animtool positions (2 Viewers)

Spinner

Potential Patron
Hi sby,

I am having a problem with [ANIMTOOLS_fileRef]. Most of the time it works fine and loads the target position as expected. But from time to time it simply doesn't.
The dialogue code I have written calls the same lines for the position loads (so they basically work)... And I can't find any obvious pattern.

I was wondering if there are any clues as to what may make ANIMTOOLS_ more or less likely to succeed...?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Spinner said:
Hi sby,

I am having a problem with [ANIMTOOLS_fileRef]. Most of the time it works fine and loads the target position as expected. But from time to time it simply doesn't.
The dialogue code I have written calls the same lines for the position loads (so they basically work)... And I can't find any obvious pattern.

I was wondering if there are any clues as to what may make ANIMTOOLS_ more or less likely to succeed...?
the dialog folks have pointed this out, tends to happen with really bad frame rate. apprently i should use dialogactions api to register dialog things, just haven't gotten around to implementing it.

Spinner

Potential Patron
sby said:
the dialog folks have pointed this out, tends to happen with really bad frame rate. apprently i should use dialogactions api to register dialog things, just haven't gotten around to implementing it.

Thank you for the reply sby... saved me spending more time to hunting down what might be causing it.
FYI: I have seen it occur at a frame rates ~14-15 (not sure is that is considered "bad" or not).

I am also seeing another spurious result: Sometimes a position partial-loads (i.e. most the position is in place but His feet in the wrong place). Is likely to be caused by the same thing?
FYI: I have seen this occur at a frame rate of 30.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Spinner said:
sby said:

Thank you for the reply sby... saved me spending more time to hunting down what might be causing it.
FYI: I have seen it occur at a frame rates ~14-15 (not sure is that is considered "bad" or not).

I am also seeing another spurious result: Sometimes a position partial-loads (i.e. most the position is in place but His feet in the wrong place). Is likely to be caused by the same thing?
hmm, now that is an odd one. never seen that happen before

Spinner

Potential Patron
Spinner said:

sby said:
hmm, now that is an odd one. never seen that happen before

In case it's helpful, here's some additional info then:
  • Is definitely happening... I am loading and re-loading the same small suite of files (switching positions).
  • Is intermittent - no pattern identified to date.
  • Happens at a lower frequency than "simply failing to load" (reported above).
  • Have not kept a log... but, based on the dialogue coded sequence of changes, frequency is ~1 in 30 loads.

Spinner

Potential Patron
animtools: line/trigger for cumming outside

Subject content moved to http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=2888.msg96798#msg96798

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Spinner said:
hmm, was able to recreate it.

most likely can be fixed by assigning the foot x and foot y to both kinds of bodies, instead of what it does right now which is whatever body is used when loaded. most likely an easy fix. for a quick workaround in the mean time, pressing the refresh position button f1 should make them feet work.

Spinner

Potential Patron
animtool positions - bug with feet location

Subject content moved to http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=2888.msg96796#msg96796

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Spinner said:
when? now.
uploaded my working copy of animtools to the most recent post in my imports thread, see if that fixes stuff.
also, totally forgot where i left off, but if there is some crazy messages floating about while playing it will certainly give me a clue xD

http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=2888.msg96737#msg96737

Spinner

Potential Patron
animtool positions - bug with feet location

Subject content moved to: http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=2888.msg96796#msg96796

sby

Content Creator
Coder
uploaded a new version to that same post, also try to keep the conversation in my imports thread, this one supposed to be for sharing positions

HardMan

Avid Affiliate

Attachments

• Bedside on top.png
    Bedside on top.png
    175.9 KB · Views: 1,990
  • bedside reverse.png
    bedside reverse.png
    153 KB · Views: 1,711
  • table close behind.png
    table close behind.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 1,846

OzofMassage

Potential Patron
Hey guys. I know this isn't quite a request page but I am looking for something really simple. I just want a position where she his talking to him face to face. It would make starting dialogue much easier and more interesting to show progression Vs. Always starting on her knees.

Let me know what you think

leonardopaloshi

Potential Patron
OzofMassage said:
Hey guys. I know this isn't quite a request page but I am looking for something really simple. I just want a position where she his talking to him face to face. It would make starting dialogue much easier and more interesting to show progression Vs. Always starting on her knees.

Let me know what you think

Here ya go. Something quick I made.

Attachments

1.Talking
3.7 KB · Views: 773

stuntcock

Content Creator
for some reason, if you zoom out farther than the game's intended zoom (anything less than 0.4), cum doesn't appear. still not sure why, but i haven't looked into it much.
Very belated answer:

obj.Strand::updateStrand() contains a special clause which attempts to destroy any Strand which has fallen too far outside the visible gameplay area. Imagine that we're playing at a high zoom level (the girl's breasts are at the bottom of the screen; the rest of her torso is hidden) and that the characters are far apart. The guy ejaculates. The semen strands will fall to the ground and form a "puddle" near her knees. They won't actually be visible, but they'll still reduce FPS to a crawl. The special clause would fix this problem by culling those strands. The player might be surprised to subsequently zoom out and find that the "puddle" is missing, but we can assume that they zoomed in deliberately on the elements that interest them (e.g. face, breasts, buttocks, whatever). Therefore it's reasonable for the game to cull errant strands in order to preserve runtime performance.

Great idea. Unfortunately, the code is flawed and its conditional statement will never be triggered during normal gameplay. The activation threshold is somewhere around g.sceneZoom=4.0 but the game caps out at g.sceneZoom=1.0 .

Unfortunately, the flawed conditional statement gets triggered very easily by Animtools, because Animtools can set g.sceneZoom to a negative value. The actual visualization/scaling logic of the game has no problem with a negative zoom parameter, but this one useless block of ancient performance-enhancement code gets triggered. It believes that the gameplay area is infinitely small (due to the negative zoom value) and concludes that every semen strand has fallen outside the gameplay area. Therefore it culls all semen strands which were present in the scene before the player activated the zoomed-in Animtools position, and it also culls any newly-generated strands before they've even left the penis.

Solution? Proxy the obj.Strand::updateStrand() method and kill the special clause. A Loader mod is available here.

A subsequent version of this mod could attempt to fulfill the original intent of the clause (presumably via globalToLocal lookups instead of an arbitrary inequality condition) ... but it's on hold pending initial testing and feedback. If the mod gives rise to compatibility errors (or general instability) then there's no sense in adding more code until the basics have been sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.