Creating Dialogues (1 Viewer)

DekoWolf

Potential Patron
Hi everyone!!

So I've been enjoying this game every since 1.2, and I get excited every time there's something new added to it, and now I went nuts with the dialogue, really great! But I can't seam to get MY dialogues to work...

Even when I write the comand to "CLEAR" all the default lines, some times it still loads the default, or nothing at all.
I can't seam to understand how can I writte muplitle lines for the same type, do I write something like...
type: "blah, blah, blah" "blah! blah! blah"
or...
type: "blah, blah, blah"
type: "blah! blah! blah!"

Thanks for your time, untill then, I'll just keep enjoying the default...

DekoWolf

Potential Patron
Aah, the big anonymous men comes to the rescue once again!

Here it is...
[attachthumb=1]

Once again, thanks for wasting your time with an idiot like me! :D ;D

Attachments

Dialogue.txt
826 bytes · Views: 332

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
Ok, your problem seemed to be... you had typed intro: "alsjdflaksjfd" instead of intro:"asdfasdF"

I changed the space to no space and it started working... plus I added in the clears at the bottom.

Attachments

Dialogue.txt
1.1 KB · Views: 280

DekoWolf

Potential Patron
riiiight...damn I feel stupid! ::)
Seams to be working now, I guess I just need to write more line for the same mode in order to make her say something more often.

Something so simple, and yet my tinny brain failed to see that...that's why you're THE man!
I'll proceed with adding more lines and try all the types and see if I got it right this time.

S

Some Dumb Guy

To make it even easier for you I added a template for the dialogue, just add your lines between the quotation marks and copy-paste the commands for more lines if needed.[attachurl=1]

Attachments

Dialogue_template.txt
723 bytes · Views: 365

S

Some Dumb Guy

Sorry to bother you guys again but I made a "debug" dialogue text to study the timing, placement and conditions of lines within a dialogue.

It could make it easier to create a dialogue setup that makes sense with what you had in mind. I hope it's useful.

[EDIT] I discovered a slip-up in the finish & restart lines (silly me), updated the textfile. [attachurl=2]

Attachments

Dialogue_debug.zip
745 bytes · Views: 191

Dialogue_debug.txt
3.3 KB · Views: 189

Lictre

Potential Patron
Anonymous said:
Fairly certain someone commented on this, it seems currently the "vigorous" lines don't work.

I just wanted to be sure that I was being sufficiently rigorous in my testing. I didn't want to be creating some form of alarm, when by configuring correctly, I could have been enjoying the fruits of my scripting.

I've tried running SDT in Firefox and the standalone, using both versions in the anonymous archive, exporting the dialogue script after importing it to see if it's being seen properly (it doesn't appear that way), both listed spellings of vigorous (or vigourous, just to be sure).

I've downloaded and used a dialog test file, and the specific lines never showed.

Used manual and automatic modes in self, soft and hard settings...

Oh, and the feature for setting her name in the dialogues doesn't seem to be working, either.

Thanks for the response

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.