[PC] Oblivion Modding Guide (1 Viewer)

Dandy TIger

Potential Patron
Still having issues. Every time sex initiates with another humanoid, a meshing error comes up. It doesn't do it with creatures though. I've triple-checked all of the meshing files and they are all in order. All of the appropriate steps have been followed in the installation guide, and the Load Order is in order, unless BOSS ordered them wrong, or not at all.

Edit: My order list goes like this:

Oblivion.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
LoversCreatures.esm
BreakUndies.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
DMRA Stock Clothing Skimpy.esp
DMRA Stock Armor Skimpy.esp
DMRA Stock Robe Skimpy Replacer.esp
LoversRapeSlave.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlus.esp
LoversRaperS.esp
LoversJoburg.esp
LoversBed.esp
LoversPower.esp
LoversFSE.esp
LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
Slof's Boners! v5.esp
LoversHelpRapeVPlayer.esp
LoversStopCombatEX.esp
LoversSpermSplashEX.esp
LoversHideMenus.eso
zzEstrus.esp
Beautiful People.esp
LoversContraception.esp
LoversSoundVolumeDown.esp
sexdarkness_Eng_only_last.esp
LoversCreature.esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
LoversAnimObjectPriority.esp

Last edited by a moderator:

onlinehero

Casual Client
Try disabling other mods and esp files except Oblivion.esp (and if there are other esps needed). If it still crashes then what Someone92 said.

Tali Zorah

Potential Patron
Well i was going to buy Oblivion 5th anniversary pack anyway, so i might as well chek these mods out :D

Are all these mods compatible with the Shivering Isles? And if i download only your mods on the list it should work? Lot of work but i think its worth it through out the game, i did the same with Fallout New Vegas

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
well ive just gotten in a sudden mood to try my hand again at Oblivion modding, last time I had some issues, so going to just follow this guide step per step and hope for the best!

I do however have some questions.

I want to use the 4096x4096 HGEC high rez body replacer (just going to start simple with the default package). Do I first need to install the normal HGEC and then install this over it after that? Or can I just immediately install the high rez without needing to install the normal HGEC first.

Second question; when you make a new character you know how he/she always starts in the prison and you have that whole escape fight and all that.... Is there a way to skip this?

Third question; does mods like Sexdarkness for example (which still has some chinese and stuff in it or so it claims in description) require any applocale changes?
Same goes for the xlovers I've seen around (though I also know there is a translation project of that still going I think).

ps: I own the Steam digital deluxe GOTY edition of this game, hopefully that's not a problem :P

Last edited by a moderator:

onlinehero

Casual Client
Are all these mods compatible with the Shivering Isles? And if i download only your mods on the list it should work? Lot of work but i think its worth it through out the game, i did the same with Fallout New Vegas

I don't know... I just work here. Mod description usually says if it's not compatible or if there are known issues with Shivering Isles. Test and if Oblivion crashes, unselect those mods. As for my mods, I dunno. You have to test.

EDIT: Damn you Neon. You just had to post before me huh?

"I want to use the 4096x4096 HGEC high rez body replacer (just going to start simple with the default package). Do I first need to install the normal HGEC and then install this over it after that? Or can I just immediately install the high rez without needing to install the normal HGEC first."
If the mod's installion manual doesn't say anything, then I guess you can... I really don't remember.

"Second question; when you make a new character you know how he/she always starts in the prison and you have that whole escape fight and all that.... Is there a way to skip this?"
Yeah there was a console command "movetoqt" that teleports you to end of prison. There was also other teleport command to load a map directly, but I've forgotten that one.

"Third question; does mods like Sexdarkness for example (which still has some chinese and stuff in it or so it claims in description) require any applocale changes?
Same goes for the xlovers I've seen around (though I also know there is a translation project of that still going I think). "

Nope. You will just see gibberish as text.

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
Still having issues. Every time sex initiates with another humanoid, a meshing error comes up. It doesn't do it with creatures though. I've triple-checked all of the meshing files and they are all in order. All of the appropriate steps have been followed in the installation guide, and the Load Order is in order, unless BOSS ordered them wrong, or not at all.

sexdarkness_Eng_only_last.esp

That is at least one of your problems ;)

You can only load lovers OR sexdarkness, not both ;)
(as far as i know at least)

Also if i recall breakundies has some incompatibilities. Check the nexus page for that to see if it has any.
Also I think you have to load the skin mods before the lovers? But I am also not sure about that.

Dandy TIger

Potential Patron
I had found what my problem was, for some odd reason I was running my computer without Windows Service Pack 2. Didn't really think that would have been an issue, but when I ran that same load order again after installing it...Voila! Makes me feel like a noobtard.

B

bernie1066

Yeah there's a lot of problems that get solved just by having the basic platform installed right ... like, my first time through I forgot to install all the oblivion patches and updates, which made none of the mods work ... and there's no error messages, if things don't work it just fails silently so debugging is a pain

B

bernie1066

I want to use the 4096x4096 HGEC high rez body replacer (just going to start simple with the default package). Do I first need to install the normal HGEC and then install this over it after that? Or can I just immediately install the high rez without needing to install the normal HGEC first.
Yes, you need both. I think. HGEC is primarily the mesh. The texture that comes with it is just a temporary one so something will show up when you load it. The hi-res texture pack only includes textures, not the meshes. Install HGEC first and then the texture pack; the texture pack also has an installer script where you choose which variant u want.

Same goes for the xlovers I've seen around (though I also know there is a translation project of that still going I think).

ps: I own the Steam digital deluxe GOTY edition of this game, hopefully that's not a problem :P
[/QUOTE]

loverslab community is doing ongoing translation work on the xLovers mods, and seems really active. i can't figure out anything about sexdarkness, even what it is, so i dunno ...

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
thanks for the replies onlinehero and bernie1066!

Also at quick drawn onlinehero, it seems I'd beat you... by about 5 minutes :P

onlinehero

Casual Client
I haven't really updated this guide since 2010 (last edit is just a typo fix) nor followed the modding community, so there are probably a lot of new mods that should be in the list... but are not. If you folks know such mods that should be added to first post, let me know and give you credit for finding them and add them to the list. Or try to make a link to your post or something. You probably know more of the new mods than I, so please share that others can enjoy them too :)

C

Callonia

What happened to the tons of old posts that was in this thread? Need reference cuz I got this brand new pc now. XD And I find myself to be in quite abit of dilemma but forunately, it seems like obmm is also required to run obse.

onlinehero

Casual Client
Some of the links don't work anymore, and all megaupload links are dead yes. I'm not sure if I anymore have my own mods on the computer, so if you're looking for ryona mods, they may be gone. Hopefully Someone92's thread will help you in installing other mods.

Awaiting Skyrim (ryona) modding guide...

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.