Collaborative ryona story/game (1 Viewer)

Does this interest you?

• Yes, and I would contribute

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Yes, but I would not contribute

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
I've been holding off on making this post, because I've been trying to catch some of the usual suspects over PM, but that hasn't been working out.

As some of you know, I've been wanting to make a sort of empire-management game that puts the player as overlord of some group of dark forces. Objectives would be to expand into an empire
(of course!) by looting villages (and later cities), as well as capturing slaves, dealing with adventurers and treasure seekers, and holding off against counter-attack. Actions would be taken through officers, with their own strengths and weaknesses.
Major focuses would be on side-plots:
A thief trying to break through your traps and evade your guards to steal a treasure.
One of your officers dueling an adventurer.
Throwing a prisoner into the arena to fight (against an officer, another prisoner, or perhaps some monster you have access to).
The "interrogation" of a prisoner.
etc...

But I am here because I am bad at making games, and the idea of a turn-based strategy didn't seem too appealing to the people I had talked to. So I wonder: could this work instead as a sort of collaborative role-play, where forum-goers choose a course of action, and I act as GM to report the outcome (this would obviously include drawings, which would throw me back on track there). I think it could be interesting, but would need at least some serious support to work.
So are you interested in this sort of thing? Would you contribute?

If you've got questions, feel free to ask them. If we've got proper support, then I'll start working on the setup posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
By "contribute", I don't mean drawing or writing or anything... just participating in discussion of what you want to happen next.

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Do every player acts as an overlord, or do all player controls the actions of a single overlord?
I dunno if I would participate, I'm not really seeing innocents harmed.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Damnit onlinehero, are you screwing with me? xD

Also, it didn't sound like this would be limited to innocents. Isn't ryona good girls getting worked over by evils the majority of the time anyway?

noice1

Potential Patron
I really like interaction, so I'm in.

Sorry but I have bad new. I turned to religion and found Jesus. I won't be contributing anymore so you delete my account.

If the girl in your avatar is this Jesus you speak of, I'll never miss a day of church.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Sorry for not responding sooner-- I've been sick over the last week, so trying to do much of anything has been difficult.

Since there's at least some interest, I'll be working on a bit more of an introduction thread, but I need some questions answered first...

1. Where would this best belong? In the role-playing forum? In a single thread or spread across several? What format works best for you guys?

2. Be thinking about what kinds of lieutenants you want to see in this game, or potential heroines as well. I'll be coming up with a fair number of these as we go, but at the same time I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of characters and so I welcome any ideas here. More details about this in the intro thread, but most fantasy stereotypes will certainly fit. And yeah, I know that's not really a question.

3. Race-wise, what mix of people do you want to see? I assume humans and elves/dark elves are popular, as well as various monster-girls. Is there anything in particular you want or don't want?

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
This would probably fit best in the role playing forum, and I don't think it needs more than one thread (maybe another thread for rules or something).

Hmmm...I'm not exactly sure what kind of lieutenants you're asking for. I guess powerful magic users would be good choices.

Not too picky on races, but I'd like a nice healthy mix of light- and dark-skinned women. In terms of fantasy races, please no dwarves.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Some example lieutenant types to keep the ball rolling:

Sneak: Specializes in stealth-- spying, thieving, kidnapping, assassination, etc. Not very strong in a fair fight.
Warrior: Your standard brute, dark knight, fighter, whatever. Very powerful in one-on-one fights.
Artificer: Creates magic items and traps. Usually has some unique specialty, like electric traps, or golems.
Mage: Casts spells. Specializes in a specific kind of magic, like summoning, or ice.
Zealot: Follower of some dark entity. Can sometimes call demons, or more alien creatures (alien as in does not belong, not as in martian :P).

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
2. By "kind of lieutenant" I guess you mean their appearance, personality, assignment and so on. Well, I have a kink for lolidom, so a child as the overseer of the torture camper would be kinky; because of the physical weakness of her body she has to relay on magic to overpower her victims, so she is a magician. A possible explanation for the physical condition could be that she made a pact with some kind of entity and as sacrifice had to give up her mature body. Also she's a little bit crazy in her head, so she enjoys nothing more than torturing her victims and giving them false hopes, e.g. that her mind snap back to a regular little girl and is about to release her victim only to entrap her victim at the last second and continue the torture. An example: Evangeline - Mahou Sensei Negima (the fight scene is 7 pages long)

3. Maybe a drider; a reference could be the spider girl from Milia Wars. As profession she is a rogue or some sort of trapper. Don't want: Hmm, women with overly large breasts, but judging from your drawing thread that's an unnecessary fear of mine.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
I wanted to come up with one for each class before posting, but I want to keep things moving. Hopefully this also might inspire some people who were simply unable to think of a character before.
Someone92: A drider could be pretty cool. Or a more humanoid variant, like a zealot with four spider legs coming out of her back (like the Fang of Llolth). Underage anything on the no-fly list, though. Maybe a gnome artificer that pretends to be a human child, making references to her "dolls" (golems)?

