Black Desert Online armor/costume mods (2 Viewers)

Kiko Doragon

Potential Patron
I think the answer is yes, because we can remove pretty much anything in the Abropo modding method.
I'm not quite sure from your description exactly what you're trying to remove and what you want to keep.
Can you show a picture with maybe the bits you want removed with a cross through them?

1Nn387h.png

OQvhkiJ.png

I want to remove those stockings/sleeves/socks :wink:

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
This looks pretty cool. I assume its a cash shop skin that isn't released yet?

Now that i have had time to play with your armor mod with the no shoes on. I actually really like the sack robe my witch has. I'm using the Taritas robe for now and oddly enough while it looks like she is wearing a robe made out an old burlap sack it really looks nice. Kinda reminds me of a samurai kimono a little bit. And with the best black dye it really looks nice. I of course will never have that dye but it looks nice either way lol.

I will get a screen shot here once i finish loading my inventory with fish.

Edit to add screenshots.

2016-04-03_49603767.JPG 2016-04-03_49601714.JPG
2016-04-03_49222390.JPG

Last edited:

Evilshana

Potential Patron
This might be a weird request but is there a underwear mode that removes all top but keep bottom?

I'm using another person's files so it took me forever to figure out some of the file number.DDS (by literally deleting and readding files and figure out which one is which.

Also is there any mode to add shoes for underwear? Walking around tip toeing is very unpleasant.

mtmaximus

Potential Patron
I seem to be having a problem.

I ran the patcher.. now all my characters are naked. BUT the nudemodels in my modded folder are not being used, only the barbie doll type vanilla models are there. Can anyone help me?

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
I seem to be having a problem.

I ran the patcher.. now all my characters are naked. BUT the nudemodels in my modded folder are not being used, only the barbie doll type vanilla models are there. Can anyone help me?

Need a little more information to help.

Are you using the resorp program? I might be misspelling that.

If so do you have it set up correctly so the program is hooking black desert exe file.

Have you downloaded PrincessNickys base nude mod and put those files in the resorp modded folder? Or you could use the Joku's files too. Which ever you like more.

mtmaximus

Potential Patron
Need a little more information to help.

Are you using the resorp program? I might be misspelling that.

If so do you have it set up correctly so the program is hooking black desert exe file.

Have you downloaded PrincessNickys base nude mod and put those files in the resorp modded folder? Or you could use the Joku's files too. Which ever you like more.
Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Yes I am using Resorp. I initially had an issue with the directx error and couldn't even run the game. I did fix that and yes the .exe is hooked.

I used the Joku files (initially i was using the PrincessNickys files but moved to Joku as part of my troubleshooting). And there are no modded textures resulting. Barbie bodies all around.

Any ideas?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Thanks to the wonderful community here at Undertow, we can now mod and replace armors and costumes however we want.
I'm going to take all of this into my future modding work, continuing with the Abropo modding method which gives me a full basebody texture under the clothing, but starting to swap out parts of armors that have big clipping issues (skin poking through the clothing).
So for example in this Sorceress armor I already modded, the main part looks good but the shoes were a mess, so here it is with Lumik shoes swapped in:

X2UzTLj.jpg

And for another example, the Sorceress Agerian armor was a bit of a disaster, so here it is now swapped out for a completely different costume that I've also modded and put with the Lumik shoes since those look really nice and don't clip at all:

n9xb40a.jpg

It will take a lot of time and work to get round every armor in the game, but I'll start by doing the worst affected ones and upload a new version of my NickyWorld BDO pack soon.

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Yes I am using Resorp. I initially had an issue with the directx error and couldn't even run the game. I did fix that and yes the .exe is hooked.

I used the Joku files (initially i was using the PrincessNickys files but moved to Joku as part of my troubleshooting). And there are no modded textures resulting. Barbie bodies all around.

Any ideas?

I have heard if you have your graphic textures set below high it can mess it up a bit.

It sounds to me though that the program isn't seeing the texture files.

Can you do me a favor and check your black desert install folder and then look in the bin64 folder. Check and see if the file dllsettings.ini is in there.

mtmaximus

Potential Patron
I have heard if you have your graphic textures set below high it can mess it up a bit.

It sounds to me though that the program isn't seeing the texture files.

Can you do me a favor and check your black desert install folder and then look in the bin64 folder. Check and see if the file dllsettings.ini is in there.
It is there. Settings are on high.

