Black Desert Online- Armor/Outfits File Names. Please don't ask about armor swapping in this thread. (2 Viewers)

Y

yukikazekasha

Does anyone know how I could do a gender swap for characters? To explain, lets say I want all Musa to look like Maehwa client side, how could I do this? Is this possible/difficult?

Thanks in advance.

Likewise, if I wanted all Wizards to look like Rangers client-side, can this be done?

Last edited by a moderator:
V

volgel

Thank you for all your hard work BlackFireBR. Your mod allowed me to taste what Daum and all the whales have been teasing us normal players with. They make it (the premium armors) look so shiny and desirable compared to the ragged, humble outfits available to us simple peasants. Well now that I've worn the majority of the outfits I've come to realize half of the armors are immersion-breaking and completely out of place. The other half of the premium armors are about the same quality as the free armors; they suffer from the same clipping and stretching issues and some of them only look good in pictures. Every single armor offered by Daum is overpriced by a factor of 10.
I would either have had massive buyer's remorse if I had actually paid for any of them, or I would've rationalized it like all the fucking whales did (while secretly regretting it anyway).

It still baffles me how this has become acceptable to so many people. How did we get to this point where companies feel comfortable charging us €/$30 for a single cosmetic for a single character in a goddamned (MMO)RPG?! Can you imagine the outcry if this had happened to WoW 10 years ago? The genre would have died right there and then. "It's just a cosmetic" they keep saying; as if armor customization wasn't a central part in most big MMORPGs since the birth of the genre.

They deserve to go bankrupt in my eyes. How long until these prices reach triple or quadruple digits so that even today's whales will have a hard time justifying spending their endless supply of cash? This trend of pandering to whales as opposed to the majority is fucking bizarre.

End of rant. Thanks again BlackFireBR.

Purrty

Potential Patron
Oh, forgot to tell you, you have to put the partcutdesc.xml file from Armor Swapping Essentials, put it in the "files_to_patch" folder as well, open it, erase everything, save it, and run Meta Injector.exe again.

You will have a lot of body clipping though. But there's no other way
Thank you. I followed your instructions and now everyone wearing the maid outfit is in their underwear. I'm not sure if this is what the mod is supposed to be, but here is what it looks like:
1oHH26.png

jcSybt.jpg

I placed an empty version of partcutdesc.xml as well as the naked maid file (pew_00_contribute_0012_upgrade_e.dds) in the files_to_patch folder and re-ran the injector. I also deleted the "character" folder from the Black Desert folder. I get this when I try launching the game (although it still launches and I'm able to play the game without any issues):
NNMNGj.png

I thought the mod was supposed to look like this:
kuy5m1d.jpg

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. :(

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Thank you. I followed your instructions and now everyone wearing the maid outfit is in their underwear. I'm not sure if this is what the mod is supposed to be, but here is what it looks like:
1oHH26.png

jcSybt.jpg

I placed an empty version of partcutdesc.xml as well as the naked maid file (pew_00_contribute_0012_upgrade_e.dds) in the files_to_patch folder and re-ran the injector. I also deleted the "character" folder from the Black Desert folder. I get this when I try launching the game (although it still launches and I'm able to play the game without any issues):
NNMNGj.png

I thought the mod was supposed to look like this:
kuy5m1d.jpg

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. :(
You are not supposed to delete the "character" folder, that's exactly where the game looks for the files. the "files_to_patch" folder is just a temporaty folder to make Meta Injector patch the pad00000.meta file, after that, the files should be moved to their right place, which is, in this case, the "character" folder (character/textures/ for the textures).
Just a question, you do have the maid costume, right?
@volgel Thanks man, I appreciate it :)

Purrty

Potential Patron
You are not supposed to delete the "character" folder, that's exactly where the game looks for the files. the "files_to_patch" folder is just a temporaty folder to make Meta Injector patch the pad00000.meta file, after that, the files should be moved to their right place, which is, in this case, the "character" folder (character/textures/ for the textures).
Just a question, you do have the maid costume, right?
@volgel Thanks man, I appreciate it :)
I don't have the maid costume, but I got it to work by copying the files to the character folder. Thank you.
v5AsxG.png

Coney

Potential Patron
Oh, forgot to tell you, you have to put the partcutdesc.xml file from Armor Swapping Essentials, put it in the "files_to_patch" folder as well, open it, erase everything, save it, and run Meta Injector.exe again.

You will have a lot of body clipping though. But there's no other way

Is there a way to only delete the part that has the maid costume?

Coney

Potential Patron
Try using this custom partcutdesc.xml file I made it has all the females upperbody parts defined there. Find and delete the line of the costume. I'm not sure it will work thought.
Sweet, it works! Thank you so much. I deleted all lines that included "_10_UB_0006".

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Sweet, it works! Thank you so much. I deleted all lines that included "_10_UB_0006".
Good to know. I'm actually surprised it worked. I theory it should work, but I usually it never goes according to the theory.
Anyway, Thanks for the feedback.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
So is this discontinued now :( or are you trying to find a way to make this work again :)
Yeah it's discontinued now.

I hit a wall in the only solution I was working and I don't think I can do much about it, and even if I could, I think it's better we don't bring this back to life again since the developers specifically patched the game for this.

We are using this thread just to discus the file names of the armor to use it in the other tools like the nude mod or to extract textures and files.

Coney

Potential Patron
Is there a way to obtain the entire list of partcutdec.xml? It seems that armors that are not included in the file will have clipping armor.

Specter

Potential Patron
awww please find a way to make this work again. You are making thousand of people including me, who don't have a lot of money! to try out some of the great costomes and dyes. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.