Having trouble loading positions (First post not sure if this belongs here) (1 Viewer)

Teemo

Potential Patron
I put animtools into mods, put positions into the settings but then it says run the modsfile.exe folder in roots? I have no idea where "roots" is nor do i know where the modsfolder.exe is. What do i do?

stuntcock

Content Creator
I put animtools into mods, put positions into the settings but then it says run the modsfile.exe folder in roots? I have no idea where "roots" is nor do i know where the modsfolder.exe is. What do i do?
I have no idea what's going on, because the words "roots" and "modsfolder" don't appear anywhere in the source code. There is a "Mods Folder.exe" file but it's deprecated and isn't included in the current packs.

You may have downloaded an old version of animtools or an experimental build.

Since you've encountered trouble while attempting to install animtools as a standalone mod, I'd advise you to grab the sby Loader Pack instead. Extract it to a new folder and run it; you should find that animtools works correctly. You can then migrate any custom content (e.g. backgrounds, hairstyles, and dialogues) from your old SDT folder into the new folder, and finally delete your old folder to avoid subsequent confusion.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
definitely sounds like my kind of typing.

it is common to refer to the top-level directory of a program's folder as it's "root". lots of people simply refer to this as the loader folder.
the ModsFolder.exe has been replaced with a java based ModsFolder.jar. i actually find this inconvenient so i still use the executable version.

the program just updates the characterfolders.txt text file in the 'Mods' folder. you can update this manually by putting in the folder name like this
animtoolsV15:animtoolsV15

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.