1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOMESTUCK Dialogue: Willing/Excited Vriska

Discussion in 'Dialogue' started by juxpo, Jan 7, 2013.

1. juxpo

juxpo Guest

I've recently created a very shallow and basic Vriska dialogue that I only made as a way to test out how to "program" dialogue. I enjoyed the process and am now planning on making a full length scenario with Vriska. Once I've posted that one, I am open for requests.

I've included the dialogue for Vriska as well as hairs from other Homestuck characters, which I did not create.

I hope you all enjoy. 8)

Attached Files:

2. dagelbagel

dagelbagel Guest

This is great stuff, thanks a lot!

3. Pim_gd

Pim_gd Swell Supporter

Wanted to download and fix dialogue with the DialogueChecker but I'm seeing some weird stuff in here. All the lines start with TT%3A and there are 8's instead of b's in the dialogue.

4. f93

f93 Casual Client

The 8s are intentional - notice the ;;;;) emotes in the text? Vriska has a thing about the number 8. Her dialogue in Homestuck is peppered with them. She talks like that both online and in-person. A Nepeta dialogue would involve her narrating everything in third-person.
    The TTs may be a joke about the chatlogs. If so, they should be change to AG (her chat handle is arachnidsGrip, TT is tentacleTherapist).
    If it bothers you, here are two slightly fixed-up versions of text:
    [attachurl=1]
    [attachurl=2]
    Both have the TTs removed, one has the 8s switched for bs.
    Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

5. Pim_gd

Pim_gd Swell Supporter

Strange character.
    Anyway, the checker is picking up that the [pre-cum] lines should be [pre_cum] lines.

6. hypocrite

hypocrite Potential Patron

I thought it was pretty good.

7. AaRL

AaRL Swell Supporter

If its one thing I always see with new dialogues around here. Its the lack of triggers within them... there are none. You should really take a look at the sticky Dialogue Guide at the top in the dialogue section for more details. You'd be surprised how a dialogue can change for the better with a few well placed mood changes and arm movements to say the least

8. f93

f93 Casual Client

I came across a whole bunch of Homestuck dialogues uploaded with a collection of hairs and character codes. None of them had any triggers added, but I could try knocking some together.
    Contents of folder: Jade (eager and naive), Nepeta (naive and an unfinished eager), Rose, Terezi and Vriska (what looks like the OP from this thread and an angry one).

Edit: I whipped up a new Nepeta one from the unfinished dialogue, out of sheer boredom more than anything else. http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=4291.msg62364#msg62364

9. f93

f93 Casual Client

After fixing up those MLP dialogues, I figured I may as well try to complete some for something I actually know the characters from.

EDIT: These dialogues/hairs have been moved to their own thread, because it's weird for me to be linking to this post in the middle of someone else's thread.