Japanese VA or English VA , Which do you prefer ? (1 Viewer)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Hello all ,

Which do you prefer more in Japanese games regarding ryona ? the Japanese VA or English VA ?

For me personally although I prefer the Japanese VA when my purpose is non-Ryona but when it comes to Ryona then I prefer the English VA

Reasons for me is that in Japanese VA when a girl gets in trouble , she usually makes a high pitched screaming which I personally find distracting , While in English VA when a girl gets in trouble she makes some sexy moaning voices that I can easily get satisfied from it

Rag40

Swell Supporter
When it comes to ryona, audio is as important as anything else to me. Unfortunately, I also have very specific tastes which can make it hard for me to truly enjoy a lot of ryona that comes from the various games.

While I can enjoy screaming, it needs to be done in a specific way. I don't like some of the screams that Japanese VA do because they can sometimes sound more whiny than I like. If it's a scream, I prefer a more shrill or frightened sort of scream. Specifically, Jedi Academy has a few that are amazing and I still use today since they fit my tastes.

For whatever reason, I love more guttural sounds like gurgles or grunts. Generally, English VA will do a better job in this regard, but not always. It really depends on the game. I have found some great sounds that fit my tastes in pretty much every language. Some games on PC have like 8 different language sets and you can find some real gems if you extract the direct audio from the files, but it can be a pain in the ass to do it sometimes.

But yeah, if you are referring to things like fighting games that have only English and Japanese, I guess I will lean a little more towards the English VA. But even there, I really need to hear them all to see which sounds I like since I have such specific tastes.

Like, take Street Fighter 5, I have yet to hear a single sound in any language (not even sure it has multiple languages) that fits my taste. That game is like a non-entity for me regarding ryona, lol. I know others like it, though, so that's cool.

asphyxia1

Ryonani Teamster
totally agree - generally I would try English VA first for ryona purpose. I prefer deeper and more "mature" type of moans over schoolgirl type of high pitch screaming. but of course it is case by case

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Japanese VA, especially those with tomboyish/coarse voices such as Ryoko Shiraishi, Natsumi Fujiwara, Tomo Muranaka and Mutsumi Tamura. For English, I don't pretty like it much. Although, there are also some female English VAs that did tomboy roles such as Erica Mendez and Kira Buckland. I find Japanese voices to be more sexier, while English voices are more action-oriented

TortureRack

Avid Affiliate
I prefer English VA. Like others have said already, some of the Japanese VA can be a little too high pitched for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.