Fuzzy 'Mule' Slippers (1 Viewer)

Tombstone

Content Creator
I would like someone to make Fuzzy 'Mule' Slippers.

MuleSlippers02.png

MuleSlippers01.png

I would like them to be Type: Footwear (obviously), and if possible, the Primary RGB slider should control the Vamp and the Sole (the suede-like parts), and the Secondary RGB slider should control the insole and upper (the "fuzzy" parts).

If it would help out in any way, I can attempt to crop the reference shots, and save them as 0% background opacity PNG files (I'm actually pretty handy with that sort of thing), please let me know and I'll give it a go.

The Tale of the Elusive Furry_Slippers:
A short while ago, I came across these in a screenshot for a Static Hair mod posted by deadreaver. Actual fuzzy bath slippers! These would be perfect for a character concept rattling about in what passes for my brain! After a grueling and relentless search without success, I finally consulted the Oracles of the SDT Forums. As luck would have it, a fine fellow by the name of sdtnoob had seen my mystery mod, and even knew where to find it!

It had been created by moralmeus many, many years ago (possibly even before MoreClothing was a rough concept in the ever-creative mind of sby), and the hyperlinks were even still valid! With giddy anticipation, I loaded the mod. And... they didn't look anything like deadreaver's screenshot. As you can see below, the mod has a really low resolution and no RGB support, but I thought with MoreClothing's "+reghue" function, it could still be somewhat useful. So I added the operator to the settings file, and started moving sliders back and forth until I arrived at something close to what I wanted. Unfortunately, the color values changed this way will not persist after a re-load from a CharacterCode file, and I'm not entirely sure, but I think this old shoe mod might actually be breaking the game somehow.

In the end, it was not quite the Holy Grail of bath slippers I had hoped for. But then a light bulb suddenly appeared above my head; Hey, I thought... People make new shoe mods all the time! In fact, the undisputed Master of Heels, Rod himself, had only recently made for me some of the coolest shoes ever, based on the work of real-life designer Julian Hakes. Mere fuzzy 'Mule' slippers should be a walk in the park (or to and from the bathroom, if you like) by comparison, right? Well, here's hoping this isn't the end of this tale, and someone will give it a happy ending (no, not that kind of happy ending, you perverts)...

fs_ss01.png

Just in case it might me of assistance to anyone, moralmeus' original "Furry Slippers" shoe mod can be found here, within an archive named "flats.zip".

Tombstone

Content Creator
Okay, I couldn't resist...

I cropped, masked, layered, transparencied, rotated, resized, and so forth and so on, until I ended up with this:

MuleSlippersTemplate.PSD <-Can't sort out how to "attach" a file to a message, so here's a link to it instead. Hope that's okay.

...and this (below) is NOT what that file looks like, just a flattened example of what you'll be able to do with it:

MuleSlippersPSD_SS.png

Tombstone

Content Creator
though there is probably a better way to make this RGB adjustable.. fla is in the download
They look fantastic, thank you.

The thing about the color sliders is... I don't really understand how it works. I guess you have to start out with a neutral color, so when you use the sliders or the color picker, WYSIWYG? I've messed around with static hairs, but those use a HSL slider for adjustment, rather than an RGB slider, which is a completely different thing. My main focus was getting the two main parts separated into different raster layers. I guess I shouldn't have kept the light brown from the reference shot as the baseline color. I think the baseline needs to be black, maybe? Or at least as dark a grey as you can get without sacrificing detail?

I can change the colors (tell me, if you can, what the ideal colors should be) in the Vamp layers of the .PSD file and re-link it if you want to try for a v1.1, but that's the extent of my capabilities. I'm not a programmer. You want Taylor Swift's head photoshopped on to Jenna Jameson's body? That, I can do. You want to change the baseline colors in that FLA file there? I wouldn't have a clue...

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
I can change the colors (tell me, if you can, what the ideal colors should be)

Its grey

Or at least as dark a grey as you can get without sacrificing detail?

exactly

I've updated the resource, check it out now

This tutorial was very helpful, I didn't exactly remember how to do this

I'm not a programmer.

Zero programing was done for these

Check out this tutorial

I wouldn't have a clue...

just takes practice :D

Tombstone

Content Creator

It looks mah-velous!

Zero programing was done for these

Check out this tutorial

Mhmm. Even if you say that, I read a few tutorials (that one on vector graphics editing made my eyeballs ache). I even watched that video you linked. I kid you not, I think it may have caused an actual aneurysm to form in my frontal lobe. :wat:

just takes practice :D

I've heard the same is true about juggling chainsaws, however...

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.