BrokenToaster's Professional Dress (1 Viewer)

stuntcock

Content Creator
Problem: BrokenToaster's: Professional Dress Long Sleeve RGB.swf replaces the background when loading Loader characters.
Unable to reproduce. This file is a vanilla import and it contains no embedded charcode. It shouldn't be doing anything to your background.

Could you please check whether your Mods\$OVER$ folder contains an unexpected code.txt file? That would easily explain any sudden changes in background during character loading.

Or perhaps it's just a minor error and you meant to identify a different file. If so, then it's certainly possible to recompile the SWF as you suggest -- just point out the appropriate file. Alternatively, you could include a Settings.txt file in your Character Folder which includes the line:

Code:
blockCharData=1

You can also make the change globally (by applying that configuration change to your SDT\Settings.txt file), but a local change would be less disruptive.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Unable to reproduce. This file is a vanilla import and it contains no embedded charcode. It shouldn't be doing anything to your background.
That's what I thought when originally trying to decomplie the file, it didn't seem to be doing anything differently to other mods. So I guess that's not the problem.

Could you please check whether your Mods\$OVER$ folder contains an unexpected code.txt file? That would easily explain any sudden changes in background during character loading.
Checked I only have 2 .swfs in there along with mods.txt

Or perhaps it's just a minor error and you meant to identify a different file. If so, then it's certainly possible to recompile the SWF as you suggest -- just point out the appropriate file. Alternatively, you could include a Settings.txt file in your Character Folder which includes the line:

Code:
blockCharData=1
You can also make the change globally (by applying that configuration change to your SDT\Settings.txt file), but a local change would be less disruptive.

I redownloaded the file and they're the same, Also tried Settings.txt both local and globally and the effect is the same.

So I guess the actual issue I'm having is some of my loader characters load the correct background then switch back to the default BG and I don't understand why. Here's the character folder, this character also doesn't load the emo glasses and I have no clue why.

stuntcock

Content Creator
So I guess the actual issue I'm having is some of my loader characters load the correct background then switch back to the default BG and I don't understand why.
To quote myself:

Clean up your charcodes. If you have a code.txt file which includes a parameter such as:
Code:
bg:1
then the charcode will replace your customized BG image with one of the vanilla backgrounds.

The Girl2 folder contains a Code.txt file. The charcode specifies "bg:3". That's the problem. Remove that clause from the charcode and it should be okay.

You can also edit your Settings file (loadCodeLast=0), but removing the extraneous stuff from your charcode is more tidy. In that case, your Character Folder should behave quite consistently -- even if you reinstall the whole game (thus reverting your Settings to default) or share the folder with someone else (who is using different Settings).

this character also doesn't load the emo glasses and I have no clue why.
Code.txt also specifies "eyewear:none". Remove that bit, or change the Settings as discussed above.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
The Girl2 folder contains a Code.txt file. The charcode specifies "bg:3". That's the problem. Remove that clause from the charcode and it should be okay.

Thank you so much, you don't know how much I appreciate this. I've always wanted to use the Loader but I'm a slow learner, you really helped me out. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.