help with dialogs? (1 Viewer)

reach

Potential Patron
I have two questions regarding custom dialogs.

After browsing the forums for a while, I found certain .txt files containing various new dialogs written for SDT.
Where do I place these files in order for them to function?

And in regards to voices, is there a way to use mp3 files directly in order to replace the default voice?
If so, how does one do so?

Many thanks

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
I can answer the first question.

You go to the Modding tab and click Load at the bottom where it says Custom Dialogue and just choose the file. You can also place it in a character folder and rename it Dialogue.txt if you use the Loader. Awaiting someone elses answer to your second question.

reach

Potential Patron
I can answer the first question.

You go to the Modding tab and click Load at the bottom where it says Custom Dialogue and just choose the file. You can also place it in a character folder and rename it Dialogue.txt if you use the Loader. Awaiting someone elses answer to your second question.
Yep, that was easier than i thought it would be.
Thank you very much.

reach

Potential Patron
There is a post in this thread saying existing sound can't be modified, it was quite some time ago so I have no idea if that's changed.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong

Audio Dialogue Rules
About that, I have sby's mod pack which seems to feature a couple of different voices once you check under sby_loader_pack_10_545d\sby_loader_pack_10_545d\Loader5.45\Mods\$INIT$\sby_default\animtoolsV23\source\dirty_audio
The first voice is the "default voice", and all of them are mp3 files, so I assume there is a way to switch between them...somehow

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
There's a new feature for that in animtools v25 that makes that even simpler. Check it out.

I'm sure there's some way to add additional voice sets to animtools but I couldn't tell you. However:

You didn't mention in the original post that you were OK with relying on animtools, I thought it was about replacing the slurps and panting etc of the vanilla game. If you're going to rely on animtools for you project anyways I guess one makeshift solution would be to simply rename your audio files and overwrite the corresponding mp3:s in animtools.

Last edited:

reach

Potential Patron
There's a new feature for that in animtools v25 that makes that even simpler. Check it out.

I'm sure there's some way to add additional voice sets to animtools but I couldn't tell you. However:

You didn't mention in the original post that you were OK with relying on animtools, I thought it was about replacing the slurps and panting etc of the vanilla game. If you're going to rely on animtools for you project anyways I guess one makeshift solution would be to simply rename your audio files and overwrite the corresponding mp3:s in animtools.
My bad, I should probably have mentionned that.
I did download animtoolsV25 earlier, and tried importing the swf file through the loader, but that failed. What would be the correct way to do it?

As for the mp3 files, do you know where exactly the files used by the game are stored, and how I can replace them?

I'm sorry if this is taking up a lot of time, I don't have a lot of experience with modding.

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
No worries.

As for how to install the new version of animtools check out the beginner's guide. Since you already have a Loader pack you should really just replace v23 with v25 in the $INIT$ folder and also change the entry in the Mods.txt file inside the $INIT$ folder from v23 to v25. The $INIT$ folder is where one puts mods that are to be automatically loaded on startup.

As for the voices. You have to first understand that the mp3 files you mentioned and the vanilla game voice are very different. The vanilla game voice doesn't exist as easily replaced mp3s, rather it's embedded in the sdt.swf file and can't be replaced without some mod that to my knowledge doesn't exist.
The mp3 files in the the dirty_audio folder could be replaced (haven't tried but can't see why it wouldn't work - also may want to backup the originals first). These are NOT however the sounds of the vanilla game - the slurping sounds etc. Rather these are sounds used by animtools for sounds are girl makes when fucking. Can't do that in the vanilla game and so it doesn't have sounds for that.

I'm sorry if this is taking up a lot of time, I don't have a lot of experience with modding.

Asking nicely gets you everywhere ;-)

SkyHeart

Casual Client
As for how to install the new version of animtools check out the beginner's guide. Since you already have a Loader pack you should really just replace v23 with v25 in the $INIT$ folder and also change the entry in the Mods.txt file inside the $INIT$ folder from v23 to v25. The $INIT$ folder is where one puts mods that are to be automatically loaded on startup.

Actually that did not work for me when I updated it.
So, R reach if you do that and still doesn't work, copy the "source" folder inside the "$INIT$" folder and inside the "Mods.txt" file replace the line "animtoolsV<whaterever number is here>.swf" with "source/animtoolsV25.swf"
Also don't forget to put the "animtoolsV25settings.txt" inside the "Settings" folder
And delete any files from the old animtools too for a cleaner workspace.

Last edited:

reach

Potential Patron
Actually that did not work for me when I updated it.
So, R reach if you do that and still doesn't work, copy the "source" folder inside the "$INIT$" folder and inside the "Mods.txt" file replace the line "animtoolsV<whaterever number is here>.swf" with "source/animtoolsV25.swf"
Also don't forget to put the "animtoolsV25settings.txt" inside the "Settings" folder
And delete any files from the old animtools too for a cleaner workspace.
That worked perfectly, thank you.
The voices kick in whenever you put her in any special position.

I did stumble upon this thread earlier: 15 gag sounds replaced with more intense one.Vanilla SWF(no need to use load)
While not really my thing, the basic gagging noises have been altered, and the vanilla game was used. Do you have any idea how this was achieved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.