Here's what I've come up with so far. Keep in mind that we'll be starting with three, though any characters left unchosen may still show up later.

classsneak.png
Asra, Human Sneak
Specializes in spying and thievery, but is capable of doing dirtier work when necessary. Very resourceful when cornered in a fight, but weak against magic.

classartifice.png
Estilia, Dark Elf Artificer
Specializes in traps and devices that restrain and capture. Very effective when defending in a heavily trapped area, but almost helpless against foes strong enough to break free of her tricks.

classbrute.png
Miya, Human Warrior
Extremely brutal fighter, but tends to cause a lot of commotion. Has a bad habit of killing targets marked for capture.

nonniemouse

Casual Client
Hello! Long time lurker here but I wanted to chime in to say what an interesting idea this is! I've had plans to run something similar, using one of the D&D / Pathfinder systems, and I have to say that it is a very rewarding experience. I'd love to take part in this, though my own interests seem to be in a minority even on boards such as this ^^" Would there be much interest in arranging for a few M/F confrontations between lieutenants and adventurers, perhaps with more lethal outcomes on both sides, rather than capture and domination?

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Well, I did ask for ideas for lieutenants. If you want a male lieutenant, give an idea for one!
Same will be going for heroes soon enough.

nonniemouse

Casual Client
Alright! I generally like to mix up good and evil a bit to cast some shades of gray on all the characters. I'll just throw some ideas out there and see how ppl like it. I could do more black-and-white ones if that's the desire:

Captain Marius, Human Militia Commander
A strict advocate of law and order, it would seem ironic he has found himself embracing the code of the dark force, who, in his perception, act as a crucial stabilizing influence on his area. A fierce and merciless melee fighter, he commands squad of loyal shocktroops dedicated to enforcing the letter of the law, dispensing justice with his signature claymore.
Strengths: Formidable Fighter, Commanding Presence, Lead from the Front
Weakness: Obeys Letter of Law (whatever it may be), Upfront (while not necessarily honorable, he is reluctant to employ stealth or subterfuge), Susceptible against Magic, Limited Strategic Mobility (responsibilities tie him to the garrison)
Weapon of Choice: Axiomatic Claymore

Siannthianna, Succubus Liaison
A cunning and ruthless demoness, Siann sees the value of keeping Captain Marius under the thumb of the dark forces. She knows he strives to maintain law and order and contrives to ensure the "law" benefits the dark forces ultimately. Seductive and alluring, her real asset is a Machiavellian cunning in political powerplay. She has ambitious far above her station.
Strengths: Silvertongued Seduction, Supernatural Agility, Sneak Attack (she knows where to strike for maximal damage), Wings grant Limited Flight
Weaknesses: Wings are Vulnerable to Melee, Addiction to Human Flesh
Weapon of Choice: Razorwire Whip

Silence, Elven Sniper
Mute due to mutilation from her human masters, Silence was only the name given to her by those who have seen her work. Harboring a fierce hatred towards humans, Silence joins the cause of the "rebels" only as a way of sating her inner desire for vengeance. Her skill is that of a heartless assassin, moving silently in the trees stalking her prey, crippling them with precise shots from her crossbow before closing in to savor the kill.
Strengths: Accurate Shot, Peerless Stealth, Vicious when Cornered
Weaknesses: Reliance on Range Weapon, Tires quickly in melee
Weapon of Choice: Specialized Heavy Crossbow with poisoned bolts

noice1

Potential Patron
Hey, Unrelated :) Cool ideas so far from you and others.

What about something closer to nature, like a hybrid? Someone's suggestion is such, but I'd expand to plants or anything scaley (I know fur isn't that popular).

Could there be a giantess, perhaps? I'm not talking like, 20 feet, more like 8-9 feet, muscled. Could be humanoid or something really strange like a female Goro from Mortal Kombat. That was another of my favorite ryona moments from early on: Sonya being grabbed and pounded.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Did someone say scales?

classmage.png
Ysalis, Dragonblooded Human Mage
Powerful fire mage whose draconic heritage renders her nearly immune to fire, but weak against cold. Destructive when angered, but is capable of subtlety.

noice1

Potential Patron
Nicely done :) You could make a stable of them, using different elements. It's cliche, but, it works. I love the hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.