How to arrange layers in your hair mod (1 Viewer)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello.

This reminder is aimed at SWF hair modders to help them manage hair layers.

The layers are arranged like this, from top to bottom:
  • HAIR_COSTUME_OVER
  • HEADWEAR (front)
  • DYNAMIC_HAIR_OVER
  • HAIR_TOP
  • HAIR_COSTUME_UNDEROVER
  • CUM
  • EAR & RIGHT ARM
  • DYNAMIC_HAIR_BETWEEN
  • EYEWEAR
  • BODY (including right leg, right buttock, right breast)
  • HAIR_COSTUME_UNDER
  • HAIR_UNDER
  • DYNAMIC_HAIR_UNDER
  • HAIR_BOTTOM
  • COLLAR
  • GAG_FRONT
  • HEAD & NECK
  • GAG_BACK
  • HAIR_COSTUME_BACK
  • HEADWEAR (back)
  • DYNAMIC_HAIR_BACK
  • HAIR_BACK
Notes:
  • Dynamic hair and (static) hair layers can be HSL shifted (ie. their tint can be modified with the "Her Hair" sliders in the Custom tab), while hair costume layers don't.
  • (Static) hair and hair costume layers will be stationary relatively to the girl's head, but dynamic hair layers won't, because even if the Damping and Top Damping multipliers are set to zero, they will be kept horizontal relatively to the registration point of their symbol and are not influenced by the movements of the girl's head. The only way to have symbols in dynamic hair layers almost not swaying is to keep them as small as possible, with their registration point set in their centre.
  • If you want to have multiple layers using the same target layer (eg. having two layers using HAIR_COSTUME_OVER), the first one registered in the Settings of the Action tab will be the one that appears below the others.
  • Cum will stick to the head of the girl (ie. not on the hair) and will be hidden by things drawn on the HAIR_COSTUME_UNDEROVER layer and layers above it. Thus, it is better to keep most of the hair drawn on lower layers to have a better looking "money shot".

Last edited:

Faceless

Content Creator
Might be good to note the body layers as well, in case people want to make long hairs. Only one I know for certain off the top of my head is the right forearm, though, which is above all the hair layers.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Might be good to note the body layers as well, in case people want to make long hairs. Only one I know for certain off the top of my head is the right forearm, though, which is above all the hair layers.
I could make tests about it, but a known issue is the strands on DYNAMIC_HAIR_OVER and DYNAMIC_HAIR_BETWEEN go over the right upper arm and below the right forearm, as if they were cutting the right arm at its elbow.
There is no way to fix this but maybe using one of sby's mods designed for that or maybe a built in
feature of the Loader (I still know nearly nothing about the Loader and its mods, as I use it only to take screenshots!).

This right forearm thingy is not solvable for Vanilla, because this layer has to be over the male layers, if not, handjob wouldn't be possible.

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I found a post from 2011 made by F funfriend with all (?) the layers:
HAIR_COSTUME_OVER
DYNAMIC_HAIR_OVER
HAIR_TOP
HAIR_COSTUME_UNDEROVER
[ear and right arm]
DYNAMIC_HAIR_BETWEEN
EYEWEAR
[body including right leg, buttock, breast]
HAIR_COSTUME_UNDER
HAIR_UNDER
DYNAMIC_HAIR_UNDER
HAIR_BOTTOM
COLLAR
GAG_FRONT
[neck & head, except for ear]
GAG_BACK
[penis, outlines of left body parts: arm, leg, buttock, breast]
HAIR_COSTUME_BACK
DYNAMIC_HAIR_BACK
HAIR_BACK
[his arm]
BACKGROUND
I didn't made tests to know if it is 100% accurate.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Added the position of the HEADWEAR templates: its front and back layers are actually placed just under the HAIR_COSTUME_OVER and the HAIR_COSTUME_BACK templates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.