Legacy Requesting Rules (Updated 9th December) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Official Rules of the Request board.

Board Rules still apply, Read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reply to this topic.

Rules

Breaking any of these rules can result in negative karma/being warned and your topic being deleted without notice.

0 )Check the Archive/Booru/Filled Requests/Active Requests before requesting.
Archive
SDT Booru
Filled Requests
We don't support the booru, it's lazily thrown together and the admin doesn't take care of anything, but stuff gets uploaded there, so check there too.
If you want it made better go to the revision forum, that's what it's there for. If you are going to request that it be updated follow the rules of the revision board.
The archive is kept up to date by Anonymous, it should contain all imports to date, if not let us know and we will add it to the next update.
If the request has already been made, then go second the request and post references or something, don't make a second topic.

1 )Do not request imports that have already been made.
This includes making a duplicate topic for the same request.
You may however request a revision in the Revision board if the character has already been made and you want a better one. However, if you're looking for a completely different version of a character that's different.
Filled requests will be moved to the Filled Requests board upon completion

2 )Do not request without following the Reference Shot Guide
This will explain as best as we can what is needed to fulfill your request.
In our opinion, you only need a few GOOD images to make an import.
If you can't find good reference shots then the character won't be made. Don't be lazy, if you can't be bothered to look for good reference shots then we can't be bothered to help you.

3 )No bumping.
3 )No bumping.
3 )No bumping.
3 )No bumping.
3 )No bumping.
3 )No bumping.
3 )No bumping.
3 )No bumping.
3 )No bumping.
3 )No bumping.

You may second a request without posting reference shots.
You may post if you are adding GOOD reference shots.
We seriously try our hardest to explain this, if you see a request that you want, you may post saying that you also would like the request made. Anybody may post with good reference shots. GOOD ONES.
Bumping to keep your topic at the top is not fair to the other members who follow the rules. Don't be a tool.
If no one posts saying that they are working on it, it does not mean no one is working on it. It is not alright to post just to ask if someone is working on it.
If your request is not being filled, you may ask an artist to make it for you, but only if that artist is accepting requests
It is determined by the administration of the board what is deemed bumping, and you may or may not be punished for bumping.

4 )One request per topic
That means 1 character or 1 series. Try to be relevant.
Do not post for bumping purposes.
Do not post irrelevant stuff for bumping purposes.

5 )Do not request backgrouds, skin codes, mods, or anything other than hair imports/hair accessories.
The miscellany board is for most of that stuff.
I can't believe I had to write hair twice up there

6 )Do not post a poll in the request board.
No exceptions.

7 )Do not post a request for features.
This board is for hair imports. If you want to request features go to the future features page on Konashion's blog or go to the Suggestions page on the discussion board.

8 )After your request is filled, remove your references from the server.
These files take up a lot of unneeded space (which slows down the server and causes 503 errors), and I don't have the time to dig through all of the filled requests to remove them, so when your request is satisfactorily filled, remove your reference shots from the server. If your references are hosted offsite (e.g. imgur), this is not a problem and you may ignore it. Hair imports take up around and below 300kb and are more important than reference shots, which is why I ignore that.

9 )Do NOT change the Message icon for your topic.
Leave it on Standard. This is because after your request is filled it will be marked with a ? mark until points have been distributed, after they have been distributed it will be marked with a !.
Honestly, I may not complain as long as you don't mark it with a ? or a !.

10 )Do NOT request real people.
Don't misunderstand this, characters are fine, but Avril Lavigne and Britney Spears are not. Characters played by real people are fine, Real People are not. You may request Britney Smears or Jessica Humpson, or something stupid like that. Don't use real names. It makes us liable.
Basically the same rules as loli. Don't upload the references here, hair imports are fine.
You may NOT request actual celebrities.
You may NOT upload to the attachment system derogatory images of celebrities (Pr0n or otherwise).
You may NOT call them by their real name.
You MAY post screenshots of the hair import in use.
You MAY request hair imports of "similar" characters.
You MAY post the hair imports here.
You MAY link offsite to derogatory/fake images of celebrities.
Please stop misunderstanding this, When I say REAL PEOPLE, I am referring to actual factual people, not fictional characters from tv shows or movies (because those are fine).

Guidelines

These aren't rules, but we reserve the right to punish you for it.

Do not upload attachments
Use imgur or other hosting sites. You can hotlink if the site will allow it, but don't count on it working.
Linking to images is fine, embedding images is also fine if you size them down with the appropriate code. (To our knowledge the board automagically resizes it for you, so don't worry)
If you have tons of reference shots, upload them elsewhere, like imgur, and link to them. It just takes up space attaching tons of useless images. Especially if your references suck.
If you are posting new hair imports, you are allowed to attach it, otherwise don't do it.

Be Polite
We know that we repeated ourselves... deal with it.

If a topic is filled post that it is filled
If you see that a topic is still in the request area and it has been filled, post that it is filled so that it can be moved. If the requested import is not on the board, but has been made post it.

