Comic book Zako (3 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 687

Just a side note. (comic/live action subject)

Hannah Perez just released a sentry style clip on her website where the henchgirls (played by Hannah and Cali) are dressed like the Nurse henchgirls from the Arsenal comics (it's pretty good, as long as you like goofy ko scenes). I guess this was a fan custom. I'm not going to share the link because of rules about links to payed websites.

View attachment 86120
Was it released just recently or in the last 6 months? I think it's the one I got with finger guns at the end?

wj1905

Master of this Domain
They appear in the animated adaptation too, with some really hot death scenes when Reverse Flash kills a lot of them to save Lois Lane without her knowing.
Amazons_JLFPP.png Jl-flashpoint(2013)_0821.jpg Jl-flashpoint(2013)_1426.jpg Jl-flashpoint(2013)_1433.jpg Jl-flashpoint(2013)_1438.jpg Jl-flashpoint(2013)_1443.jpg Jl-flashpoint(2013)_2071.jpg Justice_League_Flashpoint_Paradox_26_-Wonder_Woman.png Persephone_JLFPP.png Persephone_JLFPP_01.png

Btw there are some in issue 1 too:
RCO017_1473219537.jpg RCO018_1473219537.jpg

Last edited:

wj1905

Master of this Domain
Geez that was brutal. That poor valley girl "assassin" was so out of her depth... there was no need to kill them so horribly.
Never heard of Jennifer Blood but she seems to be the girl Lobo would fall in love with, needless brutality and all that.
Also, henchgirls who make "meep" and "yeek" noises are too adorable to kill, really.

Btw, if all of those are Black Widow clones, why are they so shit at fighting that they just rush them without strategy?

wj1905

Master of this Domain
I read the rest of the issue, that just makes me feel sorry for them even more.
How in the world did these girls come "heavily recommended" by some of the top crime families? I mean, they are obviously utterly amateurish.
They have to say "Ninjettes" like, at the end of every sentence and speak with broken english like they were japanese (when they obviously aren't). :D That said at least Skyler does later complain speaking like this is kinda racist. Damn, and she even has a stripper mom who was forced to that job by an abusive husband. That's way too nice of a backstory for a one-off character. These three did not deserve to be in such a brutal comic, they should have been in an Aika episode as recurring characters... :(

jbRCO006.jpg jbRCO007.jpg JBRCO008.jpg JBRCO010.jpg jbRCO011.jpg
Btw the artist is really lazy, the three girls have a bit different hairstyles but otherwise - like in an anime- they have the same face as if they were clones.

D

Deleted member 687

I read the rest of the issue, that just makes me feel sorry for them even more.
How in the world did these girls come "heavily recommended" by some of the top crime families? I mean, they are obviously utterly amateurish.
They have to say "Ninjettes" like, at the end of every sentence and speak with broken english like they were japanese (when they obviously aren't). :D That said at least Skyler does later complain speaking like this is kinda racist. Damn, and she even has a stripper mom who was forced to that job by an abusive husband. That's way too nice of a backstory for a one-off character. These three did not deserve to be in such a brutal comic, they should have been in an Aika episode as recurring characters... :(

View attachment 86745View attachment 86746View attachment 86747View attachment 86748View attachment 86749
Btw the artist is really lazy, the three girls have a bit different hairstyles but otherwise - like in an anime- they have the same face as if they were clones.
I think there was another comic about their demise taken from a different viewpoint in their origin story

gamefanatic

Swell Supporter
Damn that was way too brutal and unnecessary, I don't mind lethal takedowns, but I'm not a fan of killing zako that have surrendered and have a sense of self preservation. Even worse is how the MC KNOWS they are out of their league, already interrogated the remaining survivor, and gave her a sense of hope before just offing her anyway.

Servi

Club Regular
I really loved the Ninjettes, as their origin is my favorite for zako-type characters. The average "girl next door" who out boredom or need for quick cash, throws herself into some villainous organization, only to find herself hopelessly out of her league and dispatched effortlessly.

