Dynamic Hair and layer depths (1 Viewer)

Churchill

Potential Patron
I am attempting a dynamic hair mod. The clip's behavior and depth are controlled by the targetElement variable, which is defined as follows:

Code:
var targetElement:String = ModElements.DYNAMIC_HAIR_OVER;

This setting is described to be above the head, ear, and body but apparently the hair is so long that it is clipping through the forearm/elbow region.

Is there any trick to force the dynamic hair to the top-most layer?

Churchill

Potential Patron
Looks like I posted in the wrong section, apologies. My focus is definitely with Loader, perhaps there is a way there? The Nami vanilla hair type is quite long, however, the length of it is no doubt under all the body.

There was a function to swap depths as I recall, though I have not mucked about in Flash since MX was hot on the market... what I knew was AS2 not AS3. The whole concept is likely more trouble than it is worth, just curious if there were solutions from those who might have hit the same roadblock.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Rather than swap layers around its probably more useful to add another layer in the extended template.
Ask sby.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
so i got a new dynamic hair element added to my local copy of the extended template.

right now got it as the last child of frontLayer. this puts it above her arms, but strands do not get placed on that hair portion.
however, it seems strands were not placed on it before anyway, so oh well; appears to work.

next time i upload stuff i will upload the new template

edit - the only change to the template is this:
public static const DYNAMIC_HAIR_OVER_EXTENDED:String = "dynamicHairOverExtended";

with a bit of documentation in the template:
* Target layer. Options are:
* Elements.DYNAMIC_HAIR_OVER_EXTENDED (Above even more things ) //sby change here
* Elements.DYNAMIC_HAIR_OVER (Above all.)
* Elements.DYNAMIC_HAIR_BETWEEN (Under ear, above body)

the real changes are in the templateextension that comes with the loader, which i will get around to sending to modguy at some point

edit - old pic removed

sby

Content Creator
Coder
new template has been uploaded, and modguy uploaded loader 5.41 with the new template extension. so hopefully this stuff works and is available now

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.