Nude mods for Neptunia series with full model edits. (1 Viewer)

what CPU should I edit the model of first

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlancSeigneur69

Casual Client
The file name read_ism2 is strange even though it is a model modification program.
This was originally intended for data structure analysis of ISM2 files, so it has become a confusing name.

Since io_import_compile_heart_ism2.py only handles PNG images, all texture TID files need to be converted to PNG files.
For example, if the file layout is as follows, texture files will load correctly
model\chara\001\002.ism2
model\chara\001\texture\001\body_c.png
model\chara\001\texture\001\face_c.png
model\chara\001\texture\001\hair_c.png

Follow the procedure below to modify the mesh.
1) Select the mesh object you want to export and execute File-> Export-> Mesh for read_ism2 (.cfg/.txt) from the menu.
2) Press the Export Mesh button with the output file name as MESH.txt, for example.
3) Then open a command prompt and change to the folder containing MESH.txt.
4) Enter the command as follows.
> read_ism2 ORIGINAL.ism2 -c MESH.txt -o NEW.ism2
In most cases, WARNING messages can be ignored.
that command is not working for me though I am trying to use it in Run

Also worked on the model still unsure about the quality of the crotch but want to soon start testing a few things:
*Seeing how the game engine will react to me filling those holes at the seams
*changing the UVs
*if different file texture file sizes inpact the game.
Once Im done with these tests and Im finally at something Im happy with Ill be passing a texture and model to DocterStar to see what he can do.

wind_bell

Casual Client
If you are not familiar with the command prompt, you may have a hard time until you can use read_ism2.exe.
Place the tool exe and dll, the ism2 file to be changed, and the mesh file exported from blender all in the same folder.
For example, place them in C:\WORK, open a command prompt, and execute "cd /d C:\WORK" first.
Then use read_ism2 and I think it will work.

BlancSeigneur69

Casual Client
well this is aqeward Im trying to test out the changes but there is one problem Im at new game plus so I would have to play abit before I could actually see if the model edits

so I cant actually test my changes right now.

So im going have to wait and breaze back though the story later to see the edits in action

oh forgot about the fake white heart in the beastary, still cant get a good enough look at it but the distortions near the croach are a good sign something was changed. Still going to need to progress in the story regardless though.

was going to quickkly by roms swimsuit to maybe do a crude test with the striped down model I have of roms swimsuit but I was reminded of how lubricous the outfit prices get in this game.

BlancSeigneur69

Casual Client
Just a quick update, I at this posting finished chapter 3 and will likely be able to do my tests at the end of the next chapter tomorrow, To be honest the main reason Im taking so long is mainly because I don't want to skip though the cutscenes and not in a rush so Im playing it in addition to my reguelr game cycle. Though not struggling sense this is new game+ afterall so I just been melting everything with just rom for the lols.

The reason I need to do the test though is simply because I want to test the limits of what I can do before polishing up White Heart and moving on. Mainly to see if I can actually do something about those seams.

BlancSeigneur69

Casual Client
I am sorry to admit but I was unable to make any progress on Re;Birth1 today to get to were I can view White Hearts Model in-game easily due to the fact I was on a one day trip with family to get a relative.

wind_bell

Casual Client
When you run read_ism2.exe at the command prompt, add "> log.txt" at the end.
Then the program message will be saved in log.txt instead of being displayed on the screen.

BlancSeigneur69

Casual Client
eh Im trying that but it asks me what program to run and when I click text.txt I get
2020:07:11 08:49:51:871 Could not recognize operation: a! 2020:07:11 08:49:51:912 DifxFrontend failed!:
may be doing this wrong though

Vladilen

Vivacious Visitor
eh Im trying that but it asks me what program to run and when I click text.txt I get
2020:07:11 08:49:51:871 Could not recognize operation: a! 2020:07:11 08:49:51:912 DifxFrontend failed!:

Example of usage of the "> log.txt" straight from the readme file

4. Save the information of the ISM2 file.
Open a command prompt and enter the following command in that window.

read_ism2.exe 002.ism2 --verbose > log.txt

To use after having navigated to the read_ism2 folder and while having the actual .ism2 file located in said folder.

As can be seen, it just need to be added at the end of the command to redirect the output into the named file (which will be created if it doesn't exist)

wind_bell

Casual Client
If you have successfully modified the model with read_ism2, just run the program at the command prompt as you did at that time.
The only difference is that you add "> log.txt" to the end of the command.

BlancSeigneur69

Casual Client
moved it to desktop to ensure the error didnt come from file names and tried it again in both the 64bit and 32bit folders using
C:\Users\cash america> read_ism2_20200828\64bit\read_ism2.exe 002.ism2 --verbose > log.txt and PS C:\Users\cash america> read_ism2_20200828\32bit\read_ism2.exe 002.ism2 --verbose > log.txt using Windows PowerShell. and both times I got this error:
read_ism2_20200828\64bit\read_ism2.exe : The module 'read_ism2_20200828' could not be loaded. For more information, run 'Import-Module read_ism2_20200828'. At line:1 char:1 + read_ism2_20200828\64bit\read_ism2.exe 002.ism2 --verbose > log.txt + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (read_ism2_20200828\64bit\read_ism2.exe:String) [], CommandNotFoundExcep tion + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CouldNotAutoLoadModule:

wind_bell

Casual Client
PowerShell is displaying that message, It is clear that read_ism2.exe has not been started.
Please use the command prompt.
That way you shouldn't have any extra problems.

If you really want to use an environment other than the command prompt, I recommend MSYS2.
read_ism2.exe was compiled with gcc for MSYS2, so if the versions of the required DLLs match, it should work with MSYS2.
However, the shell for MSYS2 translates the file path, which can cause errors.

nosis100285

Potential Patron
you guys are seriously my heroes.. if only some brave souls could apply some of the amazing lewd mod skill work from criminal girls to mary skelter 2, or just incorporate it into criminal girls 2.

BlancSeigneur69

Casual Client
PowerShell is displaying that message, It is clear that read_ism2.exe has not been started.
Please use the command prompt.
That way you shouldn't have any extra problems.

If you really want to use an environment other than the command prompt, I recommend MSYS2.
read_ism2.exe was compiled with gcc for MSYS2, so if the versions of the required DLLs match, it should work with MSYS2.
However, the shell for MSYS2 translates the file path, which can cause errors.
welp It didn't click until now for me to use the actual command prompt program.

Now to try this again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.