how to guide Dialogue (1 Viewer)

Sam_U_R_aI

Content Creator
Slingerbult Slingerbult started a tutorial thread ten years ago where dialogues have been discussed thoroughly, and Pim_gd Pim_gd made one of his own as a continuation/organizer. I do recommend checking them both:

IMHO, the best way to get used to dialogue writing is by tweaking already existing ones more to your liking, starting from vanilla ones. krizalid krizalid made a loader pack long ago (many things in it aren't up-to-date) which contained plenty of vanilla dialogues:
I've found myself looking through them and selecting one as the basis for my own (mostly unfinished and unpublished) creations many times. Once you're used to it, you can start adding things on your own.

Aside from that, I highly recommend using Notepad++ with DrZombi DrZombi 's Helper Bundle's syntax colouring, for it helps a lot in locating possible mistakes you might make:

With all that said, don't forget that your most important tool is your own brain. Oh, and having pen and paper at hand for sketching flow diagrams.

DrZombi

Content Creator
Aside from that, I highly recommend using Notepad++ with DrZombi DrZombi DrZombi DrZombi 's Helper Bundle's syntax colouring, for it helps a lot in locating possible mistakes you might make:
https://www.undertow.club/threads/a-little-help-for-new-dialogue-writers.9448/

Thanks for the mention S Sam_U_R_aI :smile:

I'll just add that there is more in my bundle than just the Syntax Coloration file. You'll find also testing dialogues made to test line types and triggers, a dialogue template, etc... So help yourself, it's a bit old but should still be useful :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.