Black Desert Online armor/costume mods (1 Viewer)

Terry

Potential Patron
If you ask
eyenight nicely you should get help to modify your partcutdesc.xml file so that her bare legs are forced to show.
thanks again err... I would love to ask anyone of you very nicely. Hopefully he or she will see my poat and thanks again for everything. looking forward to your next release. =P

eyenight

Content Creator
thanks again err... I would love to ask anyone of you very nicely. Hopefully he or she will see my poat and thanks again for everything. looking forward to your next release. =P
I gave the file to Nicky, she will include that in her pack later. Please wait as it will be easier to track if we updated it to fit Nicky's mod better.

rspkers

Vivacious Visitor
Have any of you found the .paz files for tamer-specific sets? I want to start modding on a few of them but don't have the files or the armour codes. Namely the vixen and awakening set. I've tried asking in the armour swap thread but have been flat out ignored twice. I guess there's not that many tamer fans, lol.

Kiko Doragon

Potential Patron
You may save it as 2048x2048 / 4096x4096 or whatever resolution with same aspect ratio and add some filtering and details. Or even recreate from scratch with higher resolution.

You cannot interchange DXT1 and DXT5 files. If you work on a DXT1 it must stay saved that way, though as Ray said, you can increase the resolution so long as you stick to the correct scale.

Though realize that simply scaling the texture from 1024x1024 to 2048x2048 or 4096x4096 does not add detail!!

That's like enlarging a photograph - all you get is grain (or, in this case, pixelation).

Thank you all for your replies. So, we have to stick with DXT1's bodies and cannot enhanced the quality of the files. That's so sad.:frown::oops:

M

Meh65

Why are all the custom tamer outfits clipping on breasts? And one ranger outfit clips the entire chest?

Should I post pics or is this common?

P.S I have a male wizard, and want his cloths to be normal but witch cloths to be the ones from mod. Is this possible?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Though realize that simply scaling the texture from 1024x1024 to 2048x2048 or 4096x4096 does not add detail!!

That's like enlarging a photograph - all you get is grain (or, in this case, pixelation).

While that's true, nothing stops us applying 4096x4096 hi-res textures onto the existing ones to improve how they look.
At some point I'll try it out.

Have any of you found the .paz files for tamer-specific sets? I want to start modding on a few of them but don't have the files or the armour codes. Namely the vixen and awakening set. I've tried asking in the armour swap thread but have been flat out ignored twice. I guess there's not that many tamer fans, lol.

Tamer has been a bit of a pain to work on, I'm getting around to them.
As for other gamers, it doesn't surprise me greatly that many prefer to play as a beautiful woman rather than a young teens girl.

Thank you all for your replies. So, we have to stick with DXT1's bodies and cannot enhanced the quality of the files. That's so sad.:frown::oops:

Actually we can, it's just going to take a lot of work.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
A new version of my mods pack is now available here:
NickyWorld BDO
As well as modding more of the swap-out armors included in the last update, more clipping issues have been solved thanks to eyenight.
Male characters won't be affected by clipping issues with normal armors and costumes.

rspkers

Vivacious Visitor
Tamer has been a bit of a pain to work on, I'm getting around to them.
As for other gamers, it doesn't surprise me greatly that many prefer to play as a beautiful woman rather than a young teens girl.

Lol, I meant the class playstyle. You can also easily make mature "beautiful woman" tamers, just need to be a bit creative when you use the sliders. The only downside is you don't get the breast physics which I guess is the reason people here aren't too into it. You can make an incredible ass on tamers, but they're not as flexible in the breast department. I guess I'm in the minority of also additionally playing the game to enjoy the game itself rather than only to look at a pair of tits. :wink:

46bmvgU.jpg

a9unFaT.jpg

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
After today's maintenance and patch, moving the PAZ file out to enable modding methods makes the game close after pressing OK the first time the usual error message appears.
With the PAZ file in place the game runs as normal, but anyone with mods in their Resorep "modded" folder will have problems seeing those correctly (probably going to see parts of the body missing).
Until one of the scripting gurus works out how to get the PAZ swapout working again, the only recommendation is to backup the contents of your Resorep "modded" folder and then empty the folder so that the game displays standard textures.

