more questions everyone knows the answer to.. (1 Viewer)

Unoronin

Potential Patron
I've DL a bunch of .png hair files, and theyre sitting in a folder on my desktop. I know how to use them in the game (along with char .swf) but how do I load them in so that I can just use them without going to this folder everytime?

Is it possible to have them ready as options, or am I forced to do it the way I'm doing it?

SuzieBrave

Potential Patron
You wont get them into the custom hair options, but if you add the folder path to the default folders in the "store custom char" menu, (Be sure to add the last "\" when you do so) the hair will be loaded when you load the custom character and on restart.

Unoronin

Potential Patron
boynamedsue said:
You wont get them into the custom hair options, but if you add the folder path to the default folders in the "store custom char" menu, (Be sure to add the last "\" when you do so) the hair will be loaded when you load the custom character and on restart.

thanks. so I know where the "store custom char" is, but absolutely no idea how to do what you suggested. could you walk me through it?

SuzieBrave

Potential Patron
You didnt even try, did you?

Anway:

Attachments

• screenshot0019.png
    screenshot0019.png
    209.4 KB · Views: 143
  • screenshot0020.png
    screenshot0020.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 159

Unoronin

Potential Patron
Ok...I'm stuck, but I have pix. BTW I'm using OSX. Why does the file for the hair say "locked"?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-15 at 7.34.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-15 at 7.34.50 PM.png
    597.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Screen Shot 2012-06-15 at 7.35.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-15 at 7.35.04 PM.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 108

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
There is a tutorial for saving characters btw.

As for OSX problems, not many users on here use Mac && are helpful in testing stuff. I'm fairly lazy when it comes to booting up OSX on my PC.

Unoronin

Potential Patron
Anonymous said:
There is a tutorial for saving characters btw.

As for OSX problems, not many users on here use Mac && are helpful in testing stuff. I'm fairly lazy when it comes to booting up OSX on my PC.

I looked over that tutorial previously, but for some reason I can't see the pictures that are posted. So it didn't help much unfortunately.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
For questions, please post in the Help section.

Also, There are images there, they just don't work right because imgur is being a dick.

Click the link for the time being and remove the "http://i." from the link and it should work.

SuzieBrave

Potential Patron
Like I posted earlier: enter the path in the default folders list. Nobody ever said anything about changing the filename.

I think we have to go a few steps back here:
A path describes a location and has a format such as
Drive:\Folder1\Folder2\Folder3\
where each backslash "\" marks a subfolder.

A file has a format such as
filename.suffix

the format
filename.suffix\
makes no sense whatsoever

You are almost there. Just delete the "\" after the filename.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.