Black Desert Online Resorepless Nude Mod (7 Viewers)

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
No offense for the amount of work you’ve put in for everyone, but I was hoping for more than a 1 sentence answer for the amount I’ve written the last couple pages. Does everything work perfectly for you post-remaster?
The same false claim was made numerous times, and an explanation about why the claim is false and why you shouldn't tamper with the .resorepless folder was made way too many times.

GHKyuki

Avid Affiliate
The same false claim was made numerous times, and an explanation about why the claim is false and why you shouldn't tamper with the .resorepless folder was made way too many times.

I am, as mentioned earlier, simply offering a temporary solution that had worked for me for people who currently face the same problem as I do until someone with more expertise like you/Blackfire is able to come up with a fix; something that as working adults I understand you are not obligated to or may not have the time to do. I apologize if I'm wrong, but you either don't seem to be up to date with comments on this thread post-remaster, let alone read mine for which I have thoroughly described and offered to provide more info about; or, if you are, haven't commented on them. I reiterate, many users are facing the same problem post-patch. I've been using the latest versions of your/Blackfire's mods as per your instructions, with texture files outside the .resorepless folder for the past few months after your fix and the 2 years before without running into any hitches until after the remaster released.

I have every respect for you for keeping the mod alive for the months after the patch that stopped resorepless working per usual, and I get that you are tired of people coming at you with the same issues you've answered time and again. But all you've done in your recent replies is describe what I/we shouldn't do, not what we can do. You haven't answered my earlier question: do custom mods work for you post-remaster - with the standard installation procedures that you have instructed us to follow - and not that of your own method using your WIP database and programs?

(EDIT) Goddamn, I had to trace your message history back till April to see your perspective. Pro tip: physically go to Undercover's page and sift through every post written. But for the filthy casuals, an updated FAQ with questions you've seen before would go a long way to help stop people from making similar posts that exasperates you, that you then reply that rubs them off the same way.

Regardless, that still does not answer my question. For one thing, simply having the modded files in the files_to_patch folder as you and Blackfire both mentioned in the front pages of your mod threads does not work post-remaster. You need to create a characters/textures directory to then place the textures in to have them work properly.

Here is the issue for people who use costume mods, following a vanilla resorepless/metainjector installation.

Previously, we were told to save our edited .dds/pac files into the "files_to_patch" folder before running the injector:

6.jpg

Following the instructions above, this is what my "files_to_patch" folder looks like, before "fixing" the issue.

1.1.jpg

Before the remaster, all my textures work fine, and I was able to run resorepless+metainjector without any problems. However, after the remaster, when using the metainjector:

2.jpg

Using "Let the program decide" causes this:

3.jpg

And using "Keep files and folder structures" causes this:

4.jpg

5.jpg

And the result is either corrupted file error, or this:
aofilesizemismatch2.jpg

No bueno.

The workaround I have until someone comes up with a better fix is to 1) simply create a "character" folder in "files_to_patch" and create a "texture" folder inside the character folder. Move all modded texture files into files_to_patch/character/texture.

1.jpg

2) Run resorepless as usual, ignoring the _ao file size errors that comes up.

3) Use "Keep files and folders structures" instead of "Let the program decide where they should go."

4.jpg

Let meta-injector replace any duplicates caused by the _ao size errors in resorepless post-remaster.

7.jpg

8.jpg

And this time the meta-injector patches fine. And this time it works ingame.

2018-08-27_352161801.png

Remember that something that works for me isn't necessarily the right way to do this, but it does work for me and some other friends who have used resorepless/metainjector without issue in the past. it's just a workaround that I, with zero coding background, am using before Undercover/Blackfire hopefully addresses the post-remaster issues such as the _ao file size errors. You should probably wait for what the experts have to say for a more educated take on any problems.

Last edited:

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
Creating the correct paths is what you're supposed to do when using custom files, it's just like "using the .resorepless folder" but without all the issues that you would be generating with it for the basic user. It's not that hard to understand, it's the name of the patching mode and the "warning" tells you exactly why your files did not patch the first time...

GHKyuki

Avid Affiliate
Creating the correct paths is what you're supposed to do when using custom files, it's just like "using the .resorepless folder" but without all the issues that you would be generating with it for the basic user. It's not that hard to understand, it's the name of the patching mode and the "warning" tells you exactly why your files did not patch the first time...

You replied when I was midway editing my last message. I get that, and I apologize for bringing up something you've mentioned before, but as idiotproof as that sounds on paper, that first line is lost on a lot of people already.

This is what a new person getting into modding sees on this thread (I have been using resorep/resorepless for 2 years and a lot of jargon is still lost on me):
9.jpg

Pre-remaster, just having modified files in files_to_patch works fine. However, as mentioned, doing that post-remaster gives all sorts of errors, the solution to which - which as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong, hasn't been stated previously - is to simply make a files_to_patch/character/texture folder to dump the modified files into. How does an average person with no modding experience read what they are supposed to do between these lines?