Nailmail

Potential Patron
Lol, I meant the class playstyle. You can also easily make mature "beautiful woman" tamers, just need to be a bit creative when you use the sliders. The only downside is you don't get the breast physics which I guess is the reason people here aren't too into it. You can make an incredible ass on tamers, but they're not as flexible in the breast department. I guess I'm in the minority of also additionally playing the game to enjoy the game itself rather than only to look at a pair of tits. :wink:

46bmvgU.jpg

a9unFaT.jpg

I aggree with you, playing Tamer myself also because I like the class and gameplay, nonetheless I think it would be nice if her breasts would be a bit larger. And mine also looks mature and not too childish :D
I posted this in another thread there already, I found a great improvement for all the TAMER fans out there. Unfortunately I am a real noob in modding and editing so I will just post my finding here in the hope someone will do.
Next I want to apologize for my english, it's not my main language, I just hope I can make my idea clear for you. :)
I think no one else found this atm and I am going to tell you right now:

I was playing around with different textures but was quite disappointed because of the tiny breast size of tamers in general. Then I just renamed an other nude texture (I guess from sorc but it doesn't matter which one of the others) with the numbers of the texture from tamers. The outcome was really pleasant, because now her breasts had a clearly bigger appearance. I will show you with pictures, before and after.

Tamer Before:
VOyaXxA.png

Tamer After:
xep3dfb.png

I really think it looks nice and I guess we all wanted a bit larger breasts for her, don't we? :P

The problem now is, that the texture parts don't fit at a few places and also the different color is a problem. Hence I guess someone who is skilled with gimp or photoshop or whatever has to cut the breast part out of another texture from sorc from example and adjust it to the rest of the tamers texture part, and that's the point where someone of you comes into play!

At the end I want to give credit to Tim Mae for his nude texture for tamers, which is very well done, and differs from others. Maybe someone take a look and combines Tim Mae's and Joku's textures (for the breast texture swap) together with my idea for the Tamers breasts, in best case with a few options to choose.

Thanks for reading anyway, hopefully someone is willing to do this and I appreciate feedback for my ideas, happy modding :)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator

46bmvgU.jpg

a9unFaT.jpg

Your brunette is gorgeous, can you please upload the save file for the character creator if you have it?
I would totally love to use her face on a Tamer since I don't play the class at the moment.

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
I aggree with you, playing Tamer myself also because I like the class and gameplay, nonetheless I think it would be nice if her breasts would be a bit larger. And mine also looks mature and not too childish :D
I posted this in another thread there already, I found a great improvement for all the TAMER fans out there. Unfortunately I am a real noob in modding and editing so I will just post my finding here in the hope someone will do.
Next I want to apologize for my english, it's not my main language, I just hope I can make my idea clear for you. :)
I think no one else found this atm and I am going to tell you right now:

I was playing around with different textures but was quite disappointed because of the tiny breast size of tamers in general. Then I just renamed an other nude texture (I guess from sorc but it doesn't matter which one of the others) with the numbers of the texture from tamers. The outcome was really pleasant, because now her breasts had a clearly bigger appearance. I will show you with pictures, before and after.

Tamer Before:
VOyaXxA.png

Tamer After:
xep3dfb.png

I really think it looks nice and I guess we all wanted a bit larger breasts for her, don't we? :P

The problem now is, that the texture parts don't fit at a few places and also the different color is a problem. Hence I guess someone who is skilled with gimp or photoshop or whatever has to cut the breast part out of another texture from sorc from example and adjust it to the rest of the tamers texture part, and that's the point where someone of you comes into play!

At the end I want to give credit to Tim Mae for his nude texture for tamers, which is very well done, and differs from others. Maybe someone take a look and combines Tim Mae's and Joku's textures (for the breast texture swap) together with my idea for the Tamers breasts, in best case with a few options to choose.

Thanks for reading anyway, hopefully someone is willing to do this and I appreciate feedback for my ideas, happy modding :)
That does make it look quite a bit better. I actually really liked the class. It was their running animation that bugged me. Felt like she would trip herself with every step. The combat style was fun though.

