How to save custom characters (1 Viewer)

ModGuy

Content Creator
kysadhuras79 said:
Hello i tried to edit Asuka (vanilla hair) with the loader but it wont let me save it.

The loader does not support the built in save.
For more information on how to set up files to correctly be loaded, read the saving guide.

TehRiddles

Potential Patron
Can you post a link to that saving guide?

At the moment I have all my hairs and backgrounds in the same folder as SDT which leads to quite a bit of clutter. I'm having trouble moving the hairs and backgrounds to separate folders and having SDT recognize the new places.

Trying to follow the tutorial as best as I can without the images I have basically reset the character's hair and BG, located them in their new folder and gone to update the character. I add the two folders I use for hairs and BG on the bottom (though it is kind of fiddly and doesn't always seem to work) and I add the folders onto the top (eg: Backgrounds/BG01.png) This lets me update the character but for some reason it doesn't seem to stick. When I click over to a different character and back again it doesn't load the hair and BG. Even when I save my character list and reload it when restarting SDT the hair and BG are no longer found.

TehRiddles

Potential Patron
I've read it and it only seems to apply to the loader, what it says doesn't really follow over to the main version of the flash. It also doesn't address the problems I was having with trying to get folders recognized in the flash.

I basically want to move all my hairs and backgrounds from the root folder to their own separate folders. Trying to add the folders in the flash doesn't seem to remember them when I load the character up again.

D

denn167

So does anyone know how to save a .SWF character cause whenever I load the character I see this I already tried to typ the location of the character in the default folders box but I still can't save her this even happens when I just apply a basic hair mod. Please help.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    469.9 KB · Views: 663

James Noise

Potential Patron
Um. Hi. I got a bit of a problem with these thing of saving the character. I've recently had a custom sissy/trap Naruto but instead of using a hair image, I used a swf mod because I didn't had as .png Naruto's Hair. Basically, this happens:

It would stay stuck trying to find out where it came from. I have even changed the file location but it hasn't worked either. Also, after I try for like the 3rd or 5th time, everytime I try to click again "save character" the button won't do anything. Plz Help.

ALSO, for y'all trap/sissy lovers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°):

stuntcock

Content Creator
It would stay stuck trying to find out where it came from.
That's probably because you're playing the game online. SDT.swf is attempting to access the file system and establish relative paths, but it can't because the file is remote (or because the file is sitting in a randomly-allocated TEMP folder somewhere on your PC). Even if you managed to save everything properly, it would presumably be lost as soon as you close your Incognito browser session.

Solution: download the game to your local hard disk and launch it from there (instead of accessing a copy hosted on somebody's website).

James Noise

Potential Patron
That's probably because you're playing the game online. SDT.swf is attempting to access the file system and establish relative paths, but it can't because the file is remote (or because the file is sitting in a randomly-allocated TEMP folder somewhere on your PC). Even if you managed to save everything properly, it would presumably be lost as soon as you close your Incognito browser session.

Solution: download the game to your local hard disk and launch it from there (instead of accessing a copy hosted on somebody's website).

Ok. Now I finally got to open it in my disk (I wasn't able to open it with flash player idk why) and with Sby's Loader I was able to save my character, but this happened: Every time I tried other swf mod like (let's say) a dress my character looses its hair

As you can see in the image. All I can say is that naruto's hair is a swf mod ('cause I can't find it in png). Plz halp

Last edited by a moderator:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Ok. Now I finally got to open it in my disk (I wasn't able to open it with flash player idk why) and with Sby's Loader I was able to save my character, but this happened: Every time I tried other swf mod like (let's say) a dress my character looses its hair
Whoever put together the dress SWF included an embedded charCode. This was probably a mistake by the modder. It's relatively easy to recompile a SWF file without the unwanted charCode, but you haven't actually specified which file(s) are causing the problem.

Solutions
  • Load the dress first, and then load the Naruto hairstyle
  • Put the dress and the hairstyle into a character folder, and ensure that the dress precedes the hairstyle in Mods.txt
  • Put the dress and the hairstyle into a character folder, and include a Settings.txt file with the line:
    Code:
    blockCharData=1

James Noise

Potential Patron
Solutions
  • Load the dress first, and then load the Naruto hairstyle
  • Put the dress and the hairstyle into a character folder, and ensure that the dress precedes the hairstyle in Mods.txt
  • Put the dress and the hairstyle into a character folder, and include a Settings.txt file with the line:
    Code:
    blockCharData=1
Ok but I wasn't refering JUST the dress. It was an example. Everytime I try something new like make-up or anything even non-mod related and I save the character looses it's hair. Sorry for being such an annoyance is just that I'm new and I still don't have a hang of all yet

stuntcock

Content Creator
When I click it to save nothing pops up?
If you're trying to play SDT in your web browser then some save/load actions will be blocked. You're encouraged to use the standalone "Flash Player projector" application instead.

If you're already using the Flash Player application then we'll need more information about the problem. Could you please provide a screenshot, and list a few of the steps involved? Such as: which actions you've performed, what you expect to happen next, what actually happens next. Basic information about your setup (e.g. operating system, hardware, whether you're playing a local or hosted/remote copy of the game) may also be useful.

Squidbilly

Potential Patron
I have this for Andriod and it won't let me save and I don't have it in the defaults file and I don't know the path can someome help please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.