HOW TO INSTALL MODS (2 Viewers)

tickles

Content Creator
HOW TO INSTALL MODS

A Step-by-Step Guide for how to install mods to your SDT game.
How there was never a simple guide to doing this I do not know.

- A Loader Pack/Bundle
- Desired Mod

Steps

1. Download any of the mods found in the Resources Tab. (ex. moremoods)
  2. Unzip the mod if it came prepackaged as a .zip or .7z file. (ex. moremoodsV#.zip)
  3. Take the .swf/.mod file of said mod out of it's packaged folder (if it came packaged as one), as well as it's settings.text file (if it came with one). (ex. moremoodsV#.swf and moremoodsv#settings.txt)
  4. Open the Loader Folder of your pack/bundle​
  5. Place files into their respective folders that's the Loader Folder (which are the Settings Folder and the $INIT$ Folder)​
  6. Place the mod's settings.txt file in the Settings Folder. (ex. moremoodsV#settings.txt -> Settings Folder)
  7. Open the Mods Folder to find the $INIT$ Folder.
  8. Open the $INIT$ Folder
  9. Place the mod's .swf/.mod file in said $INIT$ Folder (moremoodsV#.swf -> $INIT$ Folder)
  10. In the same $INIT$ Folder, add the name of the .swf/.mod to the Mods.txt file (moremoodsV#.swf -> Mods.txt)
  11. Done! Launch Loader.swf and play the game with the mod that you've installed!

Last edited:

UndertowTruck

Content Creator
HOW TO INSTALL MODS

- A Loader Pack/Bundle
- Desired Mod

Steps

2. Unzip mod if it came prepackaged as a .zip or .7z file. (moremoodsV#.zip)
  3. Take out the mod's .swf or .mod file, as well as any settings.text file that it was packaged with. (ex. moremoodsV#.swf and moremoodsv#settings.txt)
  5. Place the mod's settings.txt file in the Settings Folder. (moremoodsV#settings.txt -> Settings Folder)
  6. Open the Mods Folder
  7. Open the $INIT$ Folder
  8. Place the mod's .swf/.mod file in said $INIT$ Folder (moremoodsV#.swf -> $INIT$ Folder)
  9. In the same $INIT$ Folder, add the name of the .swf/.mod to the Mods.txt file (moremoodsV#.swf -> Mods.txt)
  10. Done! Launch Loader.swf and play the game with the mod that you've installed!

What about all the other files that come in the mod folder?

BuckWild

Modder
Streamer
Sorry, I meant the files in the mod folder for the mod that you downloaded. I am talking about the files besides the .swf & settings folder.
Usually you won't need to do anything with the other files included. There are very few exceptions, such as moreclothing, but that will be detailed in their notes.txt or readmes.

Aseritle

Potential Patron
HOW TO INSTALL MODS

- A Loader Pack/Bundle
- Desired Mod

Steps

2. Unzip mod if it came prepackaged as a .zip or .7z file. (moremoodsV#.zip)
  3. Take out the mod's .swf or .mod file, as well as any settings.text file that it was packaged with. (ex. moremoodsV#.swf and moremoodsv#settings.txt)
  5. Place the mod's settings.txt file in the Settings Folder. (moremoodsV#settings.txt -> Settings Folder)
  6. Open the Mods Folder
  7. Open the $INIT$ Folder
  8. Place the mod's .swf/.mod file in said $INIT$ Folder (moremoodsV#.swf -> $INIT$ Folder)
  9. In the same $INIT$ Folder, add the name of the .swf/.mod to the Mods.txt file (moremoodsV#.swf -> Mods.txt)
  10. Done! Launch Loader.swf and play the game with the mod that you've installed!

hey, im unsure what you mean by step 3 and 5? It's a lill confusing.

tickles

Content Creator
hey, im unsure what you mean by step 3 and 5? It's a lill confusing.
What's confusing about it? You place the mod's files (the mod itself, and its settings txt file if it came with any) into the respective folders in the loader, and settings folder. Then add the mod's file name to the Mods.txt that's in the $INIT$ Folder, and you're done.

Aseritle

Potential Patron
What's confusing about it? You place the mod's files (the mod itself, and its settings txt file if it came with any) into the respective folders in the loader, and settings folder. Then add the mod's file name to the Mods.txt that's in the $INIT$ Folder, and you're done.
oh. I got a little confused on the wording was all.

Lex34220

Potential Patron
i found a mod i really like but none are in Swf files they are all text documents such as notepad with code and idk how to use these mods
chainsawplayin's positions these are the mods no idea now to install them i tried everything i could think of. i am new to this site and don't have discord

yourdogsuser

Potential Patron
HOW TO INSTALL MODS

- A Loader Pack/Bundle
- Desired Mod

Steps

2. Unzip the mod if it came prepackaged as a .zip or .7z file. (ex. moremoodsV#.zip)
  3. Take the .swf/.mod file of said mod out of it's packaged folder (if it came packaged as one), as well as it's settings.text file (if it came with one). (ex. moremoodsV#.swf and moremoodsv#settings.txt)
  5. Place files into their respective folders that's the Loader Folder (which are the Settings Folder and the $INIT$ Folder)​
  6. Place the mod's settings.txt file in the Settings Folder. (ex. moremoodsV#settings.txt -> Settings Folder)
  7. Open the Mods Folder to find the $INIT$ Folder.
  8. Open the $INIT$ Folder
  9. Place the mod's .swf/.mod file in said $INIT$ Folder (moremoodsV#.swf -> $INIT$ Folder)
  10. In the same $INIT$ Folder, add the name of the .swf/.mod to the Mods.txt file (moremoodsV#.swf -> Mods.txt)
  11. Done! Launch Loader.swf and play the game with the mod that you've installed!

At Number 10. I dont really understand what you mean by that. I did all the other steps and i dont understand the last one. Can you please explain it better or maybe do a video? A video would help alot but explaining would also help.

Justhereforthemods

Potential Patron
There is no $INIT$ folder. I have no idea what the fuck $INIT$ means. I have downloaded multiple launchers, but not a single one of them had a folder named $INIT$ anywhere.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Disclaimer: I don't play SDT, so I can offer vrey little in the way of assistance.

Having said that, I suspect that $INIT$ is a hidden folder. To view hidden files and folders in Windows 10
  • Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
  • Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
  • Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.

To view hidden files and folders in Windows 11
  • Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
  • Select View > Show > Hidden items.
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.