JQFan

Potential Patron
After today's maintenance and patch, moving the PAZ file out to enable modding methods makes the game close after pressing OK the first time the usual error message appears.
With the PAZ file in place the game runs as normal, but anyone with mods in their Resorep "modded" folder will have problems seeing those correctly (probably going to see parts of the body missing).
Until one of the scripting gurus works out how to get the PAZ swapout working again, the only recommendation is to backup the contents of your Resorep "modded" folder and then empty the folder so that the game displays standard textures.
I noticed this too, and it made me sad :( I never got a chance to try out the newest mod pack. Hopefully someone can find a way around this soon? In the meantime I've noticed that using the basebody files still work without moving the .paz file, and so does the angel costume (forgot what it's called, but it's the one that you made more transparent).

rspkers

Vivacious Visitor
Your brunette is gorgeous, can you please upload the save file for the character creator if you have it?
I would totally love to use her face on a Tamer since I don't play the class at the moment.

Sure thing.

I aggree with you, playing Tamer myself also because I like the class and gameplay, nonetheless I think it would be nice if her breasts would be a bit larger... -Snip-

Yeah, I'm using Tim Mae's tamer textures as well, they're really quite good.
Or should I say, I was using it. Sigh.

Attachments

CustomizationData_Tamer_Mature.zip
979 bytes · Views: 195

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Yeah, I'm using Tim Mae's tamer textures as well, they're really quite good.
Or should I say, I was using it. Sigh.

If I'm remembering correctly what Tim Mae's tamer texture is, then it will still be working because it's a basebody mod not any kind of swap. Resorep will still show it on your Tamer's body if you keep the modded texture file in your "modded" folder.
However, where you'll actually be able to see the body fully got seriously limited.

rspkers

Vivacious Visitor
If I'm remembering correctly what Tim Mae's tamer texture is, then it will still be working because it's a basebody mod not any kind of swap. Resorep will still show it on your Tamer's body if you keep the modded texture file in your "modded" folder.
However, where you'll actually be able to see the body fully got seriously limited.

Textures will still be there but they're covered by clothing which defeats the purpose. It works reportedly with the cash shop costume kibelius, and an underwear trick, but I'm not about to give Daum money for it.

Also, please make sure the customization file I gave to you is the correct one.

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I think quite a lot of people are confused about what's happened with modding BDO after the latest game patch in EU/NA, so I'll try to explain a few things.
Firstly, Resorep is unaffected. It's job is to look for texture files that are appearing on your screen and immediately swap them for ones it has stored with the same file name in the "modded" folder.
Modding in BDO is therefore still possible, it's just the scope of what can be done has been drastically reduced.
All of the various modding methods being used relied on using "hacked" files that are normally packed in the mysterious PAD0001.PAZ file.
Basically the PAD0001.PAZ file was unpacked and it's contents saved into the BDO game folder where various files that control things about the character basebody and costumes/armors could be opened and modified.
This allowed modders to do things like force all armors to be nude, provide a fully nude body under every armor or swap bits of armors for others.
The game was fooled into using these "hacked" files by removing PAD0001.PAZ before playing the game, that way as it started loading up, when it looked for stuff inside PAD0001.PAZ which was missing, it threw up errors but then found the "hacked" files and was able to continue loading (with several error messages that could be passed over by clicking OK).
It seems that what they've done in the latest patch is simply include a bit of code in the program which just closes the game immediately when the first error comes up. Whereas before the game would continue trying to load and found the "hacked" files it could use, now it simply shuts down as soon as it tries to find something in the missing PAD0001.PAZ.
The part that is confusing most people about all this is basically:
If Resorep still works, how come we can't have nude mods anymore, why can't armors be modded to take everything away and leave nude characters?
The reason is because of a thing called clipping, which put simply involves cutting away the skin mesh under the clothing.
It's done to save computer resources, afterall what is the point of drawing a full body underneath clothing if you can't see it.
So, for example if you mod the texture file to remove the pants on just about any of the armors for any class, what you get is a character with no legs, there is nothing under the pants to show instead.
You might wonder how it is that we can still remove the basic underwear and get a fully nude character that way, well that's because they haven't clipped the skin mesh underneath the underwear, but it's only on a character that's just wearing underwear. As soon as she wears something else, the basebody clipping gets applied and holes appear in the skin mesh.
We have just one exception to the clipped basebody at the moment and that applies to character's wearing the Kibelius cash shop costume.
Because that costume is very skimpy to start off with, they haven't done any basebody clipping, instead they have used the same body that gets used when your character is in the creator screen in her underwear.
And we can remove that underwear, same as we can mod the costume to remove all the material, leaving your character nude.
But that's the only one, and you have to own the Kibelius costume and be wearing it for the mod to work.
As for the future of modding in BDO, getting back what we've lost is only going to be possible if our coding gurus can find a way to convince the game to keep running rather than closing down as it does at the moment, or finding a way to repack "hacked" files into PAD0001.PAZ in such a way as the game thinks the mods are how it's meant to be.

