Mortal Kombat 11 (1 Viewer)

Hoopla

Avid Affiliate
I'm surprised no one has mentioned MK11. Netherrealm just had their reveal today and it looks awesome. The first two female characters revealed were Sonya and Skarlet, with Sonya being voiced by Ronda Rousey. Although we didn't get much from either besides one fight and an interview with Ronda, I thought it was still really promising. Thoughts?

puca

Club Regular
Oh, Skarlet's looking good! I was always a little disappointed we never got to see her face, but MK9's models being what they were, maybe that was for the best.

In other news, they just did an MK11 reveal and there are some sweet fatalities and fatal blows (the new X-ray move).

Ryona aside, the game's got some neat new mechanics!

Last edited:

giugo

Swell Supporter
Skarlet looks cute but I definitely want another costume on her. And damn that fatal blow done on her was hot, if some of them are heavy focused on punches/kicks I'm in. Looks like X-Ray attacks without the X Ray (that was kinda annoying for me). Still hope Sareena will be part of the game.

Hoopla

Avid Affiliate
This might be an unpopular opinion (especially here) but I actually love the route that Netherrealm is taking with the female character designs. Some of the other gameplay that has been popping up has shown off some of Skarlet and Sonya's other costumes and I think Netherrealm has really hit the nail on the head with the perfect balance of realistic body proportions, reasonable costumes and still accomodating people who want half naked babes. I love Skarlet's redesign and it makes her unique compared to the other female ninjas. Her MK9 design, although hot as hell, was really unoriginal and I can't wait to see her other MK11 customization options.

puca

Club Regular
I certainly wouldn't mind a fanservicey outfit or two for everyone (the MK9 outfits were really hot), but I rather liked the MKX costumes overall, so I'm fine with them continuing in that direction. Mostly I'm just so glad they've been improving their female proportions since the MK9/Injustice days...

puca

Club Regular
Also, for anybody who's interested, Cassie Cage's new look:
CassieCage-1.jpg

Last edited:

giugo

Swell Supporter
I really hope secondary outfit are more skimpy and casual, like MK 9 outfits and Cassie's secondary outfit in MK X...

Hoopla

Avid Affiliate
I really hope secondary outfit are more skimpy and casual, like MK 9 outfits and Cassie's secondary outfit in MK X...

It appears your hopes are somewhat granted. One of Sonya's outfits is pretty cool, even with her MK3 (and best) hairstyle.

giugo

Swell Supporter
That looks great. Naked belly? I'm in.

Ryona aside, looks like a good character customization!

Hoopla

Avid Affiliate
There's always hope for other potential skins. I just want a way to remove her hood. It looks nice when she has a mask on but I wish we had an option to use her default skin (which I really like) without a mask and without a hood.

giugo

Swell Supporter
I can already smell tons of DLC outfit and microtransactions! But yeah, hope she will have more in the final game. Still, belly exposed is a bonus but not a must, hope Cassie will have good outfits and BRING BACK SAREENA ED!

puca

Club Regular
Well if that means the devs continue to get work, I'm all for that. I totally missed Sareena, was she in the old 3D games? I didn't play any of those.

Skarlet and Sonya's fatal blows and fatalities on each other:

Rag40

Swell Supporter
So what's up with this freeze frame crap during the fatalities? We don't actually get to see the victim fall over anymore? Whew, that is a huge problem for me. Makes fatalities almost worthless for me, ryona-wise. Never thought that would happen.

Gear customization is a huge letdown as well. Expected us to be able to actually customize arms, legs, torso, etc like in Injustice 2, but I guess not.

Skarlet looks nice and I like how the Fatal Blows look. I guess my hope will be on Brutalities and that someone actually makes a camera mod like in MKX so we can get a better look at them.

Sheesh, didn't expect to be this disappointed by MK11, lol.

giugo

Swell Supporter
Jade confirmed. Hope there's an human skin, because she's AWFUL as a revenant/dead character. Also, seems the good ole MK 9 skimpy costumes are gone for good. I'm losing hope and hype about this game.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Unfortunately, they showed off her human skin during the Kombat Kast and I think her face looks pretty terrible. Obviously, opinions may vary on that, but I think it is a far cry from the likes of Harley and Ivy in Injustice 2. Not sure what the hell happened...

To be fair, NRS has shown an ability to improve on character faces by the time the final game rolls around. So hopefully these faces are still a work in progress.

All this ultra slo-mo crap is killing my hype, though. Makes all the females sound like men when they react to the fatal blows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.