Costume Modding Trouble! (1 Viewer)

AstralHorizen

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
If anyone's still currently active, i could use some advice. I started to make custom mods on Adobe Animate CC, but i've been having a problem.

I used this Guide on the SDT Forums for creating a mod
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Located Here
- [Costume Modding Tutorial] [An Easy Visual Guide]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Followed all the requirements, and then fell off around Scripting(Slide-3) to Publishing. I typed in "registermod(.....)" into the Settings Action Consol. After I was done, I went to the folder that holds the SDTMod files, but my .swf was nowhere to be found.

It's been at some times where i re-download the SDTModding.zip and do everything all over again. If anyone could help me out, it would be really appreciated.

stuntcock

Content Creator
The simplest answer is "share your FLA file". We can open it up, explain what (if anything) is missing, add the missing stuff, and ensure that it publishes correctly ... before handing the file back to you and allowing you to resume your modding work.

If you have a particular project in mind (such as hairstyle, pants, shoes, etc) then we could probably provide you with a working FLA file from a similar project. It wouldn't be a replacement for the general-purpose template file, but it might allow you to get started more easily. Instead of tinkering with AS3 scripts and object references, you could simply scribble over the existing artwork (or copy-paste your sprites into the new file) and then immediately publish a mod and see it in-game.

I went to the folder that holds the SDTMod files, but my .swf was nowhere to be found.
I'm fairly certain that newly-published SWF files don't end up there. They should appear in the parent folder of SDTMods. But it might depend on your local configuration.

AstralHorizen

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
The simplest answer is "share your FLA file". We can open it up, explain what (if anything) is missing, add the missing stuff, and ensure that it publishes correctly ... before handing the file back to you and allowing you to resume your modding work.

If you have a particular project in mind (such as hairstyle, pants, shoes, etc) then we could probably provide you with a working FLA file from a similar project. It wouldn't be a replacement for the general-purpose template file, but it might allow you to get started more easily. Instead of tinkering with AS3 scripts and object references, you could simply scribble over the existing artwork (or copy-paste your sprites into the new file) and then immediately publish a mod and see it in-game.

I'm fairly certain that newly-published SWF files don't end up there. They should appear in the parent folder of SDTMods. But it might depend on your local configuration.

Okay, i'll hand you over the FLA File.
Thank you for the reply :)

Attachments

SDTMod.fla
264.9 KB · Views: 136

stuntcock

Content Creator
Okay, i'll hand you over the FLA File.
The only problem that I could find was that the function call was incorrectly capitalized: registermod instead of registerMod. AS3 uses strict capitalization, so it probably reported a compile-time error when you attempted to publish the file. If you're not seeing any compile-time error messages then please double-check your workspace settings -- you may have accidentally hidden or disabled them.

The "Publish Settings" were configured so that the SWF file would be created in the parent folder of the FLA file -- which is somewhat confusing and unexpected. I've cleared that setting, so the SWF should now appear alongside the FLA.

These two changes are very minor, so you might find it simpler to apply them to your local file instead of downloading my edited copy of your file. The revised FLA is here if you need it:

SDTMod astrals file (edited).fla
SDTMod astrals file (edited).swf

The actual contents of the file (sprite organization, symbol names, asset inclusion, etc) were all correct. The project looks good.

You may run into some difficulty with layering of the grey strap on the thigh: it will tend to slide underneath the yellow fabric on the hips (hence: the strap will partially disappear as the girl moves around). There are a few ways to overcome that problem, but my preferred solution (based on Loader physics) involves some complicated modding. It's not a what-you-see-is-what-you-get solution, and the result is that your project might animate more smoothly ... but you might no longer be able to edit it effectively or understand how the pieces fit together.

If you'd prefer to keep things simple (without venturing into any Loader programming) then please don't hesitate to proceed. It's your project, after all. If you already have a solution in-mind for the layering thing then you can ignore my ramblings entirely :)

Of course, if you're looking for advice or examples for RGB support, breast slider support, etc... then just let us know and we'll share whatever we can.

AstralHorizen

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
The only problem that I could find was that the function call was incorrectly capitalized: registermod instead of registerMod. AS3 uses strict capitalization, so it probably reported a compile-time error when you attempted to publish the file. If you're not seeing any compile-time error messages then please double-check your workspace settings -- you may have accidentally hidden or disabled them.

The "Publish Settings" were configured so that the SWF file would be created in the parent folder of the FLA file -- which is somewhat confusing and unexpected. I've cleared that setting, so the SWF should now appear alongside the FLA.

These two changes are very minor, so you might find it simpler to apply them to your local file instead of downloading my edited copy of your file. The revised FLA is here if you need it:

SDTMod astrals file (edited).fla
SDTMod astrals file (edited).swf

The actual contents of the file (sprite organization, symbol names, asset inclusion, etc) were all correct. The project looks good.

You may run into some difficulty with layering of the grey strap on the thigh: it will tend to slide underneath the yellow fabric on the hips (hence: the strap will partially disappear as the girl moves around). There are a few ways to overcome that problem, but my preferred solution (based on Loader physics) involves some complicated modding. It's not a what-you-see-is-what-you-get solution, and the result is that your project might animate more smoothly ... but you might no longer be able to edit it effectively or understand how the pieces fit together.

If you'd prefer to keep things simple (without venturing into any Loader programming) then please don't hesitate to proceed. It's your project, after all. If you already have a solution in-mind for the layering thing then you can ignore my ramblings entirely :)

Of course, if you're looking for advice or examples for RGB support, breast slider support, etc... then just let us know and we'll share whatever we can.

Wow you mean buisness, i wasn't expecting a solution so fast. In the future i'll make sure to add proper capitalization to the Action consol. Thank you so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.