Kiko Doragon

Potential Patron
I think quite a lot of people are confused about what's happened with modding BDO after the latest game patch in EU/NA, so I'll try to explain a few things.
Firstly, Resorep is unaffected. It's job is to look for texture files that are appearing on your screen and immediately swap them for ones it has stored with the same file name in the "modded" folder.
Modding in BDO is therefore still possible, it's just the scope of what can be done has been drastically reduced.
All of the various modding methods being used relied on using "hacked" files that are normally packed in the mysterious PAD0001.PAZ file.
Basically the PAD0001.PAZ file was unpacked and it's contents saved into the BDO game folder where various files that control things about the character basebody and costumes/armors could be opened and modified.
This allowed modders to do things like force all armors to be nude, provide a fully nude body under every armor or swap bits of armors for others.
The game was fooled into using these "hacked" files by removing PAD0001.PAZ before playing the game, that way as it started loading up, when it looked for stuff inside PAD0001.PAZ which was missing, it threw up errors but then found the "hacked" files and was able to continue loading (with several error messages that could be passed over by clicking OK).
It seems that what they've done in the latest patch is simply include a bit of code in the program which just closes the game immediately when the first error comes up. Whereas before the game would continue trying to load and found the "hacked" files it could use, now it simply shuts down as soon as it tries to find something in the missing PAD0001.PAZ.
The part that is confusing most people about all this is basically:
If Resorep still works, how come we can't have nude mods anymore, why can't armors be modded to take everything away and leave nude characters?
The reason is because of a thing called clipping, which put simply involves cutting away the skin mesh under the clothing.
It's done to save computer resources, afterall what is the point of drawing a full body underneath clothing if you can't see it.
So, for example if you mod the texture file to remove the pants on just about any of the armors for any class, what you get is a character with no legs, there is nothing under the pants to show instead.
You might wonder how it is that we can still remove the basic underwear and get a fully nude character that way, well that's because they haven't clipped the skin mesh underneath the underwear, but it's only on a character that's just wearing underwear. As soon as she wears something else, the basebody clipping gets applied and holes appear in the skin mesh.
We have just one exception to the clipped basebody at the moment and that applies to character's wearing the Kibelius cash shop costume.
Because that costume is very skimpy to start off with, they haven't done any basebody clipping, instead they have used the same body that gets used when your character is in the creator screen in her underwear.
And we can remove that underwear, same as we can mod the costume to remove all the material, leaving your character nude.
But that's the only one, and you have to own the Kibelius costume and be wearing it for the mod to work.
As for the future of modding in BDO, getting back what we've lost is only going to be possible if our coding gurus can find a way to convince the game to keep running rather than closing down as it does at the moment, or finding a way to repack "hacked" files into PAD0001.PAZ in such a way as the game thinks the mods are how it's meant to be.
JP version still can be modded as normal, but there is a problem with the Ranger's Kibelius as it's the only costume that have errors. And JP version is still free at the moment, you should take a look to continue with your modding while waiting for master coders to solve the NA/EU problem:wink:. I lay my hope on you :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.