Modding Issues (1 Viewer)

NyehKid123

Potential Patron
I attempted making a mod for the first time, and everything seems to be done right. (Although maybe not since it's not working...) Publishing the costume through Adobe Animate has no problems, but the mod itself doesn't show up. Could someone be willing to take a look?

Attachments

Petal1.fla
262.7 KB · Views: 82

stuntcock

Content Creator
The problem here is that the costume has been drawn onto the canvas rather than the template. It's split into two pieces (top, bottom) but it actually needs to be split into six or more: chest, back, right thigh, underboob, leftBreast, rightBreast, etc. Each of these pieces must then be given a name which corresponds to one of "magic words" recognized by the SDT template system. No such words are currently included in the FLA file, so nothing appear when the SWF is loaded in-game.

I can chop it up and rearrange the pieces into separate symbols with appropriate names and anatomical reference layers. I'm in the middle of something at the moment, but l should be able to post a revised version in a few hours.

The one big question mark is breast size. If you're happy with the current breast size then we can proceed as-is. If you want breast slider support then we'll need to do some additional work. We can also add RGB slider support, but that's a straightforward operation which doesn't involve any fancy re-design stuff.

We might need to shrink the side-slit of the dress slightly, because a slit which is both high and wide can create problems during animation. I'll let you know.

NyehKid123

Potential Patron
Thank you very much, that clears a lot of things up. I just attempted a fresh start on a different costume to see if I could catch the problem, so after this I may be able to make mods completely on my own.
What "words" do the templates need to be named?

stuntcock

Content Creator
Still working on it. There are currently two issues:
  1. Template Boundaries
    • Because the outfit was drawn onto the canvas rather than the template, it includes elements which span across template boundaries. The most obvious is the fact that there's a single clothing sprite to cover both breasts, even though the SDT girl's breasts are capable of independent motion.
    • These multi-template-straddling elements will not animate correctly during gameplay. When the breasts bounce, the front strap of the dress (near the collarbone) will become detached. When the right leg moves, the "torso" section of the dress-slit will fall out of alignment with the "leg" section of the slit.
    • We can compensate for this problem by adding physics features to the mod. See the bikini mods by @Huitznahua (example) for reference -- they include physics-based bra straps which allow for breast movement and changes in breast size.
    • Adding physics features necessarily converts the garment into a Loader mod rather than a vanilla import.
      • The mod's compatibility will be reduced.
      • It may not work properly with the popular moreClothing mod.
      • Some players may not be able to access it at all (e.g. someone playing the game on a jailbroken iPad with a jury-rigged Flash Player).
  2. Artistic Detail
    • The garment currently lacks shading details. It would be unusual to put a lot of effort into scripting and physics modeling for a flat-color sprite.
      • If you're already planning to add highlights and shading then you can disregard this point.
      • If you're not planning to embellish the artwork then it would be advisable to alter the design so that it adheres more closely to the template edges.
        • In short: make it more like @Kir's China Dress design. Move the top of the slit to the hip, wrap the dress more closely around the shoulder and armpit (exposing less of the girl's side), and so on.
        • If this is done, then the physics stuff becomes unnecessary and so the level of shading detail is entirely at your discretion.
    • Some of the lines demonstrate excessive detail. Example.
      • We would usually remove these superfluous details before publishing the file, because they're detrimental to in-game performance.
      • If possible, we would usually remove them from the source file entirely - because they increase the complexity of several tasks (such as alignment and rigging) and/or reduce the fidelity of the result.
      • I can clean up these details by myself, but I'll need your confirmation that they're just messy/scrap lines. If they're indicative of details that you plan to add later then I'll leave them alone.

NyehKid123

Potential Patron
Any changes that seem convenient to fix or makes the overall physics 'better' can be done. I mostly want to be able to physically see what needs to be done so that I can do just that in the future. I did plan to add some shading, but I'm not sure which tool can help me achieve good results. I've been learning to use Adobe Animate since last week or so, and another problem I'm facing is the fact that I use the free trial version. I believe I'll need to figure something out by tomorrow, which is when the trial ends... is there a solution to this?? Is there another program I can use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.