Dialogue Display Speed (1 Viewer)

Nunya

Vivacious Visitor
Hey all! I have a really simple question that surely someone (other than me obviously) knows the answer to. Is there a setting somewhere that lets you control how rapidly the letters scroll in the dialogue box? It seems I saw it somewhere before on the "old" site, but I have searched here, and don't seem to find anything.

Can anyone help? THANKS.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Is there a setting somewhere that lets you control how rapidly the letters scroll in the dialogue box?
No. As far as I can tell, there is no code within the game which would adjust the typingSpeed variable (aside from Audio Dialogue stuff, wherein the typing speed is linked to the duration of your MP3 files).

It seems I saw it somewhere before on the "old" site, but I have searched here, and don't seem to find anything.
I couldn't find anything like that. Authors have often injected Cyrillic characters into their text files in order to setup interstitial pauses. "Textless" triggers can be executed instantly. But I didn't see anything related to overall faster/slower presentation of text blocks.

Try this out and let me know if it works.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
It seems I saw it somewhere before on the "old" site
Hello Nunya.
I didn't touched dialogues for a long time now, but I remember using the character Б to slow down a little the text.
This character isn't displayed by the game and the more you put, the more the text display "pauses".
pre_cum:"I...ББ I want it in my throat!"

Nunya

Vivacious Visitor
Thanks Stunt and Syntax. I was aware of the cyrillic characters and have been using that rather liberally. My hopes were that if there a setting, it would "clean up" the .txt file considerably and make it much easier to read and edit. Up until now, I've pretty much been a "user" of dialogues, but just recently ventured (albeit using others dialogues as a template) in to creating a few of my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.