Honey Select Thread (2 Viewers)

grgr444

Master of this Domain
There we go! I don't know why, but the xml files, which SHOULD have added more compatibility, weren't loading.
The light sources you use are labeled something that I would've never considered in neo, and they seem to actually not light up the map the way point lights do. Bathing the map in light is something I kept running into indoors, and this should help considerably! I also can't quite tell, but it almost looks like they tend to not aim directly at what you want to light, which... isn't something I considered.
Thank you so much for this. I always wondered how you made your scenes look so good, and now I have hard data how. I'm not gonna be able to come close to making anything that looks this good, but you're doing lots of things I hadn't thought of.

Glad I could help. Here is the second page!
02.jpg

Last edited:

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Glad I could help. Here is the second page!
View attachment 70915

Looks real good! I really like the kneeling sword clash happening off to the right, and the beard on the dude up front. That's Dr. Bloodmoney's, right? Aside from weird hair extensions, that's the only way I know of to get proper facial hair.
Are you considering adding the whooshy spirit that comes out? I always liked that, because in the story of the game the rogues' spirits are trapped in bodies that are no longer their own. You're freeing them by stopping their cadaver from being animated by foul forces.
I donno how you would do it, though.

Last edited:

grgr444

Master of this Domain
Looks real good! I really like the kneeling sword clash happening off to the right, and the beard on the dude up front. That's Dr. Bloodmoney's, right? Aside from weird hair extensions, that's the only way I know of to get proper facial hair.
Are you considering adding the whooshy spirit that comes out? I always liked that, because in the story of the game the rogues' spirits are trapped in bodies that are no longer their own. You're freeing them by stopping their cadaver from being animated by foul forces.
I donno how you would do it, though.
Thank you! I think that effect will be looking good but it's too hard to make it. Also I think people who don't know about Diablo2 must be confused about what's going on there.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Thank you! I think that effect will be looking good but it's too hard to make it. Also I think people who don't know about Diablo2 must be confused about what's going on there.
Yeah, that's fair. I also think it could mess up the composition, cause it's gotta go somewhere in the picture.

Using the Overall Light(character only) in neo has helped immensely with lighting things well without flooding everything. Before I was using only point lights, which work well for darker things or if you want a bit of light to be emitting from a source. I don't know why I never bothered to try it, I guess cause I thought it worked like the big light that you'd manipulate with shortcuts. For instance, I just couldn't do these sort of peeping shots before, things would get super saturated with light. It's still bright, but I think that's okay? They're supposed to be brightly lit rooms.
ldaa5Bg.jpg
nB8hoVT.jpg

Speaking of lighting, I just could not make shadows appear in the delmo things I just made. Which was immensely frustrating. Here's the scene if people want to see for themselves:
2018_0313_1949_26_933.png
Needs: This yacht:MEGA, McM82's Delmo outfit, Snooley's hair and saw hair, I think that's it?
Has anyone ever had shadows just stop working before? Cause it's very weird, they work in other places and I can use objects to make sure shadows show up on maps where they don't, but that's an item and the shadows just don't work at all.

Also, since I bet most of you guys don't hang out in a discord for this like I do(why would you?), there's a guy called Saint who's been porting a ton of maps from all sorts of things. He did stuff from Resident Evil and FF13, and a lot of maps used in DAZ and poser, along with other things. This one, in particular, seemed familiar: LEVEL 19 | Saint on Patreon.
Why did it? Well, look:
ssdBZ41.jpg

Ur6vuB5.jpg

Last edited:

grgr444

Master of this Domain
Yeah, that's fair. I also think it could mess up the composition, cause it's gotta go somewhere in the picture.

