[Guild Wars 2] A possible new way to mod Guild Wars 2 that is quite promising. (1 Viewer)

rspkers

Vivacious Visitor
We tried it before and it had too many limitations. However, a reddit user created a program that allows you to edit the 3D model directly. This allows you to add and remove amrour parts and skins. In addition, it's possible to create custom armour using base armour models as well. I'm not skilled enough to work with it, but perhaps someone who is will find this to be really useful. I'm not certain of the scope of his program, but it looks promising regardless.
Here's the thread.
Another thing to note: Guild Wars 2 is completely free to play now, so there's no barriers.
[Release] ModelMod: modify art in games • /r/Guildwars2

1 d6uWjyQLSdKtGaI5TlXovg.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

Daedalus

Content Creator
Agreed. Fashion's a real letdown ingame, so a mod might spice things up. Hell, maybe someone'll come up with bikini armor or even a nude mod.

Vergil

Content Creator
Can't get the tool to work since GW2 uses a 64 bit client. I've tried to make it use 32 with a command but that didn't worked out. Did anyone else had more luck?

ZelaXaleRo

Potential Patron
Can't get the tool to work since GW2 uses a 64 bit client. I've tried to make it use 32 with a command but that didn't worked out. Did anyone else had more luck?

I just picked up GW2 again after years away, when I went to download the client, the 64 bit was the default, but there were 32-bit options too, further down the page. I'm not familiar with these things, bu it seems like a 32-bit version would need to be downloaded and used to even attempt this and would likly only apply to the 32-bit version. Anyways...

T

Tables

dang ive been looking forwards to a gw2 nude mod for a long time. maybe one day we will have one ;-;

ZelaXaleRo

Potential Patron
Ah well..sorry if i got anyone's hopes up reviving this thread a bit... Though, keeping a tight lock on their game ensures people don't mod around for the paid outfits and the like...That said GW2 is more about showing off than for self-satisfaction like other games.

I do appreciate a follow-up from the Legendary Vergil, honored.

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
No problem. It was definitely worth a try! I hope this tool I've used will be updated to support 64bit games.

blush :)
Bit of a necro, but i was curious if you had any luck with this? I took a peek at the guys subreddit and it looks like it updated it to work if you use the -32 command thing but otherwise no real x64 support.

Daedalus

Content Creator
Ah shame, would have been nice to see nude mods for GW2, especially with the new expansion coming out this month.
Yeah, me too.
Now, suppose someone can make this work on 64bit and we all start to mod our GW2 game, won't ANet detect it?

flanneldude

Potential Patron
So ModelMod does work for me with the -32 bit option. Confusingly, I had to target the gw2.exe launcher, (not Gw2-64.exe). I also had to start as Administrator. I'm using version ModelMod-1.0.0.13, with the latest patched GW2 client, and was able to follow his tutorial with it. I've confirmed I'm able to remove parts of the meshes and edit textures, but being able to repair the holes in the base layers of the meshes is currently beyond me. Still it seems quite promising if you have the tool expertise and can get the hooks to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.