Default Animtools "Voices" NOT working? (1 Viewer)

WolfWitz

Potential Patron
I can't seem to find any thread that describes this specific issue, been searching for a few hours as well as tinkering with some settings, so I guess it's time to throw a thread out...

Issue:
When using STD, the "Char Voices Enabled/Disabled" button doesn't seem to do anything (Dialogue box is checked in Options Tab and Volume Slider is at Max). Editing the animtoolsv35settings.txt to force HunniePopSounds Enabled w/ Aiko (or any other voice for that matter) doesn't seem to do anything. I recall having the voices reading off text at least once or twice while I was setting up and testing mods; but I haven't been able to get them to work ever since. The normal sound effects work fine and using syb's AudioReplacerV1 also works fine, only the "default" AnimToolsV35 voices don't seem to work at all?​

Software Version Information:
-some_dude's SDTL2 Launcher, specifically the "sdtl2-win32-x64" variant (tested both in "vanilla" configuration & after "updating" internal files with latest rescources)​
-syb's LoaderPackV14Rev2 used to update/replace older versions of various files & dependencies (settings files were replaced/updated, at least as far as I can tell)​
-flashplayer_10_3r183_90_win_sa, flashplayer_10_3r183_90_win_sa_debug, flashplayer_11_sa, and flashplayer_11_sa_debug are what STDL2 & SDT 5.45d have located in the Game folder​
Attempted "Repairs:"
-Full reinstall of SDTL2 and loading only "default" load-in to see if it would work (Failure)​
-"Updating" all relevant files inside of SDTL2 with syb's Loaderpackv14Rev2 (Failure, though it did fix another mod issue I ran into I think)​
-Deleted AppData folder for Macromedia & moved SDTL2 to a new location (Failure, though it fixed my saved character not deleting, so that's nice)​
-Adjusted Various settings.txt for animtoolsv35, STDL2, SDT 5.45d, etc. in an attempt to find something not properly set (Failure, reverted all changes to "defaults" when freshly installed, also no change)​
-Ran both SDT.swf & Loader.swf in FlashPlayer 10 & 11 Debug modes. Flashplayer 11 Debub spit out the following when running Loader.swf (wasn't too sure where the problem object was):​
TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at SDTMods::ModPackage/frame1()
at flash.display::MovieClip/gotoAndStop()
at obj::Her/updateJawBulge_l()
at obj::Her/tickSwallowing_l()
at obj::Her/move_l()
at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
at Modules::lProxy/forwardMethod()
at obj.animation::AnimationControl/stepAnimation_l()
at DT/tick_l()
-Searched and tried a few different suggestions on forum for tangentially related audio dialogue issues (Failure)​
Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful, can't seem to figure it out and the one or two times I did have it working was by accident and I didn't pay attention to what I did as I wasn't focused on that specifically at the time. Thanks in advance.

WolfWitz

Potential Patron
Hmm... I still seem to have intermittent issues having the built in voices changing when selected via Sby's loader; but I think the TTS function I originally was talking about might be a separate thing? Anyone's suggestions/experience/observations would be helpful?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
the char voices of animtools relate to the grunts/moans created by vigourous body resistance defined in animtools for anal/vaginal, so you will not hear the animtools voices during stock 'oral' type positions.

the mods created with audioreplacer change the more common voice lines the vanilla game defines. the hunniepop audios animtools uses for grunting were provided to me, if someone has the equivalent audio files to also replace the stuff audioreplacer covers, i can throw that in animtools to provide a fuller char voice selection.

as for audio that is spoken, those are audio dialog mods. there are not many of those since usually you take audio from another piece of media and package it with textual dialog. since AI voice modeling has advanced quite a bit in the last couple years, it might be more feasible but unsure how many folks would dive into that.

also, as for that error, looks like a frame wasn't defined in some mod releated to the jaw. might be one of the newer mods sclover13 has been refining that is causing that error.

WolfWitz

Potential Patron
Thanks Sby, I think I may have figured out which mod was the "TTS-like voice" one (InsecureDialogue.swf). It was one that I had laying around from a batch of "experiment with" mods that I played with once or twice to see if I liked them. I think I must have overlapped that with GaggedDialog & GaggedReactions without thinking about it. The thing that kept throwing me off was that I recall when I had done that unintentionally, the InsecureDialogue "voice" was reading off lines that were not specific to the mod to (like vanilla text/GaggedDialog/GaggedReactions text), so I mistook it for a "TTS" type voice pack I think, which is where I got confused.

Good to know about the voices for animtools, I couldn't really find a good description of when/how they applied other than turning them on/off, maybe it's buried somewhere in some old changelog notes or something, or I may have missed it? But that helps a bit to know they don't change much in "Oral" modes).

I'll look into my mods and see if there's anything that might be related to the jaw, I didn't notice anything... but I'm already playing with other things, so it won't hurt to put it on the to do list.

Thank you again for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.