I was very surprised and excited to discover a prequel mini-series was actually written about these three girls, that goes a little bit more into their background, motivations, and the aftermath of their gruesome deaths (something I think you rarely see in the a zako story, we get to see the ill-fated funeral for one of the Ninjettes). I appreciate too how despite being fleshed out, they still retain their normalcy of bored upper class college girls trying to make it big in the underworld and failing spectacularly.
Even if you're not a fan if the writing or gore, I think it's a good read to really get into the mindset of a zako character. I'd love to see more stories like this.

RCO003_1461937102.jpg RCO004_1461937102.jpg RCO005_1461937102.jpg RCO021_1461937102.jpg RCO022_1461937102.jpg RCO023_1461937137.jpg RCO024_1461937137.jpg RCO013.jpg RCO009_1461937137.jpg RCO023_1461976180.jpg RCO003.jpg RCO004.jpg RCO006.jpg

gamefanatic

Swell Supporter
I really loved the Ninjettes, as their origin is my favorite for zako-type characters. The average "girl next door" who out boredom or need for quick cash, throws herself into some villainous organization, only to find herself hopelessly out of her league and dispatched effortlessly.

I was very surprised and excited to discover a prequel mini-series was actually written about these three girls, that goes a little bit more into their background, motivations, and the aftermath of their gruesome deaths (something I think you rarely see in the a zako story, we get to see the ill-fated funeral for one of the Ninjettes). I appreciate too how despite being fleshed out, they still retain their normalcy of bored upper class college girls trying to make it big in the underworld and failing spectacularly.
Even if you're not a fan if the writing or gore, I think it's a good read to really get into the mindset of a zako character. I'd love to see more stories like this.

View attachment 86760View attachment 86761View attachment 86762View attachment 86763View attachment 86764View attachment 86765View attachment 86766View attachment 86767View attachment 86769View attachment 86771View attachment 86772View attachment 86773View attachment 86774
Feel sorry for Skyler, she wanted nothing to do with it :(

wj1905

Master of this Domain
Damn that was way too brutal and unnecessary, I don't mind lethal takedowns, but I'm not a fan of killing zako that have surrendered and have a sense of self preservation. Even worse is how the MC KNOWS they are out of their league, already interrogated the remaining survivor, and gave her a sense of hope before just offing her anyway.
After reading some issues, it was clear to me Warren Ellis just wanted to make the comic as offensive and shocking to everyone as possible with a "hero" no sane person would root for. If you think this was brutal, just check what she does to her own relatives who were in a crime family... his own uncle she hangs upside down and pulls his guts out with a tractor so it spells her initials... I dunno how this comic lasted so many issues. Jennifer Blood does things that'd make the Punisher have nightmares.

Also, wait the Ninjettes had an origin story? Where? They made a separate comic just for them? After we already knew they were all dead anyway?

Last edited:

Servi

Club Regular
After reading some issues, it was clear to me Warren Ellis just wanted to make the comic as offensive and shocking to everyone as possible with a "hero" no sane person would root for. If you think this was brutal, just check what she does to her own relatives who were in a crime family... his own uncle she hangs upside down and pulls his guts out with a tractor so it spells her initials... I dunno how this comic lasted so many issues. Jennifer Blood does things that'd make the Punisher have nightmares.

Also, wait the Ninjettes had an origin story? Where? They made a separate comic just for them? After we already knew they were all dead anyway?

All six issues of "Ninjettes" for anyone interested https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Ninjettes

Minion

Master of this Domain
Marvel's version of the Amazons make an appearance every now and then, usually in Hercules stories.

Incredible Hercules 121-125
Arteum, the queen's daughter stages a coup and leads the amazons to take over the world. They succeed with some magical artefact that changes the world into an alternative reality where women rule. One of her generals, Delphyne Gorgon falls in love with Hercules' friend Amadeus Choi and starts helping the heroes.

Unfortunately, after the amazons take over the world, there isn't a final big battle. Instead we get a 1 vs 1 fight for the crown. shame.

