Hearthstone Nude mod (Wait, WHAT?!) (1 Viewer)

Oh No

Potential Patron
Similar to the nudestone mod elsewhere, I've changed nearly every single card/portrait/heropower whatever I could. I don't plan on releasing my version since I made it for personal use and more importantly I've literally just been grabbing a ton of pictures from all kinds of places and have absolutely no idea who made most of them.

However I'm mostly just here to mention that the amount of files seems to be giving Umod some trouble, to the point where after fighting with it for a few hours I still could not get the one file to load the new KotFT pictures. So I made a new zip file and put all the relevant information there to load separately from the main file. This, thankfully, worked, and as such if anyone is also making their own version of whorestone/nudestone/whatever here's a workaround for file bloat.
A possibly related issue of random cards appearing black may also be solved by this, since those cards do load correctly if zoomed in on strangely enough.
Perhaps making each expansion a standalone file, while more complicated to set up for each user, will help with troubleshooting in the future. Though I imagine for the whorestone mod in particular the time when file amount becomes a problem is still a ways off. My mod, not including KotFT, there's over 1500 files in the zip; whereas my backup version of whorestone (non-guro v3.0) has 580. I don't mention the zip's size mostly since all the files are the same 512x512 .dds and thus have the same size of 1025kb, except the texmod.def which is just 4.

I do feel obligated to mention that my mod is a result of a lot of brute forcing and while I actually learned how to do things... more correctly as time went on, it's entirely possible this unable to load problem is just an issue related to my inexperience.

Last edited:

Eddyboy

Content Creator
Thanks for the tip, though I've got it under control. My .dds files are only 170kb instead of 1025kb, because I took care to use alpha channels only when necessary and save under the right format. Speeds up loading times a LOT compared to other mods. Interestingly, Blizzard didn't do that and Hearthstone is actually a lot bigger in size than it would need to be.

Last edited:

Oh No

Potential Patron
Hah, I guess your mod is about 10+ times further from having that problem than I thought. At the rate expansions go it'll be quite some time before size becomes a problem. I was about to make a comment about us having Yu-Gi-Oh style arenas at that point but modding that is probably harder... and for this type of mod something entirely different. :wink:

Machara

Potential Patron
I've been having a Umod issue where after using it then closing it, the next time I open it it won't open the application visuals, just run the process. Any tips?

maxmagnus

Potential Patron
I've been having a Umod issue where after using it then closing it, the next time I open it it won't open the application visuals, just run the process. Any tips?
I usually find that restarting both the blizzard launcher an umod (in that order, don't know if it matters) fixes that issue.

Machara

Potential Patron
Thanks for the tip, though I've got it under control. My .dds files are only 170kb instead of 1025kb, because I took care to use alpha channels only when necessary and save under the right format. Speeds up loading times a LOT compared to other mods. Interestingly, Blizzard didn't do that and Hearthstone is actually a lot bigger in size than it would need to be.

I know you said it won't be so quick since your busy, but have any estimate on how long itll take you to complete this expansions set? A few weeks? or more like months?

-From, an excited fan

Eddyboy

Content Creator
I know you said it won't be so quick since your busy, but have any estimate on how long itll take you to complete this expansions set? A few weeks? or more like months?

-From, an excited fan

I'm hopeful I may be able to finish it this weekend. Even if not, I'll probably share what I have by then, though some stuff may be missing.

Machara

Potential Patron
I'm hopeful I may be able to finish it this weekend. Even if not, I'll probably share what I have by then, though some stuff may be missing.

I'm pretty eagerly awaiting it, but by no means rush yourself for others, I trust it'll be high quality once it's fully done

Alternatively, whats the process for these images? If I had 1 or two additions I wanted how hard would it be to add them? Specifically I kind of want nude genderbent portraits for the male heroes, I'm sick of seeing the non-sexy portraits of others

Eddyboy

Content Creator
The Knights of the Frozen throne have arrived... for now.
Download of version 3.2 is available in the first post. I'm saying "for now", mainly because the 3 pieces of art that are perhaps the most important are not yet the quality I want them to be: Frost Lich Jaina, Valeera the hollow and of course, Gnomeferatu. But it's been a week, and quantity-wise all the cards are done (This update adds over 50 cards).
I'm very sure that some great fan art is coming up by actual talented artists and not amateur image manipulators like me in the next few weeks. I'll update 3.2 as soon as that is the case.

Jash

Potential Patron
Youre welcome, but I'm not going to add any, unless there's a way to modify voices as well.
I concur. It would be really dumb playing as Garrosh and having your character represented by a slutty, sexy, naked orc, only to hear that deep, snarly, gravelly voice coming from it with each emote.

Machara

Potential Patron
Youre welcome, but I'm not going to add any, unless there's a way to modify voices as well.
Yeah I was kind of hoping just to figure out how to modify it for my personal use, I usually don't play with sound so it's not a bother for me

Machara

Potential Patron
Is umod broke for anyone else, or just me?
If the game is crashing you probably didn't use "-force-d3d9" or I have a problem where I open umod and it doesn't do anything, but just deleting the files and extracting the umod zip again fixes it, all you have to do is enable "Global Hook" again

Vernyspar

Potential Patron
I saw you said no "gender benders" but any chance of getting a tutorial on how to replace them myself if I wanted to do that on the paladin recruits (since I tend to see a lot of them out there)?

Of course, with sound overrides that would make it a lot more tempting, I understand ;)

Eddyboy

Content Creator
I saw you said no "gender benders" but any chance of getting a tutorial on how to replace them myself if I wanted to do that on the paladin recruits (since I tend to see a lot of them out there)?
It's all done via uMod. I'm not gonna google how to use it for you.

I want to use this mod, but i'm scared of my acc to get banned, so is this legal? Will blizzard ban me cause i'm using this?
It doesn't change anything in the game files at all. Even if it was detectable, I see is no reason why Blizzard would ban anyone for using uMod and not a single case I know of where Blizzard did - In over 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.