Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities (1 Viewer)

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Forgotten Memories is a third person survival horror game that is in the works for the Ipad and some handheld consoles. You play a female detective who is investigating an abandoned hospital filled with strange creatures and apparitions.

In some very early alpha gameplay footage the main character is attacked by a large ghost creature that manages to grab her. What it does afterwards is unknown since, I assume, the player broke the grab. Also during the encounter it appears that the main character almost unwilling shoots herself in the head, which might either be tied to the enemy (whether it be an attack or its general presence) or some other unknown determinant.

When the developer was asked whether the deaths would be scripted or procedural he answered that there would be both. So hopefully we get some interesting death animations after some grabs. As for the release date, it's currently unknown. The developer hasn't really committed to any sort of specific date. His latest estimate was "November of this year" but now it's more of a "it'll be out when it's done". Still, he says it should be out soon.

Very early gameplay video. Encounter with the large ghost creature occurs around 4:25

Recent gameplay trailer featuring some more enemy types.
[video=youtube_share;51OUkPKSKHM]http://youtu.be/51OUkPKSKHM[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Fortunately , there will be a steam release for this one so thats great to record some ryona videos for an at least upscaled version of the portable version

The problem is that they will release a free 1 hour episode on Appstore and then begin a kickstarter campaign in order to complete the full game so completing the full game isn't a sure thing , hopefully those grabs may be in this free 1 hour episode

- - - Updated - - -

And I have a question :) : What is the difference between scripted animation and procedural animation ? which one is better for ryona ?

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster
Fortunately , there will be a steam release for this one so thats great to record some ryona videos for an at least upscaled version of the portable version

The problem is that they will release a free 1 hour episode on Appstore and then begin a kickstarter campaign in order to complete the full game so completing the full game isn't a sure thing , hopefully those grabs may be in this free 1 hour episode

- - - Updated - - -

And I have a question :) : What is the difference between scripted animation and procedural animation ? which one is better for ryona ?

Based off his wording scripted implies that deaths have dedicated animations (i.e. a grab move leads to the character getting her head bitten off). Procedural likely means ragdoll, so if you get hit by a regular attack the character crumples into a random heap.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Yeah, specific animations for each different enemy type is one of the things that I loved the Resident Evil series for. A lot of games now have a combination of scripted animations that lead into ragdoll once the death animation plays out. Examples would be things like Assassins Creed (both SP and MP), Skyrim finishing blows, The Last of US, etc.

Hopefully these devs work on their ragdoll physics for next gen. The base ragdolls of Skyrim (they can be modded) were terribly rigid. You could tell when the ragdoll kicked in because the limbs wouldn't rotate properly and the body would appear stupidly stiff. Assassins Creed suffered from the same thing, though it is getting better with each release. The Last of Us multiplayer probably has the smoothest ragdoll that I have seen, so kudos for that.

So, obviously we can't expect too much from a low budget title, but some cool scripted animations from each different enemy type, ala Resident Evil, would be great. Whether or not the body then goes into ragdoll is not really too big a deal to me (doubt it will happen for this game, though).

Speaking of this type of game, I am crossing my fingers that next year's "The Evil Within" has a mode or unlockable that lets you play as the female detective character, because I think that game is going to have some crazy kill animations. Currently, the game stars a male detective, but he has two partners, one of which is female. Hopefully there will be a way to play as her.

Anyways, I guess we will see how this game turns out. Didn't even know it existed until your thread, so thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.