Don't link to Loader Import board or threads inside of it
posts with this and in relation to this will be deleted.
There is no limit on the number of requests you may post, just follow the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abom713

Potential Patron
Re: Requesting rules (Updated 2/28/11)

So if we post an attachment, we have to shrink it to 300x300? That sucks. :(

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

No, what I'm saying is don't upload attachments for reference shots. It wastes server space for temporary storage. EMBEDDED IMAGES need to be resized with the embed code. It's not that difficult.

Read the whole post before jumping to conclusions

Abom713

Potential Patron

Anonymous said:
No, what I'm saying is don't upload attachments for reference shots. It wastes server space for temporary storage. EMBEDDED IMAGES need to be resized with the embed code. It's not that difficult.

Read the whole post before jumping to conclusions

I did read it. It say attachments. So basically you're saying, don't post multiple reference shots as attachments. Post them as embed shots from other sites and make them 300x300.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

yes... make them 300x300 with the embed code, you do not have to resize the image to be 300x300 and then embed it. I posted perfect code up there.

Insanity

Potential Patron

Query:
2) Real people content may not be uploaded to the site.

Don't misunderstand this, characters are fine, but Avril Lavigne and Britney Spears are not. Characters played by real people are fine, Real People are not. You may request Britney Smears or Jessica Humpson, or something stupid like that. Don't use real names. It makes us liable.

Basically the same rules as loli. Don't upload the images here, hair imports are fine.

You may NOT request actual celebrities.
You may NOT post derogatory images of celebrities (Pr0n or otherwise).
You may NOT upload hair imports and call them by their real name.

You MAY post screenshots of the hair import in use.
You MAY request hair imports of "similar" characters.
You MAY post the hair imports here.
You MAY link offsite to derogatory/fake images of celebrities

I requested Elvira, who is played by Cassandra Peterson, which I am assuming is okay with the rule, as I haven't been told otherwise or banned yet.

How about, e.g., Barb Wire from the movie played by Pamela Anderson? Not quite as much makeup or costume for the character, but requesting the character, not the celeb? So long as I am requesting for the name Barb Wire.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

Characters are fine, just don't request the actual actress.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Re: Requesting rules (Updated 10th August)

I added a new rule, not that people follow them, but I will be randomly checking if anyone is following the new rule and smite those who don't.

And by randomly, I mean not very often at all... like 1 time a month maybe.

Scyth118

Potential Patron

Haha, we'll see how many people actually do that. I can help with removing and checking if needed.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

Yeah, if you wanna go ahead and do that, that'd be great. My problem is there are so many filled requests filled with attachments that could be removed and I just don't feel like doing it... plus there are active requests with attachments that are no longer needed because that character out of the series has been made.

Also, I added a new rule that will help me implement and start working on the new karma system.

Scyth118

Potential Patron

I'll take some time and go through the whole list. Filled/Done requests with attachments (hosted on the forum) will have the attachments removed, along with attachments in active requests where that character has been done. Just need to know what exactly can be left... there usually are three types in the threads:
1. Reference pictures.
2. Hair Templetes/swf files.
3. Preview pictures of the templets.
I assume you only mean 1. the reference shots, need to be removed if they are hosted on the forum and not on-site.

Also, should I go back through and change any "!" and "?" topics back to the standard icon? I don't think there are very many.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

There shouldn't be any ? or ! topics because I already went through and did that.

And yes, only 1) being the reference shots... previews and imports can stay.

Scyth118

Potential Patron

Anonymous said:
There shouldn't be any ? or ! topics because I already went through and did that.

And yes, only 1) being the reference shots... previews and imports can stay.

Alrighty Dighty.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate

of course, removing references makes it difficult for me to give points based on whether or not there were good references.

Scyth118

Potential Patron

Anonymous said:
of course, removing references makes it difficult for me to give points based on whether or not there were good references.

lol, when they are deleted, a note could be left in their place saying if they were good or not. Simple enough, and you could tell if someone modified their note because we wouldn't be listed as the "last modified" user on the post.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Re: Requesting rules (Updated 26th September)

Users will now be given a warning if they break any of these rules.

Specifically Rules 1-7. I will however be very lenient on rules 1-4.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
New rule added, with further explanation about the regards to celebrities and their likes.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Still offering positive karma to users who find requests that should be marked as filled.

T

titus_andronicus

Quick question, you say we aren't allowed to request real people while talking about celebrities (or at least not by name), but are there any rules about requesting people we know in real life who aren't celebrities?

SuzieBrave

Potential Patron
titus_andronicus said:
Quick question, you say we aren't allowed to request real people while talking about celebrities (or at least not by name), but are there any rules about requesting people we know in real life who aren't celebrities?

You will have to find a way around that...just find something similar or try describing her. Also, if you browse the hair library on booru you will most likely find something that resembles your ex-gf or whoever you are searching for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.