A few questions about Street Fighter anime vs Street Figther game(s) (1 Viewer)

Kargan3033

Club Regular
I have a few question about the Street Fighter verce when it comes to the difference between the old SF anime and the SF games.

I have the old SF2 anime movie and in that Bison's crime org is called Shadowlaw while in the SF games it's called Shadloo(sp) are those two names interchangeable in SF cannon/verce?

ciprianouu

Potential Patron
I think it's a problem of romanizing the Japanese name. It might have been originally intended to be Shadowlaw, but it's usually romanized as Shadaloo and this is the official name we see in Western materials nowadays. M. Bison - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are other examples of Street Fighter names that were improperly romanized because Capcom didn't have people well versed in English. For example I think the usual way to write Guy's name in English would be Gai, but Capcom didn't know any better at the time (they were even going to write it Gay until someone told them what gay meant), and I've read that Rolento was supposed to be called Laurent.

Patrice

Content Creator
i think the sf movie came out using the name ShadowLaw (Eng) ShadowLoo (Jap) first, so stick with ShadowLaw?!

NiteGuardian

A Fighter
Content Creator
I could be wrong here, but I thought the Animes were a separate universe/timeline to the games?
That they were going to be one, but after some issues with continuity they officially broke them apart?
Again I'm not that familiar at SF lore so just looking for someone who knows more to say yes/no to this.

Kargan3033

Club Regular
I have both the SF II anime and movie and I have noticed the inconstancies between them and the game I have no idea about the differences between the two and for my own peace of mind I have the switch over to the game verce after the end of the SF II movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.