How to have mod files and backgrounds load in character folders (1 Viewer)

stuntcock

Content Creator
I still think it would be far more efficient if the downloads page had literally everything for the SDT
*Ahem*. I've posted almost a thousand mods so far. @Huitznahua has posted several hundred. You're welcome to volunteer if you'd like to help out.

And as long as you're complaining about the lack of content on the Downloads page ... why haven't you posted your own custom hairstyles as Downloads? :P I can walk you through the process, if you'd like.

I still dont get why the loader remembers some mods as opposed to others
As @Samoth told you, SDT does not automatically scan for or recognize all available SWF files (if it did, then the game's loading time would be unreasonably long -- look at the 666 modpack for an example). It "remembers" some of them because you've listed them in your mods\$INIT\mods.txt file. You can get it to remember others by listing them in mods\{character name}\mods.txt or settings\moreClothingV5_1settings.txt.

and more comprehensible guides. I see a lot of threads full of people asking redundant questions, and no doubt mine have been asked before.
Meh. It's tempting to believe that people would behave better when presented with superior documentation ("education is the answer!") but the Invalid Requests board is filled with people who habitually ignore the rules in spite of direct and specific feedback (e.g. "please post side-view images").

In this case, I'd argue that the information you needed (regarding mod-loading and character folders) was adequately addressed in Huitznahua's guide. It's the very first stickied thread on the Tutorials board. So:
  • did you skip that guide entirely because the title includes the word "newbie"?
    • if so: contact @Huitznahua and let him know; he may decide to rename the thread for greater visibility
  • did you stop reading the guide because you thought that it was inapplicable to your problem?
    • if so: why?
  • did you Ctrl-F for specific words and then close the guide when you didn't find them?
    • if so: which words?
  • did you find the language or structure of the guide incomprehensible?
    • if so: please let @Huitznahua know. English isn't his first language, but he tries hard to be understood and he would appreciate feedback or suggestions for improvement.
It sucks that the search bar couldn't find the exact thing I was searching for which was literally right there on that link
Search is context-sensitive. There's a partial explanation at the beginning of this post (the full explanation is on a staff-only board so you wouldn't be able to read it). You can workaround the problem by using the Advanced Search page. I know that it's unintuitive; I've asked for it to be changed; I can't make the change on my own initiative.

Murdoc53

Content Creator
I actually made several hairs that exist even in the archive

Also If you wanna complain about people complaining, some people absolutely HAAAAATE reading. Some people just wanna drag and drop, click one button, and make the thing do the thing. Yes, we are impatient. Yes, learning takes us forever. Yes, we can be quick to anger, and even vulgar. But that's because some other people refuse to summarize or elaborate or screencap or sort .

The whole world would get shit done quicker if people learned that others learn differently
zhuli-does-the-thing-16x9.jpg

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
But that's because some other people refuse to summarize or elaborate or screencap or sort .

The whole world would get shit done quicker if people learned that others learn differently
I'll admit that I'm pretty bad on this front - I tend to write long paragraphs. But @Huitznahua's guide is littered with screencaps, and sby sby has provided video tutorials for several of his mods. We still get the same repeated/redundant questions, which leads me to believe that it's not really about "learning styles" but rather "accessibility of help documents" or "information overload for newbies" or "confusing forum layout" or similar factors.

So I'm asking you directly: what could we have done differently? which would have proactively solved your problem and made it unnecessary for you to get upset and ask for assistance?

Murdoc53

Content Creator
Cram all tutorials on one page?
maybe work towards filling up the downloads page
include more info on the sdt on top downloads page
include instructions in every mod download
its kinda the thing that would pop up in a case by case scenario for every newbie. For me it was the hoodie, for someone else it could be the ballgag or the earrings. So yeah, its not just a quick edit to make the entire community stop bickering

Also a lot of people know nothing of coding, so customizing a text document can confuse some people. Mention what each symbol does and how the game reacts to it. If I didnt realise each mod had to be separately foldered in order for them to correctly show up in the character screen, I would still be pulling my hair out

sby

Content Creator
Coder
why are things disorganized? -> hundreds of people contributing over years, and takes a long time to fix that shit.

people have made large packs multiple gigs in size, but not like they are gonna be all inclusive.
also, probably 95% of mods don't need instructions, they all work the same way.
(mine are in that 5% somewhere)

YoYo SDT

Potential Patron
I'm unable to directly reproduce this problem. In my experiments, it is possible to load Patrick's SWF mods via Mods.txt in a character folder. You may need to double-check your CharacterFolders.txt file and verify that its contents are up-to-date.

