[Guild Wars 2] A possible new way to mod Guild Wars 2 that is quite promising. (1 Viewer)

ZelaXaleRo

Potential Patron
I hate to put the nail in the coffin on this one... Happened to come across someone who had been working on this in-game on a disposable account. They had it working, until they changed areas, IE load to different area/zone change where they were promptly disconnected and then could not log back in. Said accounts were closed and after several attempts their connecting IP was flagged and had a softban from that IP.

TL: DR of the conversation with them is A.Net is very agaisnt modding in a more hardliner response and keeps an eye on such things far more actively on anything that could potentially infringe gem sales.

Granted free to try and they didn't denote their methods for discussion over a private convo in-game, just be wary of the very high risk involved and not to test on anything other than a throw away account with an unrelated info to any of your other accounts. Said convo took place when I jumped in during the Halloween event, from a regular player that gave up around 3-4 months prior.

I do appreciate all who tried, seems a lost cause, shame given this has been a beautiful game with a large amount of cosmetic freedom on aesthetic as a whole, compared to other games.

Silvist

Potential Patron
ZelaXaleRo ZelaXaleRo Were they using something like Special-K as a hook? If not I could give it a go to see if it lets me do simple file replacement.

When I was looking into a texmod style replacer, Special-K was the one I came across. It seems to have been gaining support over the last year or so in games, so who know :D

Oh and one huge advantage of Special-K is it works for dx10&dx11, so you don't have to fumble around with dx9 anymore.

Silvist

Potential Patron
And an update, looks like I got it to work at least software wise, let me see if i can mess with a body texture.

1614641912262.png

Update: Yup I'm able to see textures in game, woo. Now to find the juicy stuff:

1614642129046.png

1614642733971.png

Silvist

Potential Patron
Sadly I'm still a novice at using Special-K so I'm trying to remember how to reinject textures lol. I actually stumbled across this program when trying to mod Kingdoms of Amalur Re-reckoning.

JuicyNuggins

2D Artist
Illustrator
Modder
I've been attempting to use modelmod for a while, and all the textures I use seem to have flipped/weird normals. I've tried using 'reverse normal components' and also tried it without. I'm at a loss.

I miss when uMod worked and all this was simpler, I just want my titty mods :frown:

1647559070120.png

ibigfire

Potential Patron
With the game hitting Steam this week maybe this'll gain some interest on this, which would be great. Love being able to go nude in games if possible, definitely hate having to have clothes on *all* the time like most games force it.

shnoobins

Vivacious Visitor
I miss when uMod worked and all this was simpler, I just want my titty mods :frown:

Agreed. I haven't played in awhile, and fired up to try the new expansion. Can't seem to get anything to work now that it's DX11. ModelMod seems to be an abandon project now. SpecialK looked promising, but I can't get it to inject modified textures. Hm...

gmvixen

Potential Patron
Did anyone ever sort this out for 64bit / DX11?

Recently started playing the game again and there are some outfits that I would like to edit. Typically, just to remove some side cloth around the hips or the stupid ugly "tails" on almost every outfit. Not concerned with getting fully nude. Just remove some excess fabric. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.