Using the Overall Light(character only) in neo has helped immensely with lighting things well without flooding everything. Before I was using only point lights, which work well for darker things or if you want a bit of light to be emitting from a source. I don't know why I never bothered to try it, I guess cause I thought it worked like the big light that you'd manipulate with shortcuts. For instance, I just couldn't do these sort of peeping shots before, things would get super saturated with light. It's still bright, but I think that's okay? They're supposed to be brightly lit rooms.
ldaa5Bg.jpg
nB8hoVT.jpg

Speaking of lighting, I just could not make shadows appear in the delmo things I just made. Which was immensely frustrating. Here's the scene if people want to see for themselves:
View attachment 70956
Needs: This yacht:MEGA, McM82's Delmo outfit, Snooley's hair and saw hair, I think that's it?
Has anyone ever had shadows just stop working before? Cause it's very weird, they work in other places and I can use objects to make sure shadows show up on maps where they don't, but that's an item and the shadows just don't work at all.

Also, since I bet most of you guys don't hang out in a discord for this like I do(why would you?), there's a guy called Saint who's been porting a ton of maps from all sorts of things. He did stuff from Resident Evil and FF13, and a lot of maps used in DAZ and poser, along with other things. This one, in particular, seemed familiar: LEVEL 19 | Saint on Patreon.
Why did it? Well, look:
ssdBZ41.jpg

Ur6vuB5.jpg
I use default light effect when I want to make daylight or normal light effects. When making normal scenes, I think this looks better than custom light. And that Delmo scene didn't loaded in Honeystudio. But sometimes shadow effects doesn't loaded correctly. I don't use StudioNeo but it happens in Honeystudio. I think there must be some problems in studio items but I don't know exactly what's the reason for that. And that map files are looks really great! But those are for StudioNeo...

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
I use default light effect when I want to make daylight or normal light effects. When making normal scenes, I think this looks better than custom light. And that Delmo scene didn't loaded in Honeystudio. But sometimes shadow effects doesn't loaded correctly. I don't use StudioNeo but it happens in Honeystudio. I think there must be some problems in studio items but I don't know exactly what's the reason for that. And that map files are looks really great! But those are for StudioNeo...

Yeah, I realized after I should just make the light source static with shortcuts, it looks better. I donno why I tried to do it any other way. I guess I wanted to get fancy.
I was very worried about things slowly becoming neo only as time went on once I learned you were using Honeystudio. I tried to see if I could mess with the resolver txts to get it to load in, but it wasn't happy with that. Honeystudio is clearly working for you, so you do not need to switch. But lots of studio items are only for neo now, including lots of maps I think you'd be super in to. I don't think there's something special about the assets, I'm pretty sure what works in neo could also work in studio. It's just getting them to show up.

Last edited:

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Last edited:

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
I'm not really able to make animations. There are tools to do so, and more are coming out all the time. There's also people making animations the old fashioned way, and doing very well: 霞 渾身の一撃 リョナ
But I don't have any videos to share. Sorry!

grgr444

Master of this Domain
test.jpg
Finally! I got a Haven trooper armor mod can be used in Honeyselect! I think Heven troopers of MGS are really good zako characters. Maybe I can make some works with them...
Well... it means that I got some other victims... poor girls...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 687

View attachment 71173
Finally! I got a Haven trooper armor mod can be used in Honeyselect! I think they are really good zako characters. Maybe I can make some works with them...
Well... it means that I got some other victims... poor girls...
Holy crap! I loved these zakos! Can't wait to see hordes of them killed!

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Shoulda never left act 1. The desert's a lot harder.
Really nice work! I like the bow scene a whole bunch, the way the chain moves out and to the side is a great touch.
I wonder what the rogues feel like? Are they cold? They are, after all, not physically alive anymore. But they might be hot to the touch, cause they're animated by spirits from hell.

wj1905

Master of this Domain
Oh these are corrupted Rogues? I think you should make them a tad more demonic - like in the game, add some horns, spikes on the arms and legs, the like.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
I think it looks good! Bullets sparking off of metal or breaking concrete/wood are helped by details, but I think there's a bit of 'less is more' for tracer fire. You can get stuck up on "well, since it's burning it should be a trace off of an object..." but it's hard to make that translate in an interesting way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 687

Teb5KFe.jpg

OyDAbt1.jpg

I just started to make next work. This is the first time I've made bullet blur effects. I hope it looks natural.

This is amazing! I can not wait for the new set! Holy crap grgr444! I've waited for so long to see Haven Troopers in peril situations from anyone, let alone one of the very best peril artists out there! Fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.