Black Desert Online armor/costume mods (4 Viewers)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Hi, thx for the mod.
but transparent Kibelius seems too transparented, could you make a 70% or 80% transparent kibelius?

At the moment I don't have a method for controlling how much transparency there is.
But if you're concerned about being so nearly naked, try wearing one of the underwear sets under this costume, it's still really sexy but without the nudity.

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
From what i have been able to notice in game (i don't have that outfit to play with) it seems like dye makes a difference in the transparency too. Darker colors looked like it wasn't as see through while lighter colors made it look more see through. Or maybe it was the other way around, either way they seemed to effect it.

peter12121

Potential Patron
too bitch dosent it
UnnwY9E.png

PrincessNicky

Content Creator

The problem with modding low durability textures is actually getting the files, not doing the mods themselves.
In order to get the low durability texture file for any particular armor, I need to be wearing it on my character for Resorep to grab it.
So you can immediately see the problem since you can only see the low durability version of stuff through the cash shop window, limiting how many different low durability textures I can get hold of to mod.
And sure, there is a way to force the game to only load low durability textures, but it means taking out my existing modding method and replacing it, then taking the time to capture every armor/costume I've modded to get the low durability version.
Well, maybe it's something for the future but it won't be happening any time soon with all the modding I still have to complete.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Nicky - what do you think you can do with the Fortuna Luck armor? I tried removing the "trench coat" and just leaving the tunic - unfortunately, when you do that, you discover there's no upper arm!! I had floaty hands :) Managed to work around that in the partcutdesc.xml, but that introduced a ridiculous amount of butt-clipping.
Standing still, some poses look OK, but it needs work still

You have me at a disadvantage, as someone new to BDO since it got released in EU/NA I don't know what a lot of the costumes are. So this Fortuna Luck armor is new to me, I don't think I've seen it yet.
What class is it for, and do you know if it can be obtained in EU/NA somewhere?

eyenight

Content Creator
Have you tried to use only the low durability version of Abropo's mod? It's pretty easy to identify which one is the damaged textures if you see the dds files. And for the transparent texture, you're gonna need to test it 1 by 1 if you don't know which one. It won't took much time.

Modding some damaged version of costumes could be troublesome, especially for cash shop costumes. I've seen that some cash shop costumes has different damaged models for each class, even though they have the same normal version.

You have me at a disadvantage, as someone new to BDO since it got released in EU/NA I don't know what a lot of the costumes are. So this Fortuna Luck armor is new to me, I don't think I've seen it yet.
What class is it for, and do you know if it can be obtained in EU/NA somewhere?
If I'm not wrong, it has same texture with zereth, hercules, and heve. It's not hard to obtain in game, and would be plenty on marketplace.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I'm on NA - its a somewhat common drop item, you can probably get it on the marketplace.

Oh, you know what? It shares the model/texture of the ZERETH armor set, on a Sorceress.

In that case I've already done a mod for it, I'll look it up when I got time later. Thing is most of the sorc armors suffered pretty badly with clipping so I've actually swapped them out for others now.
Here is the mod I made for that:

OaeRPvW.jpg

I wasn't happy with the clipping when you move your character, so I swapped it out to this one which I also modded:

DDnTxKR.jpg

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Have you tried to use only the low durability version of Abropo's mod? It's pretty easy to identify which one is the damaged textures if you see the dds files. And for the transparent texture, you're gonna need to test it 1 by 1 if you don't know which one. It won't took much time.

Modding some damaged version of costumes could be troublesome, especially for cash shop costumes. I've seen that some cash shop costumes has different damaged models for each class, even though they have the same normal version.

Yes, I know about this, in fact when Abropo gave us his method the first thing I did was combine it with the low-durability swap method I was using at the time. But this results in many players running around the game with one boob hanging out since the low durability version of lots of armors has the material ripped away on one boob.
Whilst I have nothing against this personally, it's not really the look I was aiming for with my mods, so I changed to using the full durability costumes.
It's not so much that I lack a method for capturing low durability textures, it's just a huge amount more work to do it.

JQFan

Potential Patron
I'm not sure this mod is working for me. I downloaded the BDO pack v2 and everything else is working, but for this armor it looks like I'm getting the un-modded version.

p9kCWGw.jpg

Terry

Potential Patron
In that case I've already done a mod for it, I'll look it up when I got time later. Thing is most of the sorc armors suffered pretty badly with clipping so I've actually swapped them out for others now.
Here is the mod I made for that:

OaeRPvW.jpg

I wasn't happy with the clipping when you move your character, so I swapped it out to this one which I also modded:

DDnTxKR.jpg
Hi Nicky I am sure that you already know what I meant in my last question. But your sorc armor actually looks rreally good without any clippings when not using mammamia. Only problem is the bare parts of her body don't show. Is there a way to keep the armors intregrity but include legs and arms without making all armor in the game look raggid and torn up?
22Rm1xw.jpg

there is no clipping or holes in her armor just missing legs. is there a way to ad the legs without using the mammamia pack?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I'm not sure this mod is working for me. I downloaded the BDO pack v2 and everything else is working, but for this armor it looks like I'm getting the un-modded version.

p9kCWGw.jpg

You are 100% right, you have the unmodded armor there in that download pack.
My priority was first to provide alternative armors that didn't have clipping issues, but only some of them got modded so far.
The unmodded ones will get done and then included in the next update.
As it happens, this one is now done, so it will be looking like this in my next update:
Sorc10.jpg

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Hi Nicky I am sure that you already know what I meant in my last question. But your sorc armor actually looks rreally good without any clippings when not using mammamia. Only problem is the bare parts of her body don't show. Is there a way to keep the armors intregrity but include legs and arms without making all armor in the game look raggid and torn up?
22Rm1xw.jpg

there is no clipping or holes in her armor just missing legs. is there a way to ad the legs without using the mammamia pack?

If you ask
eyenight nicely you should get help to modify your partcutdesc.xml file so that her bare legs are forced to show.

Kiko Doragon

Potential Patron
2016-04-12_49102705.jpg

Is there any way to increase the quality of the body's .dds files? I can only edit and save as DXT1 format, no luck with DXT 5 :frown:

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Is there any way to increase the quality of the body's .dds files? I can only edit and save as DXT1 format, no luck with DXT 5
You may save it as 2048x2048 / 4096x4096 or whatever resolution with same aspect ratio and add some filtering and details. Or even recreate from scratch with higher resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.