How to create advanced stuff in the game? (1 Viewer)

Howdy

Potential Patron
I do not know if this has been gone over already in another place on this board, but I haven't found it yet and don't know where to look for it.

So: How would one create the stuff that goes in to the game which isn't already there, in terms of completely new movements, or completely different images? For example, I saw one person make a mod where there is not a girl sucking the guys dick, but a "tentacle flower" thing. Or if I wanted to create the movement for the guy to slap her, how would one go about it?

I am not asking for a comprehensive guide, but I would like to know how to get started. Especially knowing what the relevant programs are, what programming language(s) are used, and the simplified process of uploading your work to the game.

Thanks in advance

***UPDATE***: I did some more searching around and I did find what I believe are some answers. Please correct me if I am wrong. It looks like the main tool to create modifications beyond simple hairstyles and stuff like that is going to be a program called animtools. I downloaded it but am having trouble running it in Safari+Flash.

What I also would like to know how to do is to create my own clothes/hairstyles/tattoos/etc. 1. Do you have a free image creator download that you can share, and 2. How do you turn that image into code which can be read by the game?

Renegade

Potential Patron
Howdy said:
I do not know if this has been gone over already in another place on this board, but I haven't found it yet and don't know where to look for it.

So: How would one create the stuff that goes in to the game which isn't already there, in terms of completely new movements, or completely different images? For example, I saw one person make a mod where there is not a girl sucking the guys dick, but a "tentacle flower" thing. Or if I wanted to create the movement for the guy to slap her, how would one go about it?

I am not asking for a comprehensive guide, but I would like to know how to get started. Especially knowing what the relevant programs are, what programming language(s) are used, and the simplified process of uploading your work to the game.

Thanks in advance

***UPDATE***: I did some more searching around and I did find what I believe are some answers. Please correct me if I am wrong. It looks like the main tool to create modifications beyond simple hairstyles and stuff like that is going to be a program called animtools. I downloaded it but am having trouble running it in Safari+Flash.

What I also would like to know how to do is to create my own clothes/hairstyles/tattoos/etc. 1. Do you have a free image creator download that you can share, and 2. How do you turn that image into code which can be read by the game?

Animtools is a mod made by Sby for use in changing the positions of the SDT characters and the guy. It is Not used to make mods. Check out Sby's thread on how to load it, there should also have been a .txt file or something included with the mod that tells you also. If you still have trouble Sby has created a combo that combines a couple of his mods, the Mod Loader, and Adobe Flash (standalone i think). Here is his thread: http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=2888.0

If you want to make most of the mods used in .swf format I believe you are going to need to get Adobe Flash CS 3 or higher (not quite sure). Hair imports and some minor facial cosmetic stuff is usually made using Gimp. A google search will help you find it and it should be free (at least it was for me). I recommend checking out the tutorials section to get more info: http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?board=14.0. You might want to start with Volty's (Voltlight) hair import tutorial if your looking for how to make hair imports and for mods, well, there are plenty of guides that should give you an idea on where to get started. Hope that helps. ;D

sby

Content Creator
Coder
all of this advanced stuff you described would be creating some sort of loader mod
(it doesn't get too advanced past clothing and hairs for vanilla sdt)

as for programs, alternate compiler (posted on loader forum) or flash cs5 (cs5.5 is what i used, not sure what a lot of the templates are in)

everything written in actionscript programming language

for small things, can share things directly through this forum as attachments. usually preferred to use file sharing offsite to link to.

i have video tutorials in my thread if you are interested in looking into the code side of things to mod. not the most entertaining but will give you the general idea behind what is done. these are more for changing mechanics of the game than costumes btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.