• minimalist_stairs.jpeg
    minimalist_stairs.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 224
  • wood_stairs.png
    wood_stairs.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 238

karlpaws

Potential Patron
I think SVGs are out of my skill range, not knowing exactly what they are.

Given the options, cutting out the #5 stairs is probably what I would have done and called it good :P

S

skullhammer

Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) is just one standard for vector graphics. Everything in SDT except the background is vector graphics. They are good for resizing (i.e. scalable) without loss of quality unlike bitmaps. If we find bitmaps to cutout that are about the same size as what we need in the scene then the loss of quality when resizing shouldn't be a problem.

Slingerbult

Content Creator
I like the wood (and minimalist) stairs also. So what is all this coming down to - i know a few backgrounds have already been posted in the other thread with some positions but will there be anything more "compiled"?

S

skullhammer

Slingerbult said:
ISo what is all this coming down to - i know a few backgrounds have already been posted in the other thread with some positions but will there be anything more "compiled"?

Good question. Disregarding characters (clothes, hair, etc) we have positions and props and backgrounds as combinations.

This thread is for props only and they can be used with a variety of backgrounds and positions. I only posted backgrounds and some props with some of my positions mainly to be used as a sample.

I see these props and positions just like clothes, costumes and hairs - the building blocks for your own creations.

Should we have a dedicated thread for tying everybody's creations together kind of like the "Screenshots" thread where they post the screenshot and list all the resources used or should we just use the "Screenshots" thread?

Slingerbult

Content Creator
Ok, I'm not very good at these things but afaik there's no way to load a prop in sdt/loader - or do you use the general mod loading interface? Or would you have to combine a choice of bg+prop in another program first and then load as a background? If the latter is the suggested method, then it would be great if there was a thread for sharing "propped" backgrounds, for example in the bg forum, ideally with suggestions on what positions go well with them. Also if this is the case, do you know of any free editor for osx that would allow me to combine props and bgs?

S

skullhammer

Use an external graphics editor. I use Pixelmator and iDraw on OSX but they are not free ($25-$30). The long-term plan is to use the animtools edit mode to add and place the props.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
skullhammer said:
hey skullhammer, could you upload just the penis of the sybian? since the props can mix and match their locations, sizes, rotations and stuff, i think just having a penis you can place whereever would be better than specifically having the penis version.

VincentL

Vivacious Visitor
^ they're generally set as part of the position (e.g. there's a "missionary table" position, which I like a lot), when setting up a position in the animtools you can add a prop in the very last menu panel.

Also, what happened to skullhammer? ó_ó

ShineSprite

Potential Patron
VincentL said:
^ they're generally set as part of the position (e.g. there's a "missionary table" position, which I like a lot), when setting up a position in the animtools you can add a prop in the very last menu panel.

How do I bring in a new prop? The default sybian in Animtools 14 is lacking the tool piece.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
ShineSprite said:
VincentL said:

How do I bring in a new prop? The default sybian in Animtools 14 is lacking the tool piece.
props are compiled with animtools, you don't typically add new props to it

Rod

Content Creator
Hi sby sby

Are you still accepting SVG props for inclusion into animtools?
I'd be interested in doing one or another.

Cheers

Rod

Content Creator
I created this lounge chair, for example.
It doesn't have too many vertices and looks pretty cool, I think.

LoungeChairDraft.png

I played around with a bunch of animtools positions having her seated and being nice to him.

Used a rendered PNG background for this which kinda looks ok, but the whole thing looks stupid when using the zoom feature.

Having a prop which scales with the zoom would be so nice.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.