Changing/losing interest in characters (1 Viewer)

stomachache

Swell Supporter
It's no secret some of us would fap to ryona content here. After doing so, do you find you'd lose interest in that character for a while? For example, let's say I like Rydia, but after I get that out of my system, I'd lose interest in her (ryona-wise) for a while and move to someone else before that urge kicks in again. It's usually exposure or boredom. I feel like I need a subject, or I happen to see some artworks of Rydia, and it rekindles that fire.

Just want to see what everyone's experience is. This pattern is the main reason I'm almost never able to finish any artworks.

jiwao

Casual Client
It's the same for me, it's easy to get burnt out when I fap to the same character for a long time. Lately I've felt a decline of interest in ryona, which is why I've taken a short break from making stuff. I still find that urge to make content sometimes, but since I don't want to get bored while doing it I haven't done anything lately. Like you said, too much exposure quickly makes something you like boring and I'm waiting for that moment when I feel the energy to enjoy and make ryona again.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
For me it tends to be more certain situations than characters, I think. Like I've only become more endeared to my Alchana over time, especially when I see anyone else doing art of her.

kubi mage

Club Regular
I don't necessarily lose interest in characters, I just forget about them for a while. I feel there's a science to maintaining interest. You might think you're not interested in a character anymore but something can always happen to bring it back.

For example, I tend to forget about DoA characters a lot, even if some of them appeal to me. But when a new DoA game comes out, I'm driven to create something around those characters for a while, because new DoA means new situations to explore, which in turn gives new inspiration. If these situations are lasting I'll start to mix and match with dormant characters that I haven't seen in a while and it re-enervates my interest in those characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.