1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am having a issue with Loader's dialogue

Discussion in 'Help' started by ZR72, Jun 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ZR72

ZR72 Potential Patron

When I am trying to type in my own dialogue the space bar on my computer will not let me type spaces while I am running the swiff Player. What do I do to type spaces in my dialogue when I have this issue?

2. stuntcock

stuntcock Club Regular Staff Member Moderator

If you're running the game via a web browser, then try to use the standalone SWF player (Flash Player Projector) instead.

More directly: forget the in-game dialogue editor. Export your work to an external TXT file (via the Save button). Edit it using a proper editing application (with features such as Undo, Find-Replace, Spellcheck, etc). And then use the Load button to bring your completed file back into the game for playtesting.

3. ZR72

ZR72 Potential Patron

I am running it on a swiff player. But I am confused when you put " Export your work to an external Txt file" can you explain that in terms that I can understand easier. In addition where do I export the quote "txt file" from? the game? outside the game?

4. NoctSoul

NoctSoul Vivacious Visitor

I think he's referring to the in-game save option on the Modding tab here:
    [​IMG]