Can't save characters in Loader (1 Viewer)

danfoo

Potential Patron
I've searched the forum for this and I can't find an answer,
though it seems like I wouldn't be the only person to have this problem.

In the Loader, I can't save any custom characters, it always can't find:
BG.png
and
Char.swf.
It says they should be located in:
Mods/default/BG.png
and
mods/Mods/Default/Char.swf

Even if I start the game up and then instantly try to save the default character, it says it needs these 2 files.

I've been reading over the Saving Guide multiple times, but I just can't figure it out.

Can anyone help? Cheers

ModGuy

Content Creator
danfoo said:
I've been reading over the Saving Guide multiple times, but I just can't figure it out.
Even if I start the game up and then instantly try to save the default character, it says it needs these 2 files.

Mods.txt contains a list of all characters/mods to be displayed within the loader.
When we wish to add or remove a character, we change this file.

Before I flame the hell out of you, have you even read the saving guide?
At which point does it mention that you should use the built in save?

If you set up the files in accordance to the format in place, you should load the mods through the pop up menu at the right - not the bottom.

We've had this question so many times....

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
ModGuy said:
danfoo said:

Mods.txt contains a list of all characters/mods to be displayed within the loader.
When we wish to add or remove a character, we change this file.

Before I flame the hell out of you, have you even read the saving guide?
At which point does it mention that you should use the built in save?

If you set up the files in accordance to the format in place, you should load the mods through the pop up menu at the right - not the bottom.

We've had this question so many times....
No interest in integrating a save method in the game?

ModGuy

Content Creator
Anonymous said:
No interest in integrating a save method in the game?

None, as soon as I start messing with Kona's built in save I'd end up destroying every existing saved character in place.
Would be nice, but no thanks.

danfoo

Potential Patron
Didn't mean to piss you off ModGuy.
I'm quite a fan of what you've done for SDT.

I read the Saving Guide multiple times before posting but it's really hard to follow.
I'm trying to get my head around it but chances are I'll have a bunch more questions before I get it figured out...

hmahan9

Potential Patron
danfoo said:
Didn't mean to piss you off ModGuy.
I'm quite a fan of what you've done for SDT.

I read the Saving Guide multiple times before posting but it's really hard to follow.
I'm trying to get my head around it but chances are I'll have a bunch more questions before I get it figured out...

here's how I do it, it's very simple

1. first, in game you set up your girl the way you want her to look like
2. when you're done go to "modding" tab and press "generate" then ctrl+c and paste it all into notepad. close the game
3. go to the game folder, open "Mods" folder, open "Mods.txt" and add a new line right at the top saying: "name:name" (your girl's name that is, like Saber:Saber for example)
4. still in "Mods" folder create new folder called "name" (your girl's :) )
5. save the stuff in notepad inside that folder as Code.txt (for example ...\Mods\Saber\Code.txt)
6. that's it, start the game, open the little popup menu on the right, your girl's name should be at the top of the list, click on her name and go play

then if you want to edit your character later just do it in game and when you're done use the "generate" button again and paste the new stuff into Code.txt to save it - simple right?

now how to add a mod to your new character, like say you want a variation of Modguy's awesome Sloppy Mod ( http://superdeepthroat.undertow.club/index.php?topic=1587.0 ) to get cum spilling out of her mouth when you're still cumming inside 8) so you go download it ( http://www.mediafire.com/?30fcuc38iiir3l3 ) and it's an swf file, all right:

1. put the .swf file into the girls folder. (example: ...\Mods\Saber\Drip Out.swf)
2. in the same folder create a notepad file "Mods.txt" (example: ...\Mods\Saber\Mods.txt <------- a new, different file than \Mods\Mods.txt which you use to save a new character)
3. open this new "Mods.txt" and just put the swf file's name there. (like just type: Drip Out.swf)
4. that's it, go test it in game. if you want more mods just put all the swf files in the girl's folder and add their names to Mods.txt, one per line

hope this makes sense!

Nenilai

Potential Patron
Awesome this definately clarifies things, only problem for me is it loads everything about the girl, all mods as well, just not her hair xD . Easily fixed by just loading it in but... am I doing something wrong?, I see the hair and its location in the generated text..

*Update*

Nevermind Working perfectly now, no idea what it was, just kept restarting the program and doing it over and over, at some point the forward slashes changed to backslashes, and its working perfectly... I think it was my attempt to save the character in the normal way that updated the link as strange as it seems..

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.