However, there's a broader issue here.

Loader-reliant imports (such as the MOD version of @Patrice's thighs, or any of @Huitznahua's fancy bikinis) don't cooperate fully with character folders, because the g.inGameMenu.loadData method gets invoked directly by the Loader, and the Loader partially bypasses lProxy. Until we get a Loader patch, you can workaround the issue via sby sby 's moreClothing mod.
  1. Download and install moreClothing (note: if you're using sby's Loader Pack then you already have it)
  2. Include the thick mod in your moreclothingV5_1settings.txt file and paste a copy of the MOD file into your moreClothingMods folder
    Code:
    sdt-thickerAssAndLegs.mod=Thicker Ass and Legs
  3. Restart the game and allow moreClothing to load fully
    • if it shows error messages then you'll need to do some troubleshooting before you can proceed
  4. Enable the mod in-game via the Body selector (which moreClothing adds to the game's UI)
    • the selector appears at the bottom of the middle pane of the Scene tab (scroll down to find it)
    • use the ◄► buttons until Thicker Ass and Legs appears in the box, then left-click the box to activate the mod
    • your character's thighs should become thick. You may need to close the menu in order to verify that the change has occured
  5. Generate a character code. You'll notice the following snippet near the end:
    Code:
    moreclothingbody:Thicker Ass and Legs
  6. Copy-paste this snippet into the Code.txt file in the relevant character folder(s)
  7. When the custom character is loaded, the game will automatically enable the Thick Thighs mod
  8. Thick Thighs can still be toggled on and off via the moreClothing Body selector in the UI
  9. This approach is necessary for the Loader-reliant mods mentioned above, but it can be applied to vanilla imports as well. The PNG and SWF files can be "centralized" in one location (moreClothingMods) instead of having dozens of copies strewn across various Character Folders
    • Pro: It should be easier to keep track of them and update them when new patches are provided
    • Con: Instead of loading the files on-demand, you'll need to load them at startup via moreClothing. If you have hundreds of custom hairstyles and outfits then this may take a while.

Hi thank you heaps for the reply, so sorry for my late response - only returned now.

I have MoreClothing installed, followed the instructions within and it's a great mod - thanks to those who developed it.

My original issue persists here with the Thicker Ass and Thighs mod. When loading it within the MoreClothing UI, it 80% of the time only loads a light skinned version and it doesn't change with the skin colour. As I type this sometimes it works but I have no idea what I did differently. Is it just a quirk?

stuntcock

Content Creator
When loading it within the MoreClothing UI, it 80% of the time only loads a light skinned version and it doesn't change with the skin colour. As I type this sometimes it works but I have no idea what I did differently. Is it just a quirk?
Unable to reproduce. Intermittent errors are usually caused by exceptions, either due to sloppy code or inter-mod conflicts. Try running the Loader via the Flash Player projector content debugger. If you see an error popup then copy-paste the text, and also provide a list of Loader mods that you're running (basically the contents of your mods\$INIT$\mods.txt file).

It's possible that your problem may be caused by a non-Loader mod -- something else being loaded by MoreClothing (e.g. a pair of pants) which is somehow "getting in the way" of the incoming thigh mod. If we can't find a conflict among the Loader mods then we'll take a look through your clothing mods in the hope of identifying the problem.

YoYo SDT

Potential Patron
I will give the projector content debugger a try and report back my findings. It's just real strange this conflict keeps happening, everything else is alright. Thank you for the help so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.