1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front handcuff?

Discussion in 'Filled Requests' started by Soulblast, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Soulblast

Soulblast Potential Patron

Hello everyone, i was wondering if someone could make a handcuff or some sort of arm binder the binds her arms in front of her? If thats even possible.

2. jarhead70

jarhead70 Potential Patron

I've been thinking along the similar line. I tested making a position file using Modder and the official cuff can make the illusion of front-cuff, but how to disable the protest and faint arm/hands animation?

I also thinking of straight jackets but it might be too much, as the forearms have to be changed/hidden somehow.

3. TOlive

TOlive Avid Affiliate

I was intrigued by this concept, so I whipped up this mini-binder thing and slapped it into a .fla with a few position mods that I made for this experiment.

[attachimg=1]

Yeah, it's sloppy, I spent like, 15 minutes on it...I didn't even remove the guide lines. I'm thinking positions 1, 3 and 3.5 (3 and 3.5 are the same positions, just different action shots) would be pretty close to what you're looking for.

I tried doing an arms in front armbinder mod, at it turned out...eh, it was okay for my second mod but I want to go back and clean it so bad.

Attached Files:

4. jarhead70

jarhead70 Potential Patron

I concur, though for pos 3/3.5 IMHO the wrist should be closer to the thighs. In real live, holding that arm position for extended period of time puts much strain to the upper arms, hence we usually rest our arms on the thighs.

For position 1, maybe these images could help you further (images are from 3d artist Davorama)

Attached Files:

5. Soulblast

For 15 minutes those look pretty good, and i agree with jarhead that her arms should be lower but other than that good work.

6. TOlive

TOlive Avid Affiliate

Got a few more projects ahead of it, but I should be able to get on it again soon enough.

7. Soulblast

Go ahead and take your time, and thanks for just taking interest in it.

8. Faceless

Faceless Club Regular Content Creator

For position 1, it'd be better to redraw the arm entirely and attach it to the arms:back position, since the point of such restraints is to minimize arm movement. No need for position.txt.

9. TOlive

TOlive Avid Affiliate

I agree. Is there a way to mask out the left hand?

10. ModGuy

ModGuy Club Regular Content Creator

Code:
    x.visible=false;
    Where x is whatever object the hand is.
    Can probably find it in the template.

11. Faceless

Faceless Club Regular Content Creator

I believe that it's part of her.leftArmContainer, so I'd just make the whole thing invisible entirely. Use a frame listener to lock the arms behind her back, and possibly reset the invisibility every frame as well. Just don't forget to remove all that when unloading the mod.