alternate loader template, version 3 (1 Viewer)

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
sby sby
Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow convert some costume template (thinking collar/headwear) into body mod templates for the neck and face? I'm looking at making an all inclusive Jack from Mass Effect and I'd love it if I could make her tats into body mods and not worry about layering issues and such if using costume mods for the same parts.

vonhizzle

Content Creator
sby sby I am having a problem with the legwear template. It doesn't have a chest or back layer so I can't draw anything above the thigh. Drawing on the backside goes underneath the body so that doesn't work. I can't use the bottoms template because I want the item to go underneath footwear. Thanks for any help you can provide.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
sby sby I am having a problem with the legwear template. It doesn't have a chest or back layer so I can't draw anything above the thigh. Drawing on the backside goes underneath the body so that doesn't work. I can't use the bottoms template because I want the item to go underneath footwear. Thanks for any help you can provide.
found some layers i never assigned in the template extension, here is what i have been throwing together. I used different colors in the template because they overlap. i suggest using the chestover and backover layers, the normal back and chest ones don't seem to completely cover. you will also need this template extension mod to replace the v5 you have in the default $init folder.
nothing concrete so i wouldn't release any mods using this yet, but it is something to try out if you want to do some testing

Attachments

TemplateExtensionV6_sby.swf
4 KB · Views: 2,226

SDTMods_sbyTemplate3_3.fla
414.2 KB · Views: 195

vonhizzle

Content Creator
sby sby So I remade my spandex bottoms mod using this template and everything seems to work perfectly except the back section. When I pasted the layers for the back section they didn't line up (first picture). Everything else lined up perfectly when pasted in. Even when I moved the back objects into position they didn't show up in the right spot in game (second picture).

6szBVvd.png

7CjayEd.png

vonhizzle

Content Creator
Am I to understand that contains everything the previous template did but with improvements?
I just moved the back layer over a bit to line up with the body.

/e Yea sby just added some layers to the legwear template I don't think he changed it otherwise. I believe he was just waiting to release it until it was tested. I didn't add or delete anything just moved the one layer over a tiny bit haha.

Last edited:

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Sorry for being unclear. What I meant to ask was if you or sby made any other changes that would make this in any way worse than the template on the RM (like removing templates for modtypes you're not making for instance)? If the changes made by sby and you are the only difference than this would be a strict upgrade. :cool:

Jaxx

Content Creator
I know I'm getting back late on this topic, but... isn't the backOver layer supposed to be above the chestOver as well as the right Thigh just like the bottoms template ? It seems quite more logigal though.

Last edited:

vonhizzle

Content Creator
I know I'm getting back late on this topic, but... isn't the backOver layver supposed to be above the chestOver as well as the right Thigh just like the bottoms template ? It seems quite more logigal though.
I had some issue with that. The back layer does go over the right thigh unlike the backOver layer. Unfortunately it doesn't fully cover in other areas for some reason. I got around it by using both the back and backOver layers. Not the most elegant solution but it works for the most part. I attached the FLA of the finished product if you or sby want to look at it.

Attachments

SpandexBottom.fla
444.2 KB · Views: 166

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.