costumes not working in loader (1 Viewer)

Jacob-Gates

Potential Patron
Hey everyone, I am trying to make some .swf costume files to load in the loader but for some reason almost all of the pant pieces (skirt, pants, etc.) do not appear in the right places. Some just don't appear at all. For example: I downloaded a swimsuit.swf file and the chest and back look right but the belly and the the bottom of the suit just aren't there. what can I do to fix this? Do I have the wrong loader? Thanks in advance.

Jacob

Synonymous

Content Creator
Jacob-Gates said:
okay, not sure how that helps.
The mods you're using are old and aren't compatible with the loader anymore.

He wants you to upload them here so he can fix it.

Jacob-Gates

Potential Patron
Synonymous said:
Jacob-Gates said:
okay, not sure how that helps.
The mods you're using are old and aren't compatible with the loader anymore.

He wants you to upload them here so he can fix it.
OOOOOH thank you! noobie needs a translation. here are the ones I know that don't work.

Attachments

cortana_body_Transp.swf
27.2 KB · Views: 2,160

Eva 02 plugsuit.swf
22.9 KB · Views: 2,109

Hikari (Dawn) costume.swf
21.7 KB · Views: 2,166

Leotard1_armfix_nocc.swf
19.2 KB · Views: 2,063

Swimsuit.swf
14 KB · Views: 2,116

ModGuy

Content Creator
Note, mods will only benefit from automatic thigh patching when loaded through a folder, not sure why but there you go.
Dawn's clothes, leotard and swimsuit all load fine through a folder.
Plugsuit requires offsets in Settings.txt:

Code:
thighX=154
thighY=104

Which was already in there, but commented out.

The Cortana mod is broken, it fails to load due to outdated code within the mod.
Normal fixes don't apply here, I'm not sure which line is causing the error and really can't be bothered finding out.

For now, load things via the loader's mod menu tab thingy and I'll look in to implementing thigh patches with menu loaded mods. (Although they really should already work which is weird.)

Shade

Content Creator
ModGuy said:
The Cortana mod is broken, it fails to load due to outdated code within the mod.
Normal fixes don't apply here, I'm not sure which line is causing the error and really can't be bothered finding out.

Jacob-Gates, if you really want the Cortana mod, find me the original thread it came off so I can contact the Modder (If they're around) for the original FLA or at least permissions to decompile/rebuild it with Faceless' new template.

It probably would be easier to find the broken code, but honestly, my version of lazy involves copy pasting, not reading and thinking.

ModGuy

Content Creator
So when a mod finishes loading some functions get called.
Some involve the path to the mod, some don't.
The ones that don't are now called when loading through the menu, so this allows patching to occur.

It works, perhaps too well. Waiting for shit to break.
Expect in next release.

Jacob-Gates

Potential Patron
Alright, I will try it out. Thank you!
and as for the cortana mod I have no idea where I got it. I recently lost a lot of files but kept a few so the cortana one could be from a while back. but I'll get over it. thank you again.

TDream

Potential Patron
Shade said:
ModGuy said:

Jacob-Gates, if you really want the Cortana mod, find me the original thread it came off so I can contact the Modder (If they're around) for the original FLA or at least permissions to decompile/rebuild it with Faceless' new template.

It probably would be easier to find the broken code, but honestly, my version of lazy involves copy pasting, not reading and thinking.

Calla made it: http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=1665.0

But it has some other issues as well.. I could quote the things Calla said to me he wanted to fix if you really are interested in fixing this mod Shade.

Shade

Content Creator
TDream said:
Calla made it: http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=1665.0

But it has some other issues as well.. I could quote the things Calla said to me he wanted to fix if you really are interested in fixing this mod Shade.

I'll have a look at it, thanks. Poking other peoples mods is my never ending side project whilst I wait for a request I like the looks of.

Jacob-Gates

Potential Patron
if you think about it, let me know when/if you get a working cortana. What do you guys use to edit these (or how i guess could be a better way of putting it)? I would like to get into working on these.

Shade

Content Creator
I use Sothink SWF Decompiler to extract all the parts of the Mod, then copy them over into a Flash CS5 Template provided by Kona. Though I use Flash Professional CS6 currently. Been playing with Cortana, and hit some issues. Here's a list in no particular order:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Any version of SDT past 1.17.2b apparently no longer has hue shift for the back of the body template, as you can see from screenshot two.
[*]I tried to be smart and allow any colour for the mod, and it blew up in my face (see above).
[*]The colour of the body mod doesn't match the colour of the skin on her neck and face.
[*]The sparkles on her breasts can't be seen.
[*]The sparkles in general.
[*]The hair import.
[*]Her upper arms are too wide.
[*]Her forearms cover the markings on her hands.
[*]The marking under her right breast.
[*]STD in general just isn't sitting well with me tonight.
[*]Likely more to come.
[/list]

TDream

Potential Patron
You could remove the sparkles completely.

Check out the refs: http://sortadone.blogspot.de/2012/11/halo-4-cortana.html

Shade

Content Creator
TDream said:
You could remove the sparkles completely.

Check out the refs: http://sortadone.blogspot.de/2012/11/halo-4-cortana.html

I actually like how the sparkles look, they're just fiddly to place/edit. Calla didn't have the sparkles on every body part, and my OCD demands that if one body part has something, the rest must too. That same OCD made me recolour basically 95% of the mod so the same two colours were used constantly through her body, and now I think I'm going to change them again.

Update: Did a major overhaul of the mods colours, now based them off the Dark Skin tone (Since I think the Dark skin tone looks better for blues/reds/greens), it all matches more. Though I'm still stuck with the mod only working in STD 1.17.2b. Thoughts? I may redo the hair, hell, I might even try make it SWF...

Update Update: So, redid the hair, and all the sparkles, and her left leg, and both arms, and something else I'm not sharing, you'll find out when the mod is released. Maybe I went overkill on the sparkles? I decided to learn how to use masks, so, now I have one generic sparkle pattern placed as many times as needed, and then masked off so it doesn't show outside of her body parts. I like it, but, I can easily tone them down/remove them. I could also make her transparent, but as I can't make her face and neck transparent, I'm hesitant to do that.

Attachments

• screenshot0001.png
    screenshot0001.png
    190.5 KB · Views: 176

TDream

Potential Patron
Her hair resembles the one from Halo 2.. If you want her to look like in Halo 4 you would need to change her hair and maybe a little the color of her skin:

http://imgur.com/1O0ko

http://sortadone.blogspot.de/2012/11/halo-4-cortana.html

1. You should add her hair bang on the other side of her face as well.

2. The sparkles.. I don't like them because in no one of the games she had sparkles on her.

3. You don't need to make her transparent because she isn't transparent in the games.

4. I'm pretty sure Calla's version had bigger boobs ;D

Shade

Content Creator
TDream said:
Her hair resembles the one from Halo 2.. If you want her to look like in Halo 4 you would need to change her hair and maybe a little the color of her skin

Yeah I just remade the hair that was in the Archive. Since I've mostly traced/redesigned Calla's mod I was really going for the Halo 2 look, though her skin color can be adjusted though the hue shift so that's not an issue. Her hair can also be removed and replaced with whatever you feel like. The markings could just as easily be hue shifted to a red color to act as a Twi'lek skin.

TDream said:
1. You should add her hair bang on the other side of her face as well.

Totally forgot about that, fixed now. Screenshot to come later.

TDream said:
2. The sparkles.. I don't like them because in no one of the games she had sparkles on her.

Hrm. The shot's I ended up looking at had her kind of sparkly. I've been thinking about having it so you can toggle it on and off. Somehow...

09_halo_legends_blu-ray.jpg

The_Sad_Look_Of_An_AI_by_Snohawk.jpg

wallpaper-background-cortana-jester-halo-23895.jpg

TDream said:
3. You don't need to make her transparent because she isn't transparent in the games.

I think she was in the original Halo. But hey, I'm happy I don't have to bother with that.

TDream said:
4. I'm pretty sure Calla's version had bigger boobs ;D

Yeah... Calla had drawn his own off the template boobs for it, which I wasn't a big fan of. So I redid the markings to fit the standard SDT template and breast style. Since I'm not sure when this mod will be released, I may actually try my hand at making her breasts scalable, so you can pick the size yourself.

Faceless

Content Creator
For whatever it's worth, you should be able to just lift the breasts wholesale from the latest loader template. Unlike kona's template, I've added shape hints to fix the corners so they resize properly.

Shade

Content Creator
Awesome! I'll look into that Faceless, thanks for the tip.

Alright, so this is almost done. Just doing some finishing touches and sorting out some code (Big thanks to everyone that's helped me with that) and it's good to release! I added a subtle gradient to her skin to give her some depth. You can see that in the screenshot attached. Her sparkles are toggled off, but they are there still for anyone that likes them.

Attachments

• screenshot0001.png
    screenshot0001.png
    171.6 KB · Views: 316

TDream

Potential Patron
Looks awesome^

But I have a question:

Check out the video ending SPOILERS careful: http://youtu.be/MlQeLoTUoZE?t=57m51s

The light runs through her body (see video) would that effect be possible in the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.