Anyway, I'm not here to pick a fight, it is thanks to your efforts that there's actually a mod to run in the first place. I had a problem post-remaster, which a lot of people I know share, that I later found a solution to, and posted it to hopefully help other IT-idiots like me get past the issue until a better one is in place. Maybe not the best explanation and certainly not a universal one, but that's what I have.

Last edited:

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
Because a similar issue regarding duplicate files has been already encountered before, and that's something caused by the inherit flaw of the "let the program decide" mode which can not be addressed without manual input regarding conflicts, something that's currently not even an option as I haven't added an option for manual input nor am I going to with Meta Injector.

There's a reason the first option is the default and recommended one.

GHKyuki

Avid Affiliate
I got that after siphoning through your old replies, but to be fair:
10.jpg

This is where that gets lost on a lot of people.

Last edited:

Waifu

Potential Patron
Because a similar issue regarding duplicate files has been already encountered before, and that's something caused by the inherit flaw of the "let the program decide" mode which can not be addressed without manual input regarding conflicts, something that's currently not even an option as I haven't added an option for manual input nor am I going to with Meta Injector.

There's a reason the first option is the default and recommended one.
Doesnt work without duplicates either now

Q

QuantumVoid

[...]Regardless, that still does not answer my question. For one thing, simply having the modded files in the files_to_patch folder as you and Blackfire both mentioned in the front pages of your mod threads does not work post-remaster. You need to create a characters/textures directory to then place the textures in to have them work properly.[...]

Your steps worked for me, thank you very much!

However, one of the Lahn outfits seems bugged, you still see the shading of the Sanguine Petal armor:
6177d77b3760763d9b1c57e1d514b443.png

Any fix for this?

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
Because reading the warning that's been there since the program was made must be hard... This is exactly why I barely reply anymore, gives me nothing but headaches.

Terix3

Swell Supporter
Using resorepless+custom edits does require some knowledge of how game file structure, i find it weird that it worked to begin with with the option to "let the program decide", there must have been duplicates.
I guess it was MI has some capability to handle the duplicates but as devs keep changing things it no longer works.

Yea the instruction to place textures in files_to_patch assumes that option is used so naturally it wouldn't work with "keep the folder structure".

Well if you use only outfit mods via textures it is easy enough as game has all PC textures in character/textures.

Shinmauru

Avid Affiliate
Sorry to hear its so frustrating UndercoverPervert UndercoverPervert . I will have to donate to you for all your hard work one day (actually sooner than later).
I have finished my edits and followed the first page, and its back up now! yeeees! I missed my world of nudity and women who can fight naked and not take extra damage! :D

2018-08-28_105463100.JPG

Hmmm I think Suzu's textures have taken over the mod. I tried to add pubic hair and 3d vagina and it wasn't there. I also miss the cameltoe. Wheres the cameltoe!? lol

2018-08-28_105488223.JPG

To the community; trying to find a good texture with some cameltoe and darker nipples. Mostly for these classes: Lahn, Maewha, Tamer and Kunoichi. I know all Asian women don't have darker nipples (more on the brown side), But I'd personally like it. Anyone have any suggestions? I can color them myself but it doesn't help with the cameltoe. I guess I could use the textures originally created by mod?

Basically, all this to say I am looking for more textures. Again, love your mods and things Suzu, but would like a more pronounced vagina/cameltoe. :)

Thanks!

MyStTo

Potential Patron
Hello guys i have a proble, i ve followe all steeps but when i start the game, the "Restore N Patch" sais this

Found game process, suspending...
Game hasn't updated, restoring patched meta file... DONE.

Resuming game process...
Game process resumed.

This window will close in 3 seconds.

I join the game, and the mod is not working :(

Shinmauru

Avid Affiliate
Hello guys i have a proble, i ve followe all steeps but when i start the game, the "Restore N Patch" sais this

Resuming game process...
Game process resumed.

I am not one who can really help all that much, but it sounds like the game needs to update. Has it completely updated? If it has, delete the version.dat, bring the game up and let it download and patch completely, then try to do the mod again.

While this might not be the best answer, it can't hurt the game to update it again.

MyStTo

Potential Patron
I am not one who can really help all that much, but it sounds like the game needs to update. Has it completely updated? If it has, delete the version.dat, bring the game up and let it download and patch completely, then try to do the mod again.

While this might not be the best answer, it can't hurt the game to update it again.

yeah its updated, i m playing from steam and there is no update for now

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator

Resuming game process...
Game process resumed.

Restore N' Patch does not do the first patch for you, you have to run Meta Injector yourself.

cwmasterbob08

Potential Patron
I am getting duplicate files during the meta injector run, how do I fix this?
I am pretty sure that this is causing my issue with textures not loading, some even making skin completely clear.

Aeriel

Swell Supporter
I am getting duplicate files during the meta injector run, how do I fix this?
I am pretty sure that this is causing my issue with textures not loading, some even making skin completely clear.
Check the previous page, they were talking about the the semi-solution there.

celtic

Potential Patron
today, black desert korean server is update. so uninstall resopless 3.6f and re-install n-mode,
but start in game is file error (error mesage - file check plz)
so Are patches unusable with today's update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.