C

Crystalloid

The pantyhose and stockings can be easily removed with Resorep texture swaps. I believe it's the 1102734382.dds for elf stockings and 3352794608.dds for sorc pantyhose. Just grab one of the full nude texture swaps from BDO Basebody Nudes | Undertow.
Mind I ask how u got the file name of .dds? I wanna keep the stocking but remove the top of Le Vladian inner wear, but I cant find the .dds file name of it. I tried resorep but I can only use the modded file for replacement but i coundnt save any original game mod in original file.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
So, I did this:

From this:
2016-04-05_13170064.jpg

To this:
2016-04-05_13170064(black).jpg

This:
2016-04-05_13170064-red.jpg

and this:
2016-04-05_13170064(white).jpg

I'm having some weird thing happening, like this:

It only happens when I paint the entire texture white or entire black (keeping the alpha channels unchanged though)
white-bug.jpg

And even when it works fine, the cuts are all jagged, and there are still some parts left of the "necklace" thing the armor had, even though I completely removed it with alpha channel:
black bug.jpg

Any idea why this is happening? I have a few guesses:
- Photoshop Image Interpolation when it "smooths" the circles I used to make the cuts ends up being jagged when the alpha channel is read by the game.
- Completely black texture is confused by the game with black alpha channel and it gets confused.
- The resolution of the texture isn't high enough.

I uploaded both modded texture files and the .PSD files as well in case someone wants to take a look.

Attachments

PSD_Bern_Armor_Soc_BRW.zip
15.8 MB · Views: 174

Last edited:

Critical

Potential Patron
Mind I ask how u got the file name of .dds? I wanna keep the stocking but remove the top of Le Vladian inner wear, but I cant find the .dds file name of it. I tried resorep but I can only use the modded file for replacement but i coundnt save any original game mod in original file.
I did it by capturing textures with Resorep and then just looking for things that might look like a pantyhose/stockings texture.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I spent some time modding a couple of armor swaps for Rangers since the default armors clip something terrible with the Abropo armor method.
I'm pleased to say I've now got replacement armors for most of them which don't seem to be clipping and I've modded two of them as well.
I also wanted to look into their footwear since basically all of them suffer badly with clipping, so spent a frustrating amount of time writing the swapout scripts incorrectly and finding nothing worked until I eventually clicked what I was doing wrong.
Blondies like me probably shouldn't be messing with stuff like that :P
Anyways, I finally got footwear swaps working and found a totally epic pair of boots which don't appear to suffer from clipping.
I can see them making an appearance in more than one of the swapped out Ranger armors, unless I can find others that work as well.
But for now here's a teaser, this one is how Rangers in Agerian armor will look now that I've worked on it:

zuieS4M.jpg

Lokiie1984

Avid Affiliate
I spent some time modding a couple of armor swaps for Rangers since the default armors clip something terrible with the Abropo armor method.
I'm pleased to say I've now got replacement armors for most of them which don't seem to be clipping and I've modded two of them as well.
I also wanted to look into their footwear since basically all of them suffer badly with clipping, so spent a frustrating amount of time writing the swapout scripts incorrectly and finding nothing worked until I eventually clicked what I was doing wrong.
Blondies like me probably shouldn't be messing with stuff like that :P
Anyways, I finally got footwear swaps working and found a totally epic pair of boots which don't appear to suffer from clipping.
I can see them making an appearance in more than one of the swapped out Ranger armors, unless I can find others that work as well.
But for now here's a teaser, this one is how Rangers in Agerian armor will look now that I've worked on it:

zuieS4M.jpg
Well now you're making me wanna play a ranger lol. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the other classes.

If it helps, the Grunil chest doesnt seem to clip at all for the Valk. Not sure if you modded it or not but it looks pretty nice. 2016-04-05_5711339.JPG 2016-04-05_5715485.JPG

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
So, I did this:

From this:
View attachment 49873

To this:
View attachment 49874

This:
View attachment 49875
and this:
View attachment 49876

I'm having some weird thing happening, like this:

It only happens when I paint the entire texture white or entire black (keeping the alpha channels unchanged though)
View attachment 49885
And even when it works fine, the cuts are all jagged, and there are still some parts left of the "necklace" thing the armor had, even though I completely removed it with alpha channel:
View attachment 49884

Any idea why this is happening? I have a few guesses:
- Photoshop Image Interpolation when it "smooths" the circles I used to make the cuts ends up being jagged when the alpha channel is read by the game.
- Completely black texture is confused by the game with black alpha channel and it gets confused.
- The resolution of the texture isn't high enough.

I uploaded both modded texture files and the .PSD files as well in case someone wants to take a look.

I had a look at your files using Paint.net which I use for image editing and sure enough you've got lots of jagged edges.
But i could smooth them out and make them go away, so I'm not sure why that hasn't worked for you unless you can't see them with Photoshop.
I've never tried to use Photoshop for editing DDS textures, but I know Paint.net does it well, so I'd recommend trying it instead. It's free software, so it can't hurt to try it.
As for your ghost necklace, there's a bit of Voodoo going on with modding DDS texture files.
You think you've gotten rid of every last trace of something, in this case the necklace, but actually you haven't.
To test it, you can blank the entire file, then you'll see no trace of the necklace anymore.
This means you've missed some of it, and you'd be amazed how much extra "cleaning" you have to do sometimes to get rid of these ghost outlines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.