Merging folders with mods (1 Viewer)

kositrni

Potential Patron
Hello, I have SDT for a while now, and i have quite a number of bundles together, and its getting quite messy for me to sort stuff out as when i try something new i dont know into what loader i added it.
I would love to maybe merge atleast Wewillie dialoges, and some others so i could further customize only one SDT without problems :D I think I saw a threat about some kind of program or script someone made a while ago, but I can not find it. Does it exist, or was only an idea?

Faceless

Content Creator
Let me see if I understand you correctly. Are you saying that you have multiple installations of SDT?

kositrni

Potential Patron
Yeah, i downloaded each bundle seperatly (wewillie, f93, etc...) And i think i saw a thread about a year ago about how there is a way to put everything together...
I have like 7 installations.

Faceless

Content Creator
See, this is why you shouldn't use packs to begin with. Here's what you should do:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Pick one of the installations as the primary installation.
[*]Go to the <SDT>/Mods directories of all the other installations.
[*]Move all the folders in each of those separate directories into the primary <SDT>/Mods directory. If any folders overlap:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Merge the folders. If there are file conflicts, do not overwrite them, but keep both.
[*]Go into each merged folder.
[list type=decimal]
[*]Open all copies of Mods.txt.
[*]Copy all the text into one Mods.txt.
[*]Delete any duplicate lines.
[*]Now delete the duplicate files.
[/list]
[/list]
[*]Open all the <SDT>/Mods/Mods.txt files.
[*]Copy all the the text in the non-primary Mods.txt files into the primary Mods.txt file.
[*]Delete any lines that refer to the same folder.
[*]Delete all the non-primary installations.
[/list]

Faceless

Content Creator
That would be included in the "all folders" part. After all, it's not like adding dollar signs turns directories into hidden system directories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.