Need Clarification on Dialogue Actions 4.12 (1 Viewer)

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
So I've got a few mods that are outdated and I've decided to try updating them. Namely Dialogue Actions, Animtools and More Clothing. It's gonna be a task and a half to update them while keeping similar settings to what I currently have. I'm starting with Dialogue Actions since a few things broke when updating other mods. I have the zip for it and I discovered the subfolders are very different from the version I'm currently using. It's got folders for audio and graphics which is new to me.

My question is, do I need those new folders to run the updated version or can I just copy the mod itself to replace my old version? If I do need the new folders, where do I put them? I'm asking about this version of Dialogue Actions. Do I need all the extra files and folders or just the mod itself? Thanks in advance for any info.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
You need the folders to have access to those default assets and features, they are not necessary though, as the system is modular, though if you do removed the assets you might have to remove their references in the default settings .txt

you should be safe in starting by replacing Dialogue Actions, Animtools and More Clothing with their default setups by copying them to a copy of your loader, then adding your settings to the respective settings .txt

If you follow though and actaully test this, feel free to reply to this thread with specific questions.

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
I didn't think about testing in a copy of my loader, tho that should've been the first thing to think of. With as much as those mods change it would be very important to have a backup of my main build. I don't see a settings.txt for Dialogue Actions tho.

My main concern in this thread is the new folders in the Dialogue Actions zip. Namely: audio, graphics, obj and src. Bin appears to contain the mod itself. Do I need to put those 4 folders somewhere or can I ignore them?

I've thumbed through the documentation for the new version of Animtools and with a little tweaking I can get my old positions back to where I can use them. I haven't looked through the new More Clothing yet, tho I have seen there are new and updated clothes added to it. I've customized my current version so much it'll take a while to get everything back in order in the new version.

Until I'm told about the new folders in DA I'm gonna start with More Clothing. It seems to be the easiest to update. Just a copy/paste of my clothes and settings. I may try experimenting with DA tho, see if anything breaks without the new folders.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i just include the source with my mods, you only need the compiled SDTDialogueActions.swf that sits in the bin folder (this is a flashdevelop project, which is why it has a lot of extra junk with it, instead of the as3compile i usually use)

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
Thanks sby sby It was a bit of confusion for me. While attempting to update these mods I didn't know what to do with those files or if I even needed them.

I've got most of it ready now but just procrastinating with More Clothing. I've added many mods to it on my own and I'm not sure which ones were already included with the update or even which ones I don't need. I'm considering just testing it with only my most needed clothing mods and see what the new stuff is. There's so many changes and new features going from 6.7 to 13.

DarkEquinox

Potential Patron
Hi

I've got a dialogue question in relation to dialogueactions and variable arithmatic.

Basically, I want to know if you can parse an arithmatic result to a variable.

The idea of the script is that a random value comes in, it's assessed against another variable and generates a result;

initial_settings:{"Var_Limit":0,"Var_Amount":0}

pulled_down:"???[Donate]"

Donate:"CHING![Donate2]"{"style":"Him","set":{"Var_Limit":100}}

Donate2:"[DonateScript]"{"set":{"Var_Amount":250}}
Donate2:"[DonateScript]"{"set":{"Var_Amount":50}}

DonateScript:"I'll pay you *Var_Amount* to take it in the ass![Her_Response]"{"style":"Him"}

Her_Response:"[Her_Response*Var_Amount>Var_Limit*]"

Her_Response0:"I'm not doing that!"
Her_Response1:"Let's do it!"

So it all works, except for the [Her_Response*Var_Amount>Var_Limit*] part. Is there ANY way of doing this? I've tried using "set" on a third variable as well as other things and just can't get the arithmatic to stick, it only seems to work if in the actual speech string.

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
D DarkEquinox Kinda hijacked my thread but I can still help you out as I think I see what's going wrong for you. Idk if there's any rules on that tho.

If your dialogue is written exactly as you've typed above then the problem you're having is the operators need to be separated from the variable names. I use a similar method in many of my personal dialogues when generating random men based on variables and da.random. Instead of writing *Var_Amount>Var_Limit* try *Var_Amount > Var_Limit*.

DarkEquinox

Potential Patron
I'll give that a go, thanks very much!

Really sorry, I totally didn't mean to take over your specific question, I just saw the title and thought mine would count as a related topic.

I'll let you know how I get on, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.