Help needed - Blade & Soul NA/EU costume modding (1 Viewer)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Anything you want to add a note to, change to the File Detail tab on the right and enter anything you want in the File Notes block. When done, click on the Save button in the bottom right.

Anything you make changes to (or already have changed) just replace the file in the export directory. Be sure to use the same exact file name. That will get it ready for repacking when I get that part working. So, no repacking as of now.

So that I know what I've got ready to mod and what isn't, I've added a sub folder to the export folder with the modded dds inside.
Even without being able to repack, I will have plenty of stuff here I can work on, but obviously I am dying to repack mods into the game as soon as that becomes possible <3

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
Anything you want to add a note to, change to the File Detail tab on the right and enter anything you want in the File Notes block. When done, click on the Save button in the bottom right.

Anything you make changes to (or already have changed) just replace the file in the export directory. Be sure to use the same exact file name. That will get it ready for repacking when I get that part working. So, no repacking as of now.
just tried a bit, but seem like it can't read my nude mod texture, it's a red colored text on the program

stricq

Club Regular
just tried a bit, but seem like it can't read my nude mod texture, it's a red colored text on the program

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. For now the program only shows textures that are in the game. Maybe try a screenshot.

c6222848

Avid Affiliate
I'm not sure what you are trying to do. For now the program only shows textures that are in the game. Maybe try a screenshot.
i opened the program and set it to the right folder, then it begins to scan my upk's(659 upk's for me, i think it also scans my mods in upk format)
it takes like 3-5min. is this normal?
and why are there some red file's ?
173129v66dzzacfvv93whp.png

i see, the most red files are UI files i guess?

Last edited:

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
First of all thank you very much for this program :)
I've really been waiting for a tool to finally mod BnS.
However, I just installed your program and .net 4.6.1 is installed as well. Yet when I start the manager nothing happens.
There's multiple "UpkManager.Wpf.exe" processes running which can't be terminated. But the program itself just doesn't open up.

My OS is Win7 x64.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Not enough coffee yet. If someone has this issue try disabling your anti virus.

Last edited:

stricq

Club Regular
i opened the program and set it to the right folder, then it begins to scan my upk's(659 upk's for me, i think it also scans my mods in upk format)
it takes like 3-5min. is this normal?
and why are there some red file's ?i see, the most red files are UI files i guess?

It does scan any extra files you may have besides just the game files. I need to clean that part of process up.

The red files are ones that have objects that did not properly parse and caused an error. For now, you can ignore those. I'll be adding support for more object types as I go along.

Hungy

Potential Patron
Not sure if its just me but I can't get the window to resize at all and the whole bottom is cut off below my screen.

Last edited:

stricq

Club Regular
Not sure if its just me but I can't get the window to resize at all and the whole bottom is cut off below my screen. Also not sure if I'm just missing something super obvious but how do we add new notes to a file?

The minimum window size is set to 1280x1024. What is your current screen size?

pandabutt

Potential Patron
I have the same issue with the window size... I currently run on a 1600x900 monitor... and given that 1280x720 is fairly standard for most computers it'd probably be wise to adjust the minimum window size to either 1280x720 or 800x600

stricq

Club Regular
I have the same issue with the window size... I currently run on a 1600x900 monitor... and given that 1280x720 is fairly standard for most computers it'd probably be wise to adjust the minimum window size to either 1280x720 or 800x600

I put up a new version with a min size of 800x600. But I think the UI is mostly unusable at those tiny sizes. I haven't heard of monitors with that low resolution since the '90s. I'll have to make some tweaks to the UI to get it to be usable that small.

pandabutt

Potential Patron
The new version appears to work just fine. 800x600 certainly hasn't been around since the 90s but 1280x720 monitors are still floating around... and currently standard for laptop screens... 1600x900 is still standard for desktop monitors and the most common found in stores still (atleast where I'm at anyway)... though both of those should be dropping off as the common standards soon since monitors have improved a lot over the past few years... and admittedly my monitor is over 10 years old now...

But anyways my point was 800x600 minimum size ensures that anyone who downloads your program can use it since all UI elements will be present on their screen at any resolution.

If it would be at all possible, it would be nice and useful to be able to view the render models in the program. would certainly make deciphering which textures are for what much easier...

Last edited:

Hungy

Potential Patron
New version works great for me. Still have some questions on the notes though. I had just gone through almost all the files spending a few hours putting notes on quite a few and then closed the program to go eat some dinner. Opening it back up all my notes are now gone :(

Do I need to save something somewhere to save the notes?

Oh I found the save button now it had been one of the things hidden below my screen on the old version. Will notes I make on this version carry over to new release versions?

Last edited:

stricq

Club Regular
If it would be at all possible, it would be nice and useful to be able to view the render models in the program. would certainly make deciphering which textures are for what much easier...

I've looked into viewing the models. That would be a huge amount of work. They use a custom format that would have to be translated to something else. So, while I would like to do this, it is low priority at this time.

Oh I found the save button now it had been one of the things hidden below my screen on the old version. Will notes I make on this version carry over to new release versions?

I will do my best to keep the notes through all future changes.

ibigfire

Potential Patron
Super looking forward to the release with repacking. It should make working with mods so much easier. Thank you, based stricq.

stricq

Club Regular
It would be really cool if someone could make an icon for my program. If you do decide to make one, I need 16x16, 32x32 and 48x48. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.