How to have mod files and backgrounds load in character folders (1 Viewer)

YoYo SDT

Potential Patron
Hey guys, sorry major newbie here. Figured out everything mostly on my own, but can't for the life of me work out some things.

- How do I get mod files to load automatically when loading a character from my character folder? All SWF files I put in the Mods.txt file in each character folder load properly (with the sole exception of the Thicker Ass and Thighs standalone SWFs from Patrick) and it's making me scratch my head. I really want the thicker ass and legs mod file to just load automatically.

- How can I have BG.png (backgrounds in character folders) load correctly upon selecting a character? It always loads for a brief second before defaulting to one of the four standard backgrounds. It only ever loads the BG successfully with characters I don't have a Mods.txt file included with.

Thanks guys in advance.

Huitznahua

Content Creator
I'm pretty sure this answers can be found on the forum but I don't know where precisely. So here's my explanations :

Thicker ass and thighs standalone issue must be due to an inadequate Loader version. Do you get an error message ? what does it say precisely ?

In your "someCharacter" folder you can use a "someBG.png" file with a proper configuration line in your "Code.txt" like :
Code:
customBG:Mods\someCharacter\someBG.png;
Or you can rename "someBG.png" as "BG.png" and it should be loaded automatically.
If you encoutering a trouble like :
It always loads for a brief second before defaulting to one of the four standard backgrounds.
I suspect an incompatibility problem in your "Code.txt". You should have a configuration line for your BG which don't match with the one you want to use or the default BG line is still present in your code, for example :
Code:
"...;hisskinhsl:0,1,1,1;bg:3;hisBody:male;..."

Try to carefully compare the code in your "Code.txt" file and the code you generate when you load the character.
(you can generate the charCode with Options -> Modding -> Custom Save Data -> Generate)

Last edited:

YoYo SDT

Potential Patron
Thanks for the assistance! You solved my background problem; I had forgotten to get rid of the default configuration line for BGs in the Code.txt files.

As for the Thicker Ass and Legs mod, it doesn't say any error message or anything, just "Loading Complete".

This is when including the "sdt-thickerAssAndLegs.mod" file in the Mods.txt in each character folder, or when using Patrick's older SWF files ("Thicker Ass 'n Legs Light, Thicker Ass 'n Legs Dark, etc) in the Mods.txt file. Separately, of course, and tested in isolation with no other mods in the list. Can't get it to load no matter what I do.

stuntcock

Content Creator
As for the Thicker Ass and Legs mod, it doesn't say any error message or anything, just "Loading Complete".

This is when including the "sdt-thickerAssAndLegs.mod" file in the Mods.txt in each character folder, or when using Patrick's older SWF files ("Thicker Ass 'n Legs Light, Thicker Ass 'n Legs Dark, etc) in the Mods.txt file. Separately, of course, and tested in isolation with no other mods in the list. Can't get it to load no matter what I do.
I'm unable to directly reproduce this problem. In my experiments, it is possible to load Patrick's SWF mods via Mods.txt in a character folder. You may need to double-check your CharacterFolders.txt file and verify that its contents are up-to-date.

However, there's a broader issue here.

Loader-reliant imports (such as the MOD version of @Patrice's thighs, or any of Huitznahua Huitznahua 's fancy bikinis) don't cooperate fully with character folders, because the g.inGameMenu.loadData method gets invoked directly by the Loader, and the Loader partially bypasses lProxy. Until we get a Loader patch, you can workaround the issue via sby sby 's moreClothing mod.
  1. Download and install moreClothing (note: if you're using sby's Loader Pack then you already have it)
  2. Include the thick mod in your moreclothingV5_1settings.txt file and paste a copy of the MOD file into your moreClothingMods folder
    Code:
    sdt-thickerAssAndLegs.mod=Thicker Ass and Legs
  3. Restart the game and allow moreClothing to load fully
    • if it shows error messages then you'll need to do some troubleshooting before you can proceed
  4. Enable the mod in-game via the Body selector (which moreClothing adds to the game's UI)
    • the selector appears at the bottom of the middle pane of the Scene tab (scroll down to find it)
    • use the ◄► buttons until Thicker Ass and Legs appears in the box, then left-click the box to activate the mod
    • your character's thighs should become thick. You may need to close the menu in order to verify that the change has occured
  5. Generate a character code. You'll notice the following snippet near the end:
    Code:
    moreclothingbody:Thicker Ass and Legs
  6. Copy-paste this snippet into the Code.txt file in the relevant character folder(s)
  7. When the custom character is loaded, the game will automatically enable the Thick Thighs mod
  8. Thick Thighs can still be toggled on and off via the moreClothing Body selector in the UI
  9. This approach is necessary for the Loader-reliant mods mentioned above, but it can be applied to vanilla imports as well. The PNG and SWF files can be "centralized" in one location (moreClothingMods) instead of having dozens of copies strewn across various Character Folders
    • Pro: It should be easier to keep track of them and update them when new patches are provided
    • Con: Instead of loading the files on-demand, you'll need to load them at startup via moreClothing. If you have hundreds of custom hairstyles and outfits then this may take a while.

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
whoa, that works? i guess if it was made with the vanilla template, but then loader-required code was added afterword it could.

How would one go about tweaking a .mod file in a way like you're describing? I've got a couple of .mod's that I wanted to use but MoreClothing doesn't want to acknowledge their existence (says it gets an error trying to load them - I can see them in the moreclothingmods folder and I've accurately put them into the settings.txt file). As much as I know how to manually get them in, it'd be nice if I could treat them the way I've treated other .swf files after getting MoreClothing (once I figured out what the heck it was doing to a couple of my costumes).

EDIT: I suppose it might help to supply the .mod's here in case the code to be tweaked is specific to each one in order for their locations to be cited for repurposing. I've added them now.

Attachments

mermaid.mod
4.9 KB · Views: 185

naga.mod
10.9 KB · Views: 189

aztlan

Casual Client
You can load both of these (one at a time obviously) in your $INIT file...

Also, I had no problem loading Naga (didn't try Mermaid) through a character folder.

Added
Naga:Naga
to my CharacterFolders.txt

Then Created a Folder called Naga with:
Mods.txt (containing Naga.swf)
Naga.swf (I renamed it as an .swf, but this is not necessary)

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
I've got a couple of .mod's that I wanted to use but MoreClothing doesn't want to acknowledge their existence
My description applies to SDT imports which include some Loader scripting. The two files which you have posted are pure Loader mods - they ignore the SDT template categories entirely, and therefore moreClothing doesn't know what to do with them.

In order to use those files with moreClothing, you'd need to ask the creator to repackage them as vanilla imports.

You could also try to just include them in your character folders and see what happens.

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
My description applies to SDT imports which include some Loader scripting. The two files which you have posted are pure Loader mods - they ignore the SDT template categories entirely, and therefore moreClothing doesn't know what to do with them.

In order to use those files with moreClothing, you'd need to ask the creator to repackage them as vanilla imports.

You could also try to just include them in your character folders and see what happens.
Okay, alright. I wasn't sure and I suppose it's my own fault for reading your post and seeing the ".mod" bit and jumping the gun. Oh well. I can always just import them in the old fashioned way.

Murdoc53

Content Creator
I figured how to do this with most mods but for some reason the stupid ass clothes wont fucking load. Am I missing something!?!?!?

stuntcock

Content Creator
I figured how to do this with most mods but for some reason the stupid ass clothes wont fucking load. Am I missing something!?!?!?
Please explain your problem in greater detail. For example:
  • which clothes?
  • what's going wrong? Are the clothes appearing incompletely, or on the wrong layers, or with the wrong colors?
  • are you sure that you haven't just messed with the ARGB settings? (A = 0 can make your clothes completely invisible)
  • how are you trying to load them?
  • which version of the game are you using?
  • are you able to load the same SWF files manually during gameplay, or do they never load at all?
  • do any errors appear when you repeat the loading process with the Flash Player projector content debugger?

Murdoc53

Content Creator
Current version
literally ALL mods that dont have a settings.txt file wont save and reload just like literally all hair.png
I got all the other mods with a settings file and a mod file working just fine. Its every other mod that is being a fucking cunt right now and i dont know why.

I did everything humanely possible except that one thing that i didnt do that obviously if i did it then the thing would work except i dont know what that thing is that i didnt do which is why i am here and asking you what the ever living fuck is it that i am missing here because the instructions make literally no sense to me.

infact lets skip the text bullshit and go to screenshots, because a picture is a thousand words and words are useless when they are in a different language translated into another dead language written in blood on the backside of a satanic goat flying through space speaking in toungue

Last edited:

Faceless

Content Creator
You're not really telling us anything we can use to help troubleshoot. Throw your ~/Mods directory into a ZIP and upload it.

Murdoc53

Content Creator
DO I HAVE TO DO A POWER POINT PRESENTATION!?!?!

Attachments

• RAGE1.png
    RAGE1.png
    167.1 KB · Views: 305
  • RAGE2.png
    RAGE2.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 294
  • RAGE3.png
    RAGE3.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 292
  • RAGE4.png
    RAGE4.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 304
  • RAGE5.png
    RAGE5.png
    324.4 KB · Views: 293
  • RAGE6.png
    RAGE6.png
    308.5 KB · Views: 302
  • RAGE7.png
    RAGE7.png
    268.2 KB · Views: 277
  • RAGE8.png
    RAGE8.png
    329.9 KB · Views: 285

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
Ok, here's the thing. This isn't a full explanation but it will cover part of your issue.

UNLESS You put a mod EXPLICITLY into the INIT folder, it won't load on startup.

The ZZ_*stuff* folders won't automatically load - it doesn't load the entire Mods folder. Additionally, they're .swf files which don't play too nicely that way. To get them to load in by default, you'd need MoreClothing installed and you'd have to put them into that. If you do this, make sure you read the documentation that comes with MoreClothing because it explains how the mod works, and anything not explicit is easy enough to pick up as you go (I think yours won't be AS bad as what I've dealt with mainly because your chosen mods appear to be specific articles of clothing whereas the ones I've dealt with were full-body mods that I had to parse through to collapse down but that's me rambling).

Clothing mods won't be in by default BECAUSE they're .swf files. You'd have to make a particular character, generate their code, and then put the ONE .swf with their clothing into a mods folder.

Let's use your "RAGE5.png" as an example. Suppose that you ONLY wanted to add the Dark Grey Hoodie to the character model and call the girl Jen.

You'd make a character mods folder called Jen. Generate a save file code from the Modding tab. Put this into a text file, call it Code.txt.
Take a copy of the hoodie mod, put it into this folder. Call it char.swf. Run the CharacterFolders.jar from the main folder - this is also something I believe you didn't do. This should recognize your Jen folder and allow you to call it up. You can make a custom thumbnail quickly enough in Paint (screenshot, crop down to appropriate size, save in the folder as thumb.png). I'm not sure if this will work for all the other mods though as that system I described mainly is used to import particular character models and you'd be stuck using 1 mod per character. Adding in MoreClothing would allow you to "convert" those clothing mods to something that can be parsed and loaded via the Character Folders or specifically selected via the clothing options in the first tab.

Also, please try to be calm about this. It's not the end of the world if you can't get this working. The fact that you didn't supply substantial, CLEAR information before the post with the pictures doesn't help. As the saying goes (is this a saying? I'm not sure), "Help us help you." Your doctor wouldn't be able to tell you what's wrong with you without examining you first. To do that, you would have to supply your presence, and any additional information about your issues you can tell your doctor - preferably as clearly as you can - would expedite the process.

Murdoc53

Content Creator
I found no such MoreClothing mod in the archive.zip
I even searched the site and it didnt show up.
whoever is in charge of this place needs to tidy up, because everything is a mess

stuntcock

Content Creator
I found no such MoreClothing mod in the archive.zip
The Archive is not a complete collection of all SDT content. It contains older mods whose development is complete. It was intended to help people find files which were no longer hosted online (due to deleted threads, broken hyperlinks, filehosts going out-of-business, authors who haven't been active since 2012, etc).

MoreClothing is still actively maintained. It wouldn't be appropriate to include it in the archive, because the archive version would quickly become out-of-date. MoreClothing can be found in sby's thread, alongside a lot of other useful stuff. Be sure the scan through the first post.

If you run into difficulty while setting up MoreClothing, then take a look at the sby Loader Pack (same thread). It gives you a "quick start" deployment which includes several popular mods. You're free to continue customizing the game afterwards (e.g. by importing any custom characters that you've already created); sby sby 's pack is a strong starting point which removes some of the early headaches.

It's so useful, in fact, that we recommend it to new players.

Faceless

Content Creator
Chill the fuck out, Murdoc53 Murdoc53 . You'd think someone killed your dog or something. Cat master race.

Also, your RAGE2.png is wrong. Settings files only exist to provide customization to the associated mods. What the loader actually looks for is ~/Mods/<character>/Mods.txt. Samoth Samoth is actually overstating the necessity of MoreClothing; many of my character folders use vanilla imports of various kinds, and they load just fine so long as I have them listed in the relevant Mods.txt.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Samoth Samoth is actually overstating the necessity of MoreClothing; many of my character folders use vanilla imports of various kinds, and they load just fine so long as I have them listed in the relevant Mods.txt.
The advantage is that MoreClothing allows you to skip Character Folders entirely and just work with plain-old charcodes ... if you're willing to include every single one of your custom hairstyles and outfits in the MoreClothing config file (and suffer through a much longer init time).

So, yeah, it's a tradeoff. Character Folders are more portable and less susceptible to disruption (but trickier to setup and reconfigure because you'll need to mess with text files). MoreClothing allows the character roster to be customized in-game, but it imposes a performance penalty.

Edit: Character Folders also allow "deeper" customization, like forcing a girl to wear two different shirts simultaneously, or automatically activating specific Loader mods whenever a certain girl appears on-screen.

Murdoc53

Content Creator
EDIT by global moderator. line of post deleted

Im sorting through all the files in the archive and holy shit is the order garbled. Who the hell put this thing together? I still think it would be far more efficient if the downloads page had literally everything for the SDT and more comprehensible guides. I see a lot of threads full of people asking redundant questions, and no doubt mine have been asked before. It sucks that the search bar couldn't find the exact thing I was searching for which was literally right there on that link

I dont understand flash coding in the least and I still dont get why the loader remembers some mods as opposed to others and why i need an entirely separate mod to make other mods work, but WHATEVER!!! I am just glad I got several dozen gigs of space to justify having so many fucking files

emphasis on "FUCKING" files ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

EDIT:

SO I FIGURED OUT WHAT I DID WRONG AND IT WAS THE WRONG USE OF CODE IN THE MOD.TXT SO I DONT NEED THAT DAMN MORECLOTHESMOD AT ALL

1f8jokV.png

1f8jokV.png

2znyd1l.png

1i6v4nl.png

DGX9ZVf.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.