How to toggle clothes on and off on custom chars, like on the default ones? (1 Viewer)

Robocop

Potential Patron
I want to be able to push a button on the icon of character, similar to the default characters. I've searched around on the forum and have found nearly nothing to it...anybody know how to do this?

stuntcock

Content Creator
I want to be able to push a button on the icon of character, similar to the default characters. I've searched around on the forum and have found nearly nothing to it...anybody know how to do this?
A general solution to this request probably isn't feasible.
  • some characters can't become naked.
    • Dante's Jinx is a good example. The girl has full-body tattoos, but they were not drawn "underneath" the clothing. Hence, it isn't possible to remove the clothes while retaining the tattoos. Even if you did, there would be large gaps in the tattoos (corresponding to the spots which were originally covered by clothes).
  • categories are sometimes ambiguous.
    • the BODY category is sometimes used for changes to the body shape (tails, claws, wings, etc).
    • the BODY category is sometimes used to draw long sleeves and gloves.
    • if we detect a BODY import, then there's no easy way to decide whether or not it should be included in the "naked" version of the character.
  • we can't selectively remove clothing from a Loader mod.
    • Loader mods don't respect categories (such as TOP, FOOTWEAR, etc). They draw sprites directly into the scene. We don't know whether these sprites constitute clothing (which should be toggled off) or skin details (which ought to be preserved). Even if we knew, it would be very tricky to slice out the unwanted items.

Instead, I'd suggest that you look into the SwitchSet mod. It avoids the problem of code isn't smart enough to decide what "naked" means. Instead, it requires you to put in some extra work, and define a few variants for your character (fully clothed, torn clothing, partially disrobed, completely naked, etc). You can then switch between these variants easily during gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.