How do you motivate yourself? (1 Viewer)

cookiemonste

Potential Patron
Don't know if this fits here but I got a problem.
There are many dialogue Ideas in my head for dialogues, but I can't get myself to write them down.
I don't know what it is. As soon as I open the word pad, my motivation leaves.
How do you motivate yourself?
You got some tricks?

Mineur

Content Creator
Mby not to motivate rly, but I tend to always watch something on my other screen while making imports. Could be everything from streams or series to youtube

kjon

Potential Patron
In this moment, I'm working on a dialogue and what I can tell you is, even if it sounds "corny" (I don't know if that's the word, English is not my native language, sorry), that I'm doing it because I've enjoyed a lot of dialogues, and I want to create one that their writers and all the people from the forum can enjoy. ;D

EpicDT-Hunter

Potential Patron
When I get horny my cock controls my mind and my body, so that he forces me to think some dirty scenarious and if I do so I get even hornier and my cock gets more control over me its like a circle. Maybe it sounds sick, but when Im in this circle I have epic dialogues in my mind. The problem is at a point in the dialoguewritingprozess my cock forces me to choke him, course he goes crazy of thinking about the next posible lines of the dialogue. And as soon as i choke him, he looses his motivation. Thats why i have began about 10 Dialogues, but can not finish once. Every time I start a dialogue I think about a more epic dialogue and just start from new. Or sometimes my mood to a specific kind of dialogue just changes. For exemple one day I want to write a Father-Daughter-dialogue, the next day Im in the mood for a Master-Slave-dialogue.

mistgun

Potential Patron
Well, my motivation comes and goes with everything I do in my life. But concerning dialogues, when I'm in a mood to write (and thankfully the motivation is coming back after 2 months) I simply write the dialogue I'd like to experience in the game.
As far as sticking to the dialogue and actually finishing it, I guess there's not much I can say. My motivation comes from my excitement to get it done and start to "play" the game with that dialogue. If I'm writing a dialogue I stick to that dialogue and don't "play" SDT with any other one as to not lose that grip that holds me to the dialogue.

It's tough to do that, but worthwhile when you finish the dialogue and get the close to perfect dialogue for your mind.

Hope you write and finish your dialogues.

See ya!

cookiemonste

Potential Patron
That's a good advice, I open SDT in the background to do some random tests of the dialogue.
Maybe not a good idea.
I planed many german dialogues, but I could do some of them in english for the rest of the forum.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
Back when I was active, I would binge write. Most of my first dialogues were released one after another, I guess when times were simpler... Most people above have some great points. Downloading others works to get ideas, setting the mood, personal experiences.

For myself, my biggest problem was/is the "SE Complex" as Ive called it. Going back and revamping my old work, trying too hard to get it just right. Spell checking, bug testing... after a while. I just lost sight of why I was doing dialogues in the first place... FOR FUN! It became a job. No longer fun. I was trying to be too perfect with my work. Manually editing codes, tweaking every thing to get it just right. Changing stuff that hardly anyone noticed. And with that... no one really cared about it.

I guess you could say the community here has changed a lot over the 3+ years Ive been around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.