121a.jpg 121b.jpg 121c.jpg 121d.jpg 121e.jpg 122a.jpg 122b.jpg 122c.jpg 122d.jpg 123a.jpg 123b.jpg 124a.jpg 124b.jpg

The amazons appear again in issues 138 -139 when the avengers attack the Olympus building (a company that acts as a front for the greek pantheon living on earth. The heroes are there to stop Hera's plans to destroy all existence and start the world over.

138a.jpg 138b.jpg 138c.jpg 138d.jpg 139a.jpg

Note: If you're trying to read what they're saying and it's a bit confusing about what's happening;
1) Hercules is married to Hera's daughter. She is helping Hercules stop her mother.
2) Amadeus Choi has heard a prophesy that Hercules will die this day, and is trying to change fate
3) Delphyne Gorgon (green skinned love interest of Choi and queen of the amazons) is fighting against the avengers here because she wants to kill Athena (who's helping the avengers) to lift the Gorgon curse on her

Bonus: Hephaestus, god of fire, metalworking, stone masonry built some golden andeoid women to guard the gods. not humans, but still...

140a.jpg 140b.jpg 140c.jpg

The amazons appeared in The Champions Issue 1

1a.jpg 1b.jpg 1c.jpg 1d.jpg

Last edited:

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Marvel's version of the Amazons make an appearance every now and then, usually in Hercules stories.

Incredible Hercules 121-125
Arteum, the queen's daughter stages a coup and leads the amazons to take over the world. They succeed with some magical artefact that changes the world into an alternative reality where women rule. One of her generals, Delphyne Gorgon falls in love with Hercules' friend Amadeus Choi and starts helping the heroes.

Unfortunately, after the amazons take over the world, there isn't a final big battle. Instead we get a 1 vs 1 fight for the crown. shame.

View attachment 86785View attachment 86786View attachment 86787View attachment 86788View attachment 86789View attachment 86790View attachment 86791View attachment 86792View attachment 86793View attachment 86794View attachment 86795View attachment 86796View attachment 86797

The amazons appear again in issues 138 -139 when the avengers attack the Olympus building (a company that acts as a front for the greek pantheon living on earth. The heroes are there to stop Hera's plans to destroy all existence and start the world over.

View attachment 86798View attachment 86799View attachment 86800View attachment 86801View attachment 86802

Note: If you're trying to read what they're saying and it's a bit confusing about what's happening;
1) Hercules is married to Hera's daughter. She is helping Hercules stop her mother.
2) Amadeus Choi has heard a prophesy that Hercules will die this day, and is trying to change fate
3) Delphyne Gorgon (green skinned love interest of Choi and queen of the amazons) is fighting against the avengers here because she wants to kill Athena (who's helping the avengers) to lift the Gorgon curse on her

Bonus: Hephaestus, god of fire, metalworking, stone masonry built some golden andeoid women to guard the gods. not humans, but still...

View attachment 86803View attachment 86804View attachment 86805

The amazons appeared in The Champions Issue 1

View attachment 86806View attachment 86807View attachment 86808View attachment 86809

The amazons from The Incredible Hercules looks very hot, especially the one brunette individual on issue 138. There's a short-haired amazon with a tanktop. I think she's kinda cute, although she's just a cannon fodder!!

wj1905

Master of this Domain
Can you tell me what issue the golden robot girls appear in? And frankly I would not mind to see more not human henchbabes. :)
I remember Delphyne btw, Marvel certainly re-interpreted gorgons a lot.

All six issues of "Ninjettes" for anyone interested https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Ninjettes
Wait, they did SIX issues backstory for characters who died in like, 5 pages into the main comic:?
I mean, what was the reason? Were people that anxious to know their backstory?

Last edited:

gamefanatic

Swell Supporter
Can you tell me what issue the golden robot girls appear in? And frankly I would not mind to see more not human henchbabes. :)
I remember Delphyne btw, Marvel certainly re-interpreted gorgons a lot.

Wait, they did SIX issues backstory for characters who died in like, 5 pages into the main comic:?
I mean, what was the reason? Were people that anxious to know their backstory